Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Deleted  (Read 19962 times)

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
  • How Do I Get the IV Upgrade?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania II - Cadence Of Agony (Linear Reboot)
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 05:52:16 PM »
Angel Mummy is completely sprited and sent off.  The colors are  not final as those are YYCHR colors to help me input it into a sheet and its look may change later on though not sure.

The next thing for me to do is to remake that giant bone spittle thing that Dr. Mario had all those years back :)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 06:08:29 PM »
And you gave the Angel Mummy some facial movement too  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2017, 06:18:25 PM »
Lol, indeed :)

I've already gotten a lot of sex jokes about this boss and its not even implemented in yet lol.

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2017, 10:24:51 AM »
+1
So I'm still working on the Bone Spittle King as I'll probably present that maybe sometime tonight or Friday, depending on what happens.  In the  meantime, I've been putting things together on the Zombie Trio concept.

Trevor will be no problem to do as I already have a modified version of my sprite for the boss.  Grant and Sypha will take a bit more work though won't be too trivial.  Depending on what comes up they may have to go all in the same color to dodge the lag factor but that's only speculation and of what Optomon can do.  I'll iron things out later on but this boss is coming along slowly :)

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2017, 12:40:46 PM »
Colors shouldn't be causing lag, NES is supposed to be able to handle 4 sprite and 4 background palettes at all times.
Only thing that could possibly cause the lag is a big number of sprites on screen at the same time, but at this point you're probably fine.
Gotta get away

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 09:39:42 AM »
Only thing that could possibly cause the lag is a big number of sprites on screen at the same time, but at this point you're probably fine.

Absolutely. Look up Ninja Gaiden III as an example of what happens when there are too many sprites on the screen at one time. Talk about slow  :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2017, 10:31:36 AM »
Definitely.  I know there isn't too much lag with the Water Dragons fight so have to see on how this will be handled.  If the boss gets scrapped due to reasons I'll just make another one :)

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2017, 06:10:57 PM »
Well, slow and steady the Bone Spittle King is coming along.  Its an early concept as I got to work on a few things by redoing the arms but showing people that the boss is being worked on.  Going to work on and finish it before I go back to the Zombie Trio :)

Other than its ceiling walk animation I'll probably give the skull an open jaw animation to spit out the goo or whatever it was that Dr. Mario designed for the first one.  Wish I had all of his original boss sprites for a size comparison so this and other future stuff can be correct size however this will have to do :)

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2017, 07:40:55 AM »
Wasn't original Bone Spittle more like a skeleton head atached to some kind of mechanical bug thingy?
This one looks good, but I'd love to see something different than a generic halved skeleton.
(Not exactly a fan of Aria's first boss)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:05:23 AM by Undead Waiter »
Gotta get away

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2017, 11:25:22 AM »
Speaking about that, I'm throwing out the arms and giving it a similar look to the bone spittles since naming this 'king' to them, it didn't make sense for it to have humanoid arms.  Messing around with some ideas right now :)

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2017, 06:31:47 AM »
Some crab-like legs, maybe?
this skeleton's torso is awesome, btw.

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2017, 05:32:02 AM »
Looks really good so far, other than the pallets, your backgrounds and monster designs look great. 

Your hero designs look a tad too complex though, like you've tried to shove all the details from the original designs in them and it comes across looking somewhat jumbled. 

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2017, 06:03:43 AM »
Some crab-like legs, maybe?
this skeleton's torso is awesome, btw.

I'm making a few leg designs so that way nothing is covering up the torso too much.

Looks really good so far, other than the pallets, your backgrounds and monster designs look great. 

Your hero designs look a tad too complex though, like you've tried to shove all the details from the original designs in them and it comes across looking somewhat jumbled. 

Thanks and the palettes that I normally use are those from the YYCHR program that helps me input stuff in sometimes when my eyes can't focus due to allergies.  Do they really look jumbled?  Never felt that they were.  If Optomon wants me to design them differently when I pass them over his way then I can change them :)

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2017, 05:32:33 PM »
Slow but steady I'm reworking the Bone Spittle King. 

So far this is what I have.  I'll make the chest more dynamic and more animated while it walks on the ceiling.  Hoping this can be split up in half like how the Cyclops is placed in the game's data in order to pull this off as I made the walk cycle go from 1, 2, 3 then go back to 1.  When it attacks I'll mention to Optomon to use the second animation so both legs can be on the ceiling while the head does a single animation for a big attack besides dripping harmful goo from the torso.

Not sure when I'll be done with it but I want to make it as animated as possible instead of being stiff.  Things need to be ironed out but I'll start working on that next week :)

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2018, 06:08:22 PM »
I am friendly necro bumping this thread up to update everyone on CoA's status.

Due to real life and other things getting in the way of Optomon, we are looking for a programmer that knows the in's and out's of ASM Assembly and 6502 on the NES.  I am still learning on who's who on this website so don't know on how to get word around besides posting this here.

Help wanted add http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=26000.0

Currently I do have my music composer for FamiTracker references, nesfan, to make new CoA tracks along with revamping and redoing certain ones within the ROM.  The rest for the programming and all that is what we are looking for.  We are not looking to put this ROM onto a cart nor paying anyone for this (due to laws and regulations of such things) so if you are dedicated in helping us out do shoot me and Sephirous a line on here.  If you only know a little about programming please do not inquire as we don't know nothing to help teach you on the in-depth stuff.

Also, please don't hijack the project if you do join us.  We don't want any drama or unwanted negativity.  The things on that list over at RHDN can be done, just need someone (or few) to be dedicated in their volunteer work :)

Tags:

anything