Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Should it be in SSB Brawl?  (Read 6281 times)

SonOfBelmont

Castlevania: Should it be in SSB Brawl?
« on: May 03, 2008, 09:26:07 PM »
Hay everyone I am new but now to the matter at hand. I have had Brawl for a while and noticed how Nintendo skipped over Castlevania time and time again. Yah sounds weird but who wouldnt love to kill Ganondorf with a almight,final smash, GRAND CROSS!!!. Or even show that Marth isnt the best swords man around. And dont for get that Browser is the only badass villian around.

Also had noticed while I was looking though the arcives that show the dates of games. Castlevania wasnt even shown, Nintendo is awfuly Arrogant to remove such a collosal series that has been runing as long as Mario. Its also disapponting that Snake make it...Why only have one Konami character? Why *crys*

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Should it be in SSB Brawl?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 03:28:03 AM »
In Reply To #1

I highly doubt that Nintendo "skipped over" Castlevania out of pure arrogance. Konami may not even be interested in putting any Castlevania characters in the Smash Bros games right now. That could change in the future, but right now they probably wanted to put Snake there because MGS4 is on the horizon - a VERY important game for Konami, much more so than any Castlevania at this point.

I honestly think it's an even bigger mystery that Mega Man isn't in it though. Or Cloud from FF7. Not that I give a damn about any Sqeenix characters anymore. But I agree it would be cool to have some Belmont dude in the next Smash Bros.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 07:24:31 AM »
Well Snake was thrown into Brawl mainly because Miyamoto and Kojima are buddies, which is why they put Twin Snakes on the GameCube.
I agree that MegaMan is a bigger mystery. He really should have been in there, but I don't see why Cloud from FF7 Would have even been close to making it in
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 07:36:51 AM »
In Reply To #3

Well, Cloud is the main character in (arguably) the most popular and legendary game SquareEnix has ever published. If they ever wanted someone to represent Squeenix, I think Cloud would be a given. Especially if there's ever a FF7 remake (which is likely to happen someday)

Or actually, now that I think about it maybe they'd go for Sora instead?

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 07:47:31 AM »
In Reply To #1

Well, Smash Bros. always sucks, so I think they wouldn't do a very good Job with CV characters. It also may be because they think most Castlevania characters are in 2D and they don't think it's possible to put them in 3D. They probably know that the only 3D characters are outdated/non-canon or in M-rated games, which they think would make SSB less appealing to the kiddies.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 09:17:15 AM »
Simon would have fit far better than Snake. He would be like Zero Suit Samus, but with some actual power. Given that even, there is no reason what so ever Megaman should have been excluded. I was severely disappointed about that.

Sonic, and Megaman were must have third party members. Snake was the last thing on my mind when I thought about Brawl.

SonOfBelmont

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 09:56:37 AM »
Same thing here last thing was Snake on my mind but Megaman would have been cool, like a cross between Samus and the fox characters. But I heard that Catcom and Nintentdo got in to an arguement about something but thats all I know.

But Nintendo did revmove the game completely from the archives of the game. Still eventhough dont add the characters give them some props for helping out Nintendo's sales like have trouphies or something.

They could just use the pictures and turn him 3d not that hard but they could easly screw it up. Simon and Zero sounds cool but the chance of a clone...Simon would have to have a TON of more power and special moves. How funny would it be to smack mario in the face with a cross?

Mario: Lets GO!!!
Simon: HOLY CROSS!!!
Mario: WTF
GAME OVER

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 12:49:10 PM »
In Reply To #3

Well, Cloud is the main character in (arguably) the most popular and legendary game SquareEnix has ever published. If they ever wanted someone to represent Squeenix, I think Cloud would be a given. Especially if there's ever a FF7 remake (which is likely to happen someday)

Or actually, now that I think about it maybe they'd go for Sora instead?

They said only characters that have appeared in Nintendo games would appear in Brawl. I guess that would've left Sora in for that GBA game, though
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

MidnightSun

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 10:00:40 PM »
I would have liked to have seen Soma in SSBB since his two games are Nintendo exclusives, but you can't win them all.

I would have been disappointed if they put too many third party characters in SSBB, and honestly, I don't think Snake really fit.

Sonic was perfect.  MegaMan would have been cool.  And Sora would have been cool (along with SE announcing KH3 is going to be on the Wii ;))  Then one Castlevania character (Simon or Soma) and it would have been pretty good.

MidnightSun

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 10:05:01 PM »
Also, if I put Soma in SSBB I would make his final smash the Guardian Soul attack that you gain from Death (the one where the sickles fly all over the place).

It would sort of be like Pit's attack, only more deadly. ;)

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 03:14:57 AM »
I too think Castlevania characters should be in Smash Bros.

Perhaps in the next game we'll get Simon Belmont and Megaman? Then we'll have the whole Captain N Team in there.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 12:42:59 PM »
In Reply To #11

Uh, you're forgetting Skateboard-punk Alucard!
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline CVmaniac

• CrAcKinG SKKKULLLLLS !..!
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 03:15:35 PM »
Simon would have fit far better than Snake. He would be like Zero Suit Samus, but with some actual power. Given that even, there is no reason what so ever Megaman should have been excluded. I was severely disappointed about that.

Sonic, and Megaman were must have third party members. Snake was the last thing on my mind when I thought about Brawl.

SMASH BROS definately doesnt SUCK sure you get worn out but if they added some castlevainia chartecters it would up the fun level
PLAY TIME IS OVER!!!!
Props to CVfan13 my best freind

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 05:59:37 PM »
Yeah it sucks that Castlevania characters were excluded from SSBB.  I would like to have seen one of the Belmonts, Alucard, or Soma in it.  I'm also wondering about the Megaman and Megaman X series.  I think it would be so cool to play as Zero from the Megaman X series.  I would have been awesome to play as Sephiroth from FF7.

Oh well, that's life.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 11:52:39 AM »
Simon should've definately been in the game. Have him, Mega Man, and Pit, and you've got a good chunk of the Captain N team. Not to say that's the biggest reason, but they all were pretty notable characters back in the NES golden age. Probably up there in nostalgia with Mario and Link.

Little Mac should've been a fighter!!

As for Cloud, he's been Square's posterboy for Sony. Doubt he'd be included in SSB. I don't think he's ever appeared in an Nintendo SE title. All the others, I've listed, HAVE. Solid Snake, if you forget his Metal Gear Solid role, will always fall back on the ORIGINAL Metal Gear, which of course was NES. Cloud, I'm not sure.

I really would've loved to see some other old VG characters appear:

- Kuros(Wizards & Warriors)
- Mappy(Mappyland)
- Lolo(Adventures of Lolo/Eggerland)
- Karnov(Karnov)
- Bub and Bob(Bubble Bobble)
- Peter Pepper(Burgertime)
- Billy Lee(Double Dragon)
- Mikey(Goonies 2)
- Kid Niki(Kid Niki)
- Nemo(Little Nemo the Dream Master)
- Milon(Milon's Secret Castle)