Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dracula Untold (2014) movie  (Read 7714 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: January 13, 2014, 01:07:53 AM »
Here's the imdb link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0829150/

Finally a Dracula film by Hollywood after all these years.
Perhaps more info will surface when the release date is near.

I just hope it stops the bastardization of vampiric lore in the recent years.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 04:36:52 AM »
Vampire mythology combined with the true history of Prince Vlad tell the origin of Dracula.

Sounds like The Historian. That's a good thing.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 09:58:46 AM »
+1
Hmm. This I might want to check up on when more info is available.

I just hope it stops the bastardization of vampiric lore in the recent years.

Diddo. Vampires don't f@#king sparkle nor is anyone else Dracula except Vlad Tepes.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 03:43:55 PM »
Interesting. Good pick for Drac, too. Luke Evans bring Bela Lugosi to mind and that's a good thing. I might just have a second movie I'll be willing to go see in the theatre this year. For the curious, the first one is the new Godzilla.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 10:32:31 PM »
I agree I think hell make a good Drac

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 12:10:11 AM »
Found an interview on Evans: http://www.movieweb.com/news/luke-evans-talks-bard-the-bowman-in-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-exclusive

Skip all of the Hobbit stuff and you'll find this part.
Is there anything you can say about Dracula Untold? I've been told this version is much different that previous iterations. Do you know when we might see the first trailer?

Luke Evans: You're going to see the first trailer on the back of Godzilla. I maybe should not have told you that, I don't know. I think that's the plan. Don't hold me to that, but I think that's the plan. It's coming together very, very well. It's a huge film. It's a big, sweeping story line, you know. It's got everything you'd expect from a historical re-telling of the most famous vampire that ever lived, but what it does to distinguish itself from all the other stories about Dracula, is this is the origin story, so we focus quite heavily on the historical figure, which is Vlad the Impaler, or Vlad Tepes, as I like to call him. When you call him Vlad the Impaler, everybody just assumes that's all he did every day, to impale loads of people in the forest on spikes. Yes, he did do that, but this man was also known in the history books as a very successful leader and a man who ruled over a very peaceful nation for a very long time. He was also a family man. He raised his child and loved his wife dearly and people loved him dearly too. We're bringing that element of the historical figure to light, and we want people to understand more of the human story. Then, when we get the human story up and running, that's when you realize there are things he has to sacrifice and decisions he makes, which allows us to merge the fictional story that Bram Stoker created, into the historical figure that is Vlad the Impaler. It's a really interesting story, and it's full of action. He was a warrior and there are some incredible fight sequences. As you can imagine, the special effects are off the scale. It's very exciting. I'm very, very excited about seeing it.

Offline K.K. Drunkinski

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 02:01:36 AM »
I'm excited for this film too, but the interview with the actor playing Dracula is kinda shitty. Him making a contrast between calling him "the Impaler" or "Tepes" is laughable, because it's the same damn phrase. "Tepes" translates literally as "The Impaler" and he is obviously ignorant of that fact. Also, Dracula had more than one son, and more than one wife, and left one of his sons to die when the infant fell off the horse as Vlad was fleeing the Castle the night the Turks staged a raid in the middle of the night (which was the same night his first wife committed suicide by jumping from the battlements because she didn't think escape was possible and didn't want to get raped by rTurks, contrary to the later fictional version of her doing it because she thought Dracula was dead.) Luckily, that son that Dracula accidentally dropped while fleeing was later found alive by a local farmer, and years later, when Drac was returned to power in Wallachia, the farmer who found him and raised him was given a good chunk of land and alot of gold by Drac as a reward.  Anyhow, I hope this film is good.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 02:17:59 AM by K.K. Drunkinski »

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: Dracula Untold (2014) movie
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 07:52:34 AM »
Finally a Dracula film by Hollywood after all these years.

Dracula has appeared in more films than any other fictional character. With remakes and adaptations being Hollywood's MO nowadays, I suppose it was only a matter of time before another Dracula film came along. That being said, this type of film is exactly what the vampire genre needs.

I wonder what that $100m budget is going towards? There are no big-name actors in this film at all, and despite it coming out in five months, not much money seems to have been spent on marketing so far.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 07:56:21 AM by Tanatra »

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 08:53:25 AM »
Thanks for sharing this. It looks really cool.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 12:16:35 PM »
I hope it's better than Dario Argento's Dracula. 

Weird-ass Dracula adaptation / fanfic origin story for one of the Brides with bad acting.  And bugs.

What happened to you, Dario Argento?

Bugs.

Offline St.Tweeter

• Hacked Darkmoon's Crappy Furry Board Once
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Hunter in Training
  • Why am I here? I hate you people. You bore me!
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 03:27:33 PM »
Dario was always kind of odd though....
-1,000,000,000,000,000 Wulongs to whoever brings me the head of Fredrica Irving, the Amnesia Loli-

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 02:44:56 AM »
First posters are out. Click the link to see them.
According to Empire,
Little has been revealed about the movie so far, save for the fact that it will be a new look at the real-life roots of the character we know from Bram Stoker’s Dracula. Evans’ Vlad Tepes is initially shown as an honourable but troubled man who fights for his people and will go to any lengths to protect his family. Unfortunately for him, “any lengths” includes “making a dark pact that sets him on a path to become one of fiction’s most iconic monsters.” It’s a bit like agreeing to let Capita run your public services, but obviously less annoying.

From the looks of the imagery so far, the filmmakers – including director Gary Shore, who scored the gig thanks to some effective work in short films – and studio are pitching this as a Batman Begins affair, but for the world's most famous bloodsucker. And we’ll have plenty of the tortured hero doing what he thought was best and having his good intentions lead him down a road to hell.

With Dominic Cooper, Charlie Cox, Samantha Barks, Sarah Gadon and Paul Kaye all in the cast, Dracula Untold will be with us on October 3.

Seems LoS-ish....

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 12:15:11 PM »
If he actually has a cape made of bats then that's where some of the budget went.
PS- I so need to make a cape that looks like it's made of bats.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2014, 08:37:41 PM »
Place some runes on his sword, add a icy blue aura around it and color his cape red and it could totally pass for a LOS2 poster.

Cautiously optimistic on the movie tho, could be decent or it could be I Frankenstein.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:41:39 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 01:05:45 PM »
The first trailer for Lords of Shadow: Dracula Untold.

Dracula Untold

It actually looks...kinda decent.

Tags: