Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Peke on Virtual Console?  (Read 9835 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 10:27:48 PM »
Yeah, I got that idea from a ROM hack of US DXX that replaces Richter's sprites with Hanz's along with the fact that Maria's powerless in DXX for some reason.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 12:44:32 AM »
Probably, the localizer abandoned translation.

Yeah, it's too bad. If they're gonna do the text in English, they should translate it, I say. :p

But here's something that's really weird:

The castle has been redrawn! :O It appears the clouds may have been too, but one thing's for certain, they scroll in the opposite direction.

The animated bat above the logo has also been removed.

I don't understand the reason for these changes.

I assume the Japanese Dracula X Chronicles has a straight port of the original title screen, or has that been changed also?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 10:52:56 AM »
I was just thinking about the 32X game. Does there exist a beta or anything at all of it? D:
According to Mr.P's Castlevania Realm there were few screenshots of the game in some Japanese magazine. If it is true, than it means that this game was in some early playable form. How far Konami went in development is a big question, but apparently there certainly was some material, since this game was used as a basis for SOTN development or so I've heard.

Anyway, I believe CVBL could exsit in some unfinished form, but I doubt that it will fall into someone's hands. Though, I really hope that one day Bloodletting, Resurection and Bloodlines Beta will be obtained by beta collectors.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 10:39:06 PM »
I assume the Japanese Dracula X Chronicles has a straight port of the original title screen, or has that been changed also?
Changed also. DXC-Peke is not perfect port. DXC-Peke Richter can't moonwalk.

32X game
It was in the KCEK site a long time ago. Not Japanese magazine.

This interview is all.
http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Castlevania:_The_Bloodletting

Unnamed rival-positioned character,  Fans have created a variety of characters using this sprite.
http://castlevaniafan.wikia.com/wiki/The_Rival
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:32:54 PM by Koutei »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 11:10:43 PM »
How do you moonwalk? :o
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 11:31:45 PM »
moonwalk
The Moonwalk
http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/code-rob.htm

Peke Richter can moonwalk, But, DXC-Peke Richter can't moonwalk.
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 06:19:03 AM »
Hold the whip button, then move backwards/forwards.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 08:21:08 AM »
I think I remember doing that at one point. Dunno why I forgot all about it. :o

So how is "Peke" pronounced? I keep saying it like "peak" in my head, but that can't be right.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 08:42:12 AM »
+2
Pe ke as two separate syallables, and pronounce the e sound like eh or the e in cafe.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 08:54:51 AM »
Peke

This Japanese TV show title is "PEKEPON".
http://channel.pandora.tv/channel/video.ptv?ch_userid=sen-t&prgid=33635944
I'm on hiatus now.

Tags: