Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)  (Read 457629 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (Fan Project)
« Reply #345 on: December 27, 2015, 07:26:25 PM »
The man looks like real militia work! lookin' good from here.

Something tells me Tim is going to become this project's favorite.

Dude doesn't look like a lady  ;D

Naw, I jest. He's got a very rugged look to him, and along with the personality you gave him in the story, he will no-doubt stand out from everyone else. His tragic story should be alright though. In fact many of the tragic figure throughout history go on to be the most remembered.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #346 on: December 28, 2015, 12:04:46 PM »
The man looks like real militia work! lookin' good from here.

Dude doesn't look like a lady  ;D

Naw, I jest. He's got a very rugged look to him, and along with the personality you gave him in the story, he will no-doubt stand out from everyone else. His tragic story should be alright though. In fact many of the tragic figure throughout history go on to be the most remembered.

I like him, he's as some sort of a Aged Dark Ralf Jones  :rollseyes:

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #347 on: January 05, 2016, 07:37:48 PM »
Question:

How do you imagine Julius Belmont's origins to be?

I'm kinda stumped on this part of the plot for months now, so write down your ideas so I can have an inspiration, pretty please?
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #348 on: January 05, 2016, 08:21:20 PM »
I believe an early idea of yours was that he was raised in secret, wasn't he? I'd like to see how he was hidden from society in the first place, and whether such method could affect him psychologically.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #349 on: January 05, 2016, 08:23:48 PM »
I believe an early idea of yours was that he was raised in secret, wasn't he? I'd like to see how he was hidden from society in the first place, and whether such method could affect him psychologically.

It was, and it still kinda is. But the question still stands, if you want to propose something you have imagined before.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #350 on: January 06, 2016, 02:41:46 AM »
Let's see, would him being fed only partial information regarding things that are relevant to him be a cheap way of generating potential conflicts and whatnot?
EDIT: Wait, shit, that already kinda is Tim's thing if I don't refine it further.
Let's see, what if Julius doesn't know his parents and the closest thing he has to a parental figure is Jonathan, and what he knows about his own bloodline he only knew from Jonathan (and whoever else might be close to him)? This might create somewhat of a contrasting parallel between him and Tim.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:08:53 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #351 on: January 07, 2016, 02:11:37 AM »
Let's see, would him being fed only partial information regarding things that are relevant to him be a cheap way of generating potential conflicts and whatnot?
EDIT: Wait, shit, that already kinda is Tim's thing if I don't refine it further.
Let's see, what if Julius doesn't know his parents and the closest thing he has to a parental figure is Jonathan, and what he knows about his own bloodline he only knew from Jonathan (and whoever else might be close to him)? This might create somewhat of a contrasting parallel between him and Tim.

The contrast with Tim was actually planned, but not how you put it. I like your idea. The contrast was (and still will, why not) happen in another way. But having the "partial info" bit involving Jonathan can add more quality meat to it :)

Julius' parents is one of the biggest points I'm stumped on. I honestly do not want to focus on them, because this detracts from the "screentime" for other important stuff - Like Jonathan's final development. Yet I wonder if people would ACTUALLY want to know about them.

Honestly speaking, I couldn't form ANY relationship or origin or explanation for these parents. I tried, but it was so filmsy I had to let it go. I put a lot of effort on the ideas but ultimatelly they were scrapped because the parents served no useful, believable purpose. But recently I made this "decision" of having them not appear at all - yet this put me on the position of "what if people think this is cheap?".

What I can say is this: As of now, Julius' parents will probably not exist at all in the main plot. But this would be explained and interwined with Julius' destiny itself. "How" or "Why" they don't exist is up for studying further, but I can say I already have a somewhat formed idea of the "why" and how it relates to Julius becoming what he is.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #352 on: January 07, 2016, 03:30:25 AM »
Yeah, to be honest I don't mind the whole missing parents thing as long as the explanation is believable, and depending on the explanation it may actually be more interesting.
^^

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #353 on: January 07, 2016, 06:10:05 AM »
Midi-chlorians? ;)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #354 on: January 07, 2016, 06:33:27 AM »
Midi-chlorians? ;)
bitch i am gonna go to your house and go kylo ren on your computer and instruments and shit :P
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 06:36:54 AM by VladCT »
^^

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #355 on: January 07, 2016, 07:55:12 AM »
Midi-chlorians? ;)

Dear god no...

...Even though what I have in mind has to do with Julius' powers.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #356 on: January 07, 2016, 09:52:20 AM »
Midi-chlorians? ;)

Dear god in all that is muthafuggin' holy, no! Never go the prequel George Lucas route, it's just bad, lol.

A Belmont's supernatural power doesn't come from biology. It is a spiritual aspect that flows in their veins and gives them mystical abilities placing them above all other hunters. And this also allows them to take on, and destroy creatures that normal hunters cannot face and live to tell the tail. This power is what also allows them to take of Dracula whereas any normal hunter wouldn't stand a chance.

Sorry for the info dump Chernabogue   ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #357 on: January 07, 2016, 10:34:16 AM »
LOL IT WAS A JOKE PEOPLE xD

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #358 on: January 07, 2016, 03:33:17 PM »
From my point of view, the prequels are (not) evil.

*flys away

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #359 on: January 07, 2016, 10:50:57 PM »
From my point of view, the prequels are (not) evil.

*flys away

So, Jar Jar isn't evil?  Oh you ain't flying away. Come back here. ;D

@plot: Maybe Julius was given the full scoop on his legacy and was raised in a village that is controlled by the Belmonts/some people close to them with access to modern stuff and all. His parents might be on an espionage trip or something or ended up dead, that makes it alright with young Julius since he was already briefed on what is going on.

Tags: 1999 Awes