Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I can't believe it Isn't Castlevania  (Read 66049 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: May 11, 2011, 11:24:47 PM »
Thought Id give this a try after browsing through some photos on Deviant Art.

Ever seen a photo of a castle or church or something, and think, DAAAAYUM, THAT IS SOME CASTLEVANIA LOOKIN' SHIT. WHERES DRACULA HIDIN' AT.? Well most of us probably haven't in person.

But post those kinds of photos here.

At the same time, we get to see awesome photos and shit.

NOTE: It doesnt exactly HAVE to be a castle or cathedral, it can be general environments and photos that remind you of Castlevania and the land  and settings around it.

Ill start off be posting some HDR photos
(click to show/hide)

Lets see if this idea is successful, or if it crumbles like the demon estate itself.

HAVE AT YOU!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:34:14 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 11:44:32 PM »
Those are some excellent locales FLAME, and will become good desktop & cellphone backgrounds thanks! I can imagine Gabriel Belmont scaling the walls in some of those, with his Combat Cross Chain Whip, of course.

Here are some cool ones

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 12:14:52 AM »
I can't believe any of THOSE are not Castlevania  :o

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 12:56:45 AM »
The first image looks like Ruvas forest and the second one like the Mountain fortress.the others don't look like past esceneries but they NEED to be, they are beautiful (especially those gardens :o)
Take note (Screencap?) Mercury!

Everything comes full circle

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 01:18:19 AM »
Wow, amazing! Pics are so great.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 08:11:21 AM »
My buddy and right hand man, Diplo, used to send me loads of pictures of Cathedrals and stuff that looked like they would fit right inside Castlevania, but... I lost all of those in a hard drive crash : [

Heh, I can remember his words.  "I'm not much into religion, but some pretty amazing things have been done in the name of it."

Maybe he still has some of them or knows where to find them.  I'll have to check.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 08:17:02 AM »
Somebody needs to swoop in and hire those artists who made the pictures in Crisis's post.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 09:42:18 PM »
My buddy and right hand man, Diplo, used to send me loads of pictures of Cathedrals and stuff that looked like they would fit right inside Castlevania, but... I lost all of those in a hard drive crash : [

Heh, I can remember his words.  "I'm not much into religion, but some pretty amazing things have been done in the name of it."

Maybe he still has some of them or knows where to find them.  I'll have to check.
look up the Deviant Art group "HDR Fans".

You will find much of that.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 06:19:58 AM »
I fully endorse this thread. I don't particularly have anything to contribute though, but if I happen upon something I will.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 03:01:21 AM »
I really love this castle!!!

Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 11:17:02 AM »
Ooooh  :o The location in that pic is just prime for Castlevania.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 01:05:16 PM »
Some more!!!

For some reason, it doesn't accept the pictures, that i'm trying to post and when i press the modify button, it made a double post........ :(

It seems that the copy of my post, got to work after some time, any moderator reading this, please delete the one with out the pictures.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:23:23 PM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 01:09:39 PM »
Some more!!!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:15:27 PM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
Re: I can't believe it Isn't Castlevania
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 07:43:04 PM »
That cathedral in the waterfall would work DAMN awesome as a locale for a 3D Vania.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 11:13:07 PM »
<3 Neuschwanstein

Tags: