Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Backloggery  (Read 7556 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 06:36:22 PM »
I rarely ever buy a game with the intention of playing it immediately when i get home, so a lot of stuff sits for a long time. Even more so now that I've really gotten big into comic books just recently.

My backlog is horrible. If it didn't take so long, I would love to find out the played/unplayed ratio within my collection.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 07:15:33 PM »
I rarely ever buy a game with the intention of playing it immediately when i get home, so a lot of stuff sits for a long time. Even more so now that I've really gotten big into comic books just recently.

My backlog is horrible. If it didn't take so long, I would love to find out the played/unplayed ratio within my collection.

I rarely buy video games period any more. For the last 5 or 6 years, which is when I've got the majority of my collection, I just grab a bunch from the steam and gog sales for $1 - $3 apiece. Most of the games I get in a year are gifted to me by my girlfriend in those same sales. Don't have the money and with a a backlog in the hundreds it's hard to justify spending more. Maybe $20 a year at a stretch.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 01:00:27 AM »
I don't know what you do...but I'm stuck playing less and paying less!  I had more money to buy stuff as a teenager with a part time job than I have now as an adult with a full time job! X-/

Well, I do have extra money that I can theoretically spend on games. :) And most of it goes into toys and books.

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 05:31:54 AM »
I have a backloggery account that hasn't been updated in a year.  It didn't even have my whole backlog at the time since I just got too lazy to list everything... and oh boy is this 'everything' a big list.  Now it includes some Genesis games I've picked up but haven't played, some point and click adventure games, Dark Souls, and of course a bunch of others.  Thankfully I've completed some games in the past month, such as Steel Strider, Super Cyborg (good Contra-like), and Ys I & II Chronicles +.  But yeah time to get a big shovel and dig into this backlog I guess.

Online Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 07:25:41 AM »
I have no such problem because

1.) I only move my focus to next game after finding everything I considered worth to find (Secrets,glitch,hidden content,unused/dropped elements,revision/prototypes,version difference,speed run tech,etc) in previous games
2.) I only choose games worth playing of fit my taste, and luckily my taste is so bad  :rollseyes: so I have less chance to find a new game that fit my taste (I'm a knight and not limited to games, that's my attitude/life style towards everything)
3.) Free games took away so much of my time and gave lots of fun to me, thus I pay less about gaming
4.) There're lots of modern works that just sucks, and I feel tired waiting for newer released games
5.) Newer released modern works can't turn on my switch of emotion
6.) I have little space of money for gaming  :rollseyes: My interest had been moved to hardware modification in 2015 after finishing Lecarde Chronicles no-death run thanks to PSP console and PS series controllers.
7.) I'm too much curious about certain games: Castlevania Chronicles PS1, Mega Man ZX, Rosenkreuzstilette/RKSF, Lecarde Chronicles. Just few games can get my notice and thus I can open my censor. And I treat every game by my attitude in 1.)
8.) I usually watch random Anime series through Youtube but the situation is similar; Only a few "chosen one" can reach my censor. So that's how it became my attitude towards everything.
9.) I still have 512 ways to counter "too much games for me to play" situation.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 07:53:55 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 01:25:55 AM »
I rarely buy video games period any more. For the last 5 or 6 years, which is when I've got the majority of my collection, I just grab a bunch from the steam and gog sales for $1 - $3 apiece. Most of the games I get in a year are gifted to me by my girlfriend in those same sales. Don't have the money and with a a backlog in the hundreds it's hard to justify spending more. Maybe $20 a year at a stretch.

I think I'm the complete opposite: I'll just go to stores during sales, with nothing particular in mind, and just pick up whatever looks good that I don't already have. But now going into a video game store feels kind of ridiculous.

Last store I went into had a Buy 2 Get One Free sale during Labor Day Weekend. I'm looking through everything, and all the stuff I want to play, I either own or think I may already own and I'm not 100% sure. I could only find one game (Dragonball Xenoverse) and it's not something I'd normally buy, but I liked DBZ (the show anyway) and I didn't want to leave empty-handed.

So now the only games left for me are the more hard-to-find ones that I'd have to get online, and I really don't want to fork over the cash for stuff like that right now. But at least my idiot brain is slowly coming to the realization that nothing good can come out of aimlessly browsing brick-and-mortar game stores.  :-\
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 01:47:58 AM »
If I had to fill in my backloggery, it could take my entire lifetime to fill in due to having over 1,150 games. No chance in hell will I take the time to fill all that out, plus the info it asks for (optional really).

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 10:37:32 PM »
It was a fun diversion for a week or few ages ago.  It helped me pin down some aspects of my gaming history, at least. 

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 02:31:33 PM »
mine has grown pretty stagnant since my pc controller busted,
though with winter coming along i'll probably pick it up again.

Tags: