Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: OoE pLot twist? *Possible Spoilers*  (Read 24334 times)

warfreak

Re: OoE pLot twist? *Possible Spoilers*
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2008, 09:33:52 AM »
something like he got tired of being pushed around by barlowe or whatever the old dude's name is and decided to quit the order, stealing their best weapon along the way to become famous for defeating dracula single handedly.
Yes, I would like it that way. It would be better like that, with Albus not actually being the good guy. My theory is wayyy too stereotypical for CV already, so let's hope it doesn't come to pass.

If my theory (which isn't completely mine) comes true, I can always claim the title of psychic.  :P Kidding.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2008, 10:49:21 AM »
My theory is that Albus is actually Henry from the "other" dimension here to reclaim the TRUE timeline to the story :P

And Dominus is a metaphor for the dictatorship IGA has over the series. When his back was turned, his surly employees slipped this secret plot in and it has the power to change reality.

Oh yeah, and after the curse wears off, Osama Bin Laden joins the Red Cross. And something about... planetary alignment and garlic.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 10:52:42 AM by A N T R A X X »

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2008, 01:38:49 PM »
In Reply To #22

Umm... uh.... shut up!
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 07:48:46 AM »
Is Albus also a code name like Shanoa? Because the name doesn't really fit him.
My theory is that Albus is actually Henry from the "other" dimension here to reclaim the TRUE timeline to the story :P

And Dominus is a metaphor for the dictatorship IGA has over the series. When his back was turned, his surly employees slipped this secret plot in and it has the power to change reality.

Oh yeah, and after the curse wears off, Osama Bin Laden joins the Red Cross. And something about... planetary alignment and garlic.

Or maybe Albus is Balthier's evil twin brother and he opens an interdimensional rift and tries to take over the world with man-eating Chocobo's :o       

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 03:26:49 PM »
Wasn't "Mr. Barlowe" the name of the vampire in Stephen King's "Salem's Lot?" That'd be interesting if he turned out to be a servant of Drac in OoE...prunyuu...
King's vampire was "Barlow", no ending "e", though pronounced the same. His full name was "Kurt Barlow". It would be interesting if IGA did make his Barlowe as a nod to King's Barlow, seeing that CV tends to pull forth vampires lore in general, with real vampiric figures like Bathory(Bartley), Gilles de Rais and Vlad III(Dracula), as well as fictional vampires like Graf Orlok(Olrox) and Carmilla.

Offline Mortificator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 06:14:16 PM »
I was thinking exactly the same think. Barlow was a very classy, utterly evil vampire, and was actually Stephen King's version of Dracula. It'd be cool to see the Castlevania interpretation of him.
Soleil, not Soleiyu
Orlock, not Olrox
Bathory, not Bartley
Richter, not Richiter

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 06:20:03 PM »
No! Enough of this forced meshings of CV and pop-culture Dracula lore. It's what's running the story into a damn corner.

Well, partly what is...

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 07:18:36 PM »
In Reply To #37
What?  Castlevania has always been about meshing fiction, lore, and pop culture together to create a unique atmosphere.  It's what made it stand out.
Dracula
Medusa
Death...
These are all characters who were never put together before, but when Castlevania did it everyone slapped there head and said "duh".
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2008, 07:20:39 PM »
In Reply To #38

Those're givens: they just wanted to fill its world with monsters.

I wouldn't call Medusa pop-culture. Or Death.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2008, 07:25:41 PM »
Hey now, maybe NOW Death has become a pop culture icon. I mean, horror-wise, Death seems to be the main force in Final Destination. I can definately see idiotic teens writing fanfics tying CV to FD, saying that THAT is what Death does when his master's not around. ;D

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2008, 07:30:56 PM »
We already saw what Death does on his day off with Family Guy :P

Offline Beowulf

• Belmont Wanna-be
  • Hunter in Training
  • SOUL STEAL
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2008, 09:25:19 PM »
Richter will probably pop up in the game or Maria, despite what IGA says, like that damn old man could be Richter or something. Im sure IGA is a damn lier! A Belmont will be in the game, disquised or not, there will be one! ...sorry, but thats what I believe... This is my hypothesis, Richter could have gotten old, and he suddenly realized he was not able to use the "Vampire Killer" for some reason, and he could not tell anyone that the Belmont's were not able to use that weapon anymore, so he goes into hiding for a while and he changes his identity and he makes the "Order of Ecclesia" and he tries to find someone who can do the job since he is not able to because he is old, and he has no way to use the vampire killer anymore. Since because of this, he also has to find someone from his family that can use it, and he finds that the "Morris" family is able to use that power, so he hands the whip over to them. And he tells them to hold on to the whip until the right heir of the Belmont family will be able to use that whip once again. And since he has Shanoa on his side, he will be able to destroy Dracula once again with the help of the "Order of Ecclesia." ... sorry, thats my idea, yall can call me stupid or whatever, but IGA did that once with Eric Lecarde as an identity named "Wind" until you find out later who he is... which I knew who he was once he said he know who Jonathon's father was, but thats beside the point, Richter will probably be in there, just watch. Because I know IGA is lying. Or Shanoa could be Richter's daughter, but is unable to use the whip, so she was born with a different power, and has no idea what her identity is because she lost her identity over some bull crap. dunno, thats my ideas. just 2 different ideas.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 09:30:23 PM by CastlevaniaLord58 »
Dear Konami. Where is my Castlevania?

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2008, 09:45:49 PM »
In Reply To #39
But I would call them lore.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2008, 10:31:15 PM »
Is Albus also a code name like Shanoa? Because the name doesn't really fit him.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 12:15:55 AM »
In Reply To #44
Yes, but the fingernail-devourering Moogles came first with long and pointy sticks and ate the aliens brains
(which were very yummy)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 12:18:09 AM by Nagumo »

Tags:

anything