Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 Playthrough  (Read 4288 times)

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« on: August 12, 2017, 05:59:53 PM »
Hey, everyone!

Uzo & I, along with a good friend of his from the Netherlands, are playing the Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, TONIGHT, AUGUST 12TH @ 9:00PM EST! Your presence, as always, is a welcome witness to my belittling & outright slander of Uzo (ours is a complicated bliss).

See you there, you magnificent bust-ups! <3

www.twitch.tv/marcdwyz

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:10:09 PM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 Playthrough
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 02:41:57 PM »
I was there. For part of it. Who wants to touch me?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 02:44:22 PM »
By the way, this is what I was saying to Uzo in the chat about MM7's aspect ratio. It's not 4:3, it's 8:7, and it looks wonky as hell and is something I hope gets fixed for this collection.

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 01:28:01 AM »
so what all does it have on it?  igg-games has a free download of it, but i can't really be bothered to play any games i already have.
any new material at all, or just the main games that weren't on the first collection?  i'd like to see a few, such as -
- rockman & forte
- the 5 GB games
- game gear version
- the additional mode unlocked in the genesis version
- rockboard
- mega man soccer (well, not really)
- rockman battle & chase (not really either, haha)

also tell oozey to ding me a day or two before you kiddos are streaming, i always seem to miss it... :-\

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 01:22:36 PM »
They stream every Saturday evening, brotholomew. I usually catch a little bit of it when I can.

The collection basically just has 7 through 10, with all the DLC for 9 and 10, plus those latter two games no longer look like warbled junk. 8 is the PSX version.

It's a missed opportunity (or deliberate cash grab) that a proper translation of the SFC Rockman & Forte wasn't included. They can skip providing the GBA port, just gimme the real game in English. Maybe there will be an "odds and ends" third collection—after they milk the X series with three games per volume.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 04:07:32 PM »
LC2 has Megaman 7, 8 (PSX ver.), 9, 10. No R&F sadly.

also tell oozey to ding me a day or two before you kiddos are streaming, i always seem to miss it... :-\

Schedule:P
Wednesday 8 PM EST - Game Development Stream
Saturday Evening EST - Weekend Gameplay Hangout

Might be adding Friday into the mix. Not sure yet.

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 12:35:43 AM »
right on, i'll hop in sometime and laugh at the jumps you miss :rollseyes:

i recall reading something about a mega man collection (tentatively dubbed "Mega Man Mania) for gba that was supposed to have the handheld games on it.  unfortunately it was cancelled.....  i'm not really the biggest of a fan of the GB megas, but as a hardcore gameboy enthusiast, it would've been nice to have something like this.
here's some info i found on it -
A Game Boy Advance version of Mega Man Anniversary Collection was also in development and was originally due to be released concurrently with the GameCube, Xbox, and PlayStation 2 incarnations. The game, originally announced as Mega Man Mania, was to feature the five original Game Boy Mega Man games, as well as a history section and artwork gallery. The game had its release date pushed back several times, with the delay rumored to be caused by Capcom lacking the games' original source code. In January 2006, gamers contacting Capcom were told that the game had been placed on "indefinite hold". Capcom also began issuing refund checks to those who had ordered the game directly through their online store.[7] Around the same time, several retailers, such as GameStop, declared the game "cancelled" and issued refunds or store credits.

apparently it was so far into development that there was even an advertisement for it

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 12:05:45 PM »
i recall reading something about a mega man collection (tentatively dubbed "Mega Man Mania) for gba that was supposed to have the handheld games on it.  unfortunately it was cancelled.....  i'm not really the biggest of a fan of the GB megas, but as a hardcore gameboy enthusiast, it would've been nice to have something like this.
here's some info i found on it -
apparently it was so far into development that there was even an advertisement for it...

Yeah, I remember this, but have never seen this much gameplay before. Mostly saw just screenshots. There were adds for it in Nintendo Power, IIRC. Thanks for the video! I've read that the reason Mega Man Mania was cancelled was because the source code for it was lost during production. If that's true, it's really sad. Other rumors state it was over budget or became lost in the shift of development between GBA and DS. (All of these are hard to believe in one way or another, but the fact that they had ads out for it when it was "cancelled" makes me think something out of the ordinary did happen. Why advertise that late in development when there was no game?) The GB entries can be a mixed bag, but I tend to like them quite a bit, and experiencing them in color would have been awesome. A fan tried to rebuild the game some years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGch2ZXU2ts

By the way, this is what I was saying to Uzo in the chat about MM7's aspect ratio. It's not 4:3, it's 8:7, and it looks wonky as hell and is something I hope gets fixed for this collection.

I'm confused. Does the new collection display MM7 at 4:3 or 8:7 by default?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 02:43:21 PM »
I'm confused. Does the new collection display MM7 at 4:3 or 8:7 by default?

The collection has MM7 in 8:7. I suppose it looks OK, but I always choose to play SNES games in 4:3. So far, the collection doesn't have an option for 4:3.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything