Poll

Which game project would you like to see done the most?

Castlevania 2 Remake (Chibi)
5 (22.7%)
Lament of Innocence Demake
12 (54.5%)
Castlevania 2 Remake (Non-Chibi)
3 (13.6%)
A New Castlevania Game
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What Should I Work On?  (Read 4429 times)

Offline Wallz!

• Hunter in Training
  • Experimental fan games galore!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« on: June 12, 2016, 07:25:02 PM »
Hey guys! So, school is over for me for quite awhile; I won't get into the reasons. Anyways, I've decided to pick my Castlevania projects back up. However, I have a dilemma: I don't know where to go with my project. I have an engine and resources, it's simply the concept that I can't pick. In the end, I would like to have completed a project that a nice number of fans will enjoy. Here's some explanations of what I have in the poll, ordered by most complete to least complete.

Castlevania 2 Remake (Chibi)

I've posted about this one here before. It's an experimental take on the Metroidvania style, and probably the more unique of the options. The game is themed like the NES, but is meant to function like a much more modern game, like Shovel Knight. However, this is probably the most ambitious of the options, as the sprite style is a lot to work on. This would probably take the most time to complete and have something ready for you guys to try out. This one has the most completed enemies and engine. Due to Simon's sprite revision, level design has to be restarted; Simon is too big for the environments I already have made.

Lament of Innocence Demake

This one is a Bloodlines-themed stage by stage game, re-imagining the environments and bosses from Lament of Innocence, as well as telling the story in a different way. I'd be aiming for the fast, flowing controls of Bloodlines combined with the strategic elements of the NES games. This game currently only has a handful of enemies coded and a half of a level. However, it would most likely be the fastest game to work on.

Castlevania 2 Remake (Non-Chibi)
Not much to say here, this is simply the Chibi Castlevania 2 Remake, but with an NES Dracula X graphical style instead. This would add a more serious tone to the game, and significantly speed up development. However, it wouldn't look as good in my opinion.

A New Castlevania Game
I'm putting this here because I want to know if what you guys would want is something completely new. I personally like the ideas I have now, but perhaps y'all are looking for a breath of fresh air? If it comes down to this, odds are that I will likely do a stage-by-stage game with twisted concepts and a style that Castlevania hasn't seen before.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 07:44:49 PM by ronny14 »

Offline PyramidHead

• Vampire Hunter
  • Don't look into the Death Star, or you will die.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 05:53:49 AM »
I like the idea of LoI demake. For some reason I'm always thinking how good the game would be in 2D while playing it. Because it kind of feels like a 3D remake of some unreleased old Castlevania. I like the characters too. Would be great to have more games with Leon.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 08:05:37 AM »
I voted for CV2 non-chibi, but it looks like it's losing. I wish hey at least posted a mockup so I could have seen that much since this is the only chance to see it since it's losing.

Offline Wallz!

• Hunter in Training
  • Experimental fan games galore!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 07:22:27 PM »
I voted for CV2 non-chibi, but it looks like it's losing. I wish hey at least posted a mockup so I could have seen that much since this is the only chance to see it since it's losing.
The LoI and CV2 Chibi screenshots are not mockups, those 2 actually have running alphas; those are real screenshots. The non-chibi is simply a concept right now, I don't really have any resources to make a mockup for it.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 07:50:27 PM »
You should develop a SotN Maria game in which all ending paths lead her to being consumed into a plant-girl.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 08:05:16 AM »
If there is Maria x Tentacle or/and Venus Weed, I agree.

Tags: