Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Warren Ellis is cancelled  (Read 14111 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2020, 07:45:31 PM »
Sigh, we had such a good thing going for a while there.  If Warren really is off the project after season 4, I do hope someone can pick up the torch in such a way as to keep the fans of the animation and games engaged.  Maybe Adi Shankar can be a bridge from season 4 to 5 (assuming there is one) and continue to provide splendid animations, regardless of who might write the scripts.  Maybe having someone who knows and loves the series can breath new life into it.  It would be neat if whatever is next picks up with the next Belmont’s story.  A new era would make it easier to deal with a writer transition.  Guess I can only hope. 

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2020, 10:51:41 PM »
Sigh, we had such a good thing going for a while there.  If Warren really is off the project after season 4, I do hope someone can pick up the torch in such a way as to keep the fans of the animation and games engaged.  Maybe Adi Shankar can be a bridge from season 4 to 5 (assuming there is one) and continue to provide splendid animations, regardless of who might write the scripts.  Maybe having someone who knows and loves the series can breath new life into it.  It would be neat if whatever is next picks up with the next Belmont’s story.  A new era would make it easier to deal with a writer transition.  Guess I can only hope.

This is Netflix we're talking about.  All this?  There won't be a season 5.  Hopefully they wrap it up well in season 4.  Maybe we'll get some later Belmonts in an epilogue?  Probably not.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2020, 02:06:07 AM »
This is Netflix we're talking about.  All this?  There won't be a season 5.  Hopefully they wrap it up well in season 4.  Maybe we'll get some later Belmonts in an epilogue?  Probably not.

Disagree, take The Ranch for instance and the whole Danny Masterson rape fiasco, that show still continued on despite that and he was one of the main stars of the show, here we are talking about a head writer which they can easily find another potentially more competent writer.

This is not all doom and gloom for the future of the series despite what some who actually dislike it may want, in fact this creatively could potentially be a turnaround for the show depending on who they get to replace him.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2020, 10:13:07 AM »
Disagree, take The Ranch for instance and the whole Danny Masterson rape fiasco, that show still continued on despite that and he was one of the main stars of the show, here we are talking about a head writer which they can easily find another potentially more competent writer.

This is not all doom and gloom for the future of the series despite what some who actually dislike it may want, in fact this creatively could potentially be a turnaround for the show depending on who they get to replace him.

Come on... Warren Ellis is the creator, writer, and by far the only clout this show has.  Ashton Cutcher was the star of the show in the Ranch, if he got busted doing something,it would have died just like house of cards. With Castlevania, it was always a Warren Ellis project.  It's already gotten more seasons than most Netflix shows.

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline xscientist5000

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2020, 08:24:59 PM »
The article proves that he's a womanizer? Your favorite Rock star is a womanizer. Men of any degree of fame have been using it to seduce women since at least the stone age. Maybe he went out of his way to message the adult women of common interest, as opposed to opening a door and letting groupies into his hotel room. They made the decision. He might be a creep or a pervert, doesn't sound like he broke any laws though.

The TV series has a better than 8/10 rating, which did anyone think that would be the case with any show based on a video game? I love the show. It's not perfect, but my expectations were on the floor. Maybe Ellis isn't the ideal candidate to take the series to TV, but did you see anyone else stepping up to the plate? I think he's doing a great job.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2020, 01:58:55 AM »
I wouldn't even call it 'grooming'. A bunch of wistfully ignorant women got played by a player. That article (yeah I finally read it) read like the 2020 version of the hit pop song "It's My Party (And I'll Cry If I Want To)", only cringier. He has a twenty-year history of being a player? Someone buy that man a drink! Is he a sleazebag? Definitely, no argument there. But sleazebags are the the type of people humans love to give their time and money to -- especially their money. Think that guy selling you a car is morally upright? Think that lady selling you a house is a bastion of human decency? I'd be interested to see how creative he got with his endeavors, or if he just used the same spiel with each of his marks. As well-known as he is for his creativity, just how creative is he really? Enquiring minds want to know.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2020, 07:40:19 AM »
+2
I wouldn't even call it 'grooming'. A bunch of wistfully ignorant women got played by a player. That article (yeah I finally read it) read like the 2020 version of the hit pop song "It's My Party (And I'll Cry If I Want To)", only cringier. He has a twenty-year history of being a player? Someone buy that man a drink! Is he a sleazebag? Definitely, no argument there. But sleazebags are the the type of people humans love to give their time and money to -- especially their money. Think that guy selling you a car is morally upright? Think that lady selling you a house is a bastion of human decency? I'd be interested to see how creative he got with his endeavors, or if he just used the same spiel with each of his marks. As well-known as he is for his creativity, just how creative is he really? Enquiring minds want to know.

this is a horribly negative way of looking at it. despicable. all of these people he affected weren't even women yet. warren ellis created a fanbase, and he leveraged his fame and following to extort girls for things he wants. i think you're being too insensitive to other's situations, and too defending of a predator.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2020, 08:15:24 AM »
+3
I love how these events cause a bunch of creeps to out themselves. "Yes he was a creepy sleazeball, but he didn't do anything illegal, so he's just cool!  Give him a drink, and show me what he did so I too can be as disgusting as him!"

This is what we mean by #timesup this stuff was never ok, it's just that men got away with it.  As a culture we are done with sleazeball creeps.  If that upsets you, it's time to look in the mirror.  You guys are the cringe.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 08:17:10 AM by AlexCalvo »

Offline xscientist5000

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2020, 09:43:02 AM »
By your judgement, a good % of the male population would be creeps. Sometimes men want to sleep with women they find attractive but have no intention of marrying. Sometimes women want to sleep with men they wouldn’t normally find attractive, but do because subconsiously it serves some purpose for them. When these two meet up, as far as I’m concerned it’s a match made in heaven. If he was forcing women or putting employees of his in unfair situations, it’d be different. If so, the victims need to blow the whistle then and there - Not run to twitter 10 years later. This is a case of a lonely guy who figured out how to work “the game”. Fortunately things with a hash tag in front of them don’t hold up in court, and the only people who care about them are the easily offended, yet vocal minority.
To take it back to CV, I for one will be pretty upset if the show gets cancelled, because of the 2020 internets new definition of sexual assault, which really adds up to young adult women making bad deals and deciding it wasn’t even half their fault years later.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2020, 06:28:53 AM »
+2
I love how these events cause a bunch of creeps to out themselves. "Yes he was a creepy sleazeball, but he didn't do anything illegal, so he's just cool!  Give him a drink, and show me what he did so I too can be as disgusting as him!"

This is what we mean by #timesup this stuff was never ok, it's just that men got away with it.  As a culture we are done with sleazeball creeps.  If that upsets you, it's time to look in the mirror.  You guys are the cringe.

this is a horribly negative way of looking at it. despicable. all of these people he affected weren't even women yet. warren ellis created a fanbase, and he leveraged his fame and following to extort girls for things he wants. i think you're being too insensitive to other's situations, and too defending of a predator.

Correct. I would never tolerate that kind of behavior, from myself or anyone I work with. It's completely destructive to the victim, and to the professional environments they work in. No good can come from this kind of behavior.

Instead of directly responding to the other comments in this thread, I'll leave this website here, and you can see for yourself how the accusations against Ellis don't even come close to matching the description of the events given by the predator defenders in this thread.

https://www.somanyofus.com/testimonials

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2020, 01:16:59 PM »
By your judgement, a good % of the male population would be creeps.

You kinda called yourself out on that one, huh?
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2020, 02:00:10 PM »
+1
I guess that after all this he's going to have to go back to fucking goats.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline xscientist5000

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2020, 08:47:01 PM »
You kinda called yourself out on that one, huh?

That's by your definition, and some seriously naive, white knight thinking. I'll bet you think all women are totally innocent disney princesses. You know there is no shortage of women who want this behavior too right? Why do you think "bad boys" have always been so popular? Attraction is not a choice, and it sometimes conflicts with a persons morals and logic. That is why later when the hormones wear off - "what the hell was I thinking?". Then you have people coming out with the cognitive dissonance that ensues, online.

I read a few of those posts:
"I initiated a three way kiss with him"
"We continued to sext"
"I got the feeling of being special and worthy"
Are we sure these women were angels being manipulated by a predator? Sounds like no one was forcing them. This is why internet SJWs are such a joke, even though there are real SJ issues in the world, they cry wolf about "hurt feelings". Grow up.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 08:48:35 PM by xscientist5000 »

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2020, 11:25:51 PM »
+4
Let's ease off on calling other members "white knights" and "SJWs." I'm hardly one to believe "all women are innocent angels" or whatever, but the simple fact of the matter is that beyond questions of misogyny or women's rights or whatever, much of Ellis's behavior was simply unprofessional. Getting involved with the personal lives of fans and random fellow-forum-goers (as described in "Fox's" testimony) is simply a bad idea and would be *even if nothing sexual had occurred.* All that drama and garbage would have gotten me fired from several other jobs and positions I've held elsewhere in life. It's not being a "white knight" to condemn him for that, it's just good sense.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2020, 06:50:44 AM »
+1
I guess that after all this he's going to have to go back to fucking goats.

;D I never would have imagined that there would exist some form of Castlevania that contains several goat sex jokes, but here we are.

Tags:

anything