Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849057 times)

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4335 on: January 26, 2013, 09:13:02 PM »
They're kind of going for the realistic approach, so the pot roast is just going to be a one time Easter egg most likely. I don't know if there are save points in the game because so far, Trevor is the only one who has Light Magic for healing purposes, Alucard may use Dark Metamorphisis or plain feed healing but Simon??? Replenishing designated wall meat! Pretty cool, but comic material doesn't really fit in this series, despite the nostalgia overload. But we still don't know about Sypha's spirit...

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4336 on: January 26, 2013, 10:44:30 PM »
I would love the wall meat.

Hmmm... I have a feeling there would be save points.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4337 on: January 27, 2013, 03:51:13 PM »
+1
Stumbled upon some new screens via Amazon jp

Quote from:

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4338 on: January 27, 2013, 04:06:02 PM »
Love that Castle map pic. Soo classic

Everything comes full circle

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #4339 on: January 27, 2013, 05:46:50 PM »
Hmm, these screens are pretty revealing (particularly the bottom halves). Looks like Alucard will have the power to transform into wolf, bat, and mist, and also be able to stop time(I think that's an hour glass). I see Trevor's familiar light and dark magic and subweapons, and Simon's Sypha thing, axe, grenade, and... I don't know what that last thing is.

Of course, I don't know if this has already been brought up, and this thread is WAY too huge to check. Had the subweapons/powers been revealed before now?
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4340 on: January 27, 2013, 05:52:26 PM »
looks really good so I know that when I download the demo it will look even better that's one thing the fire emblem demo showed me is that the pics do not do justice sometimes to how it really looks.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4341 on: January 27, 2013, 06:13:26 PM »

Of course, I don't know if this has already been brought up, and this thread is WAY too huge to check. Had the subweapons/powers been revealed before now?

Every other sub weapon and special ability for each character has been revealed. However Alucard's hourglass power was not particularly revealed (Cox posted it on twitter his inventory but it was hard to really make out what the item was) and it was apart of that bit of leaked info about the game a month ago.

Also, a quick heads up about the demo. It is the exact same demo as the one displayed at E3. The final game has since been polished and is more balanced than what was shown at E3.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #4342 on: January 27, 2013, 06:44:40 PM »
Every other sub weapon and special ability for each character has been revealed. However Alucard's hourglass power was not particularly revealed (Cox posted it on twitter his inventory but it was hard to really make out what the item was) and it was apart of that bit of leaked info about the game a month ago.

Also, a quick heads up about the demo. It is the exact same demo as the one displayed at E3. The final game has since been polished and is more balanced than what was shown at E3.

IIRC every thing was not as good so why do that?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4343 on: January 27, 2013, 07:51:48 PM »
The screen shots are great.
Green and yellow boxes... (save rooms and warp rooms?)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4344 on: January 28, 2013, 03:35:07 AM »
I like the new screens, also i have noticed that if i'm not wrong, that the subs and abilities, can level up by gaining experience. Also i love the external map, reminds me Super Castlevania IV.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4345 on: January 28, 2013, 04:08:49 PM »
+1
Damn, looks nice! My main question is whether those maps apply just for the room you're in or for a larger section of the castle.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #4346 on: January 28, 2013, 05:07:00 PM »
Damn, looks nice! My main question is whether those maps apply just for the room you're in or for a larger section of the castle.

Very good point. I guess we'll probably find out with either the demo or gameplay videos that show both screens. It's hard to tell just by the screens.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4347 on: January 28, 2013, 06:06:46 PM »
Yeah, about that Halloween trailer remake, they didn't show the bottom screen. Alucard in Cox's tweet originally had 6 slots for sub weapons. I see only 4 here. I REALLY don't want to think that sub weapons are the only thing that differentiate the Character's gameplay. But realistically speaking, I'm not expecting hardcore combos in the game. It's probably going to all of Gabriel's combat, distributed among the three characters (If Gabriel is only in his LoS's prologue state as a tutorial character) I'm hoping this game won't be like Shinobi for 3ds. It is a good game, but short and repetitive. Not to mention hard. The map is more favoured towards it's Super Metroid style. Castlevania in DS games had a Radar showing you your exact location in the room. Metroid's Map icon only blinks as one square per room. The map demonstrated here is kind of hard to understand, I mean why is every box in the map dotted? That in Metroidvania indicates that you can fall through the area. It makes it look like that all levels are one huge room you can fall through. I'm hoping those individual squares can be zoomed in/zoomed out. That would be a lot better. Maybe the stages are so huge that's why they didn't expand it. If so, I'm good then.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4348 on: January 28, 2013, 06:34:34 PM »
Those screens look amazing! This really just keeps looking like it'll be one of the best castlevania games yet!
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4349 on: January 28, 2013, 09:55:36 PM »
If you just want the info with no pages upon pages of discussion, there is a staked thread that's "Just the info, no discussion"...
...though I'm not sure how often that's been updated.  I hope you fans have been keeping it updated!

That Castle map screams "Van Helsing" movie, what with the teensy bridge between two bluff towers.
Did anyone preorder this yet?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: .....?