Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: OoE pLot twist? *Possible Spoilers*  (Read 24317 times)

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: OoE pLot twist? *Possible Spoilers*
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2008, 01:10:18 AM »
In Reply To #44
I know that the 64 games are not canon but maybe Shanoa is actually Carrie Fernandez. I've read on wikipedia that the game takes place in the mid 1800s...

Yeeeah... she's not Carrie.

IGA hates the 64 games. Go figure.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2008, 07:44:49 AM »
In Reply To #46
 :'(
I don't want to sound like a Carrie fanboy but it would be a good twist.   

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2008, 09:03:26 AM »
so you'd basically make her a belnades. :P
Carrie was only 12 in 1852, which already is mid 1800s.

also iga hates the 64 games so much he steals some of their plot points (malus for soma and ada for lydie) just to show his hate. oh, and he commented pretty much positively on them in the interview, so he must hate them really much. :o

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page8cv0.jpg

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2008, 09:58:54 AM »
But Shanoa is supposed to be someone we know or al least related to someone we know, right? Otherwise I don't see much point in giving her a codename. IF she is someone we know the only persons who could be here (and I can think of)are Carrie or Maria (If the game wouldn't take place in the mid 1800s)If she is actually Maria that would suck, hard.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 10:03:33 AM by Nagumo »

Z.I.R.

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2008, 10:35:09 AM »
In Reply To #48

Why does he hate them so much? Because they're still better than the 3D Castlevania's he tried to make?

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2008, 10:44:32 AM »
In Reply To #49

then she'll be RICHTER BELMONT in disguise. :o

she can't be carrie because carrie doesn't exist in this timeline. and she looks nothing like maria.

maria is a distant belmont relative like the morrises, so i don't see why would she be going through some sort of glyphs and crap instead of grabbing the whip in richter's place and going to kick some dracula ass. :P
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 10:47:09 AM by Serio »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2008, 10:47:19 AM »
In Reply To #50
IGA never said he hated the n64 games. People just like to assume things.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2008, 11:22:05 AM »
In Reply To #49

then she'll be RICHTER BELMONT in disguise. :o
Playing as a crossdresser... I like that
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 11:27:25 AM by Nagumo »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2008, 12:25:16 PM »
It was mentioned in the DXC manual that she's a distant Belmondo relative.

Offline impulse

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2008, 12:47:52 PM »
I'm gonna have a guess at who she really is... how about an ancestor of Charlottes? Aulin that is. Seeing as they look slightly similar.

Steve

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2008, 12:51:59 PM »
Maria has always been described as a distant relative with Belmondo blood.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2008, 01:08:01 PM »
I think that priest is the bad one and the guy is the good one, so, the priest tried to kill Shanoa but the gun guy stopped him.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2008, 11:11:17 AM »
I think that priest is the bad one and the guy is the good one, so, the priest tried to kill Shanoa but the gun guy stopped him.

Or it could be the complete opposite: Barlowe? (The priest) could have been trying to give Shanoa the power or Glyph she needed to defeat Dracula, Albus (the gunslinger) could have hurt Shanoa off frame (hence why she's on the floor) and Barlowe was simply trying to protect himself and her while Albus tried attacking him.

Or as you stated, Barlowe could have attacked her and Albus showed up in time to try and defend her. (The fact that what looks like Dracula's coffin being behind them does seem to support that.)     

But from the way it is in the video, I think it's the former: that Albus attacked to get the glyph and Barlowe was defending himself.

Maybe the scene before, where she was suppose to be getting three of them, would have merged into one glyph, thus creating the weapon needed to defeat Dracula  and that's the scene right before the attack.

Also, back to the coffin: I got the impression that Dracula was already awake and causing serious problems with his minions before the Order even formed or at least, shortly after.  So what's he doing possibly asleep, ready to be resurrected? And why is his coffin seemingly, at the Order's base? (The background looks like a church/temple thing and I figured that's where the order would be stationed.)

And will we get to meet/talk to him in the game, pre final boss fight?  Cause I got this pic:

I'm not sure who it is but...::hunches::

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2008, 02:33:23 PM »
And will we get to meet/talk to him in the game, pre final boss fight?

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2008, 04:31:40 PM »
In Reply To #59

TAPS? You mean the ghost hunters? What are they gonna do? Set up infared cameras and microphones until the screenshot starts showing some suspicious signs?
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Tags:

anything