Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: It's time to Shock your System  (Read 2740 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: June 30, 2016, 08:50:34 AM »
System Shock gets a demo
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock?token=a72debe1

It looks great, I'll be backing this ASAP.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline theANdROId

• Legendary Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 12:49:33 PM »
I'm afraid I've never heard of the original...but this does look pretty sweet.  I'll have to look it up sometime.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 01:22:30 PM »
I'm afraid I've never heard of the original...but this does look pretty sweet.  I'll have to look it up sometime.

Don't feel bad, I heard of System Shock 2, but didn't have a real interest until playing Bioshock.... but Since I bought Bioshock 1+2 on PC and Xbox, I just waited it out to get the System Shock games.... which was great because of Night Dive Studios.

Best part this is the original, though updated drastically

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 02:44:16 AM »
I know they did a re-release of the original game pretty recently which supported mouselook for the first time. Pretty cool that they're doing a remake; I hope they have the talent and resources to do it. Making a successful remake (essentially a new game) is quite different from porting older games.

I always meant to play System Shock 2, being a big fan of Looking Glass Studios' first two Thief games. Gotta get on that.

On related news, I found out Nightdive plan on doing a re-release of the PC game PowerSlave with possibly the Saturn version included as well. I've been playing the latter and it's a load of fun; the PC version is supposed to be a completely different game, apparently, using the pseudo-3D Build engine and all the design modifications to fit.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 02:46:35 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything