Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1048294 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #2130 on: June 16, 2015, 07:37:39 AM »
Think we'll see levels outside the castle? Or will it be entirely within its walls like SOTN was?

IGA said it's entirely within the walls of the castle.

that was my ask iga question~

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2131 on: June 16, 2015, 07:46:07 AM »
I'm almost sure the prequel games won't be inside a castle, so there's that.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2132 on: June 16, 2015, 10:21:34 AM »
That would be cool. How are you almost sure?
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2133 on: June 16, 2015, 10:25:31 AM »
That would be cool. How are you almost sure?

The descriptions of the story and characters on the KS suggest that Miriam didn't come to the castle until the events of the game. So it can be assumed she won't be in the castle in the prequel.

EDIT: So I just saw on E3's website that IGA will be at the convention tomorrow and have a presentation at 6:30. Think we'll be seeing Bloodstained there?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:26:06 AM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2134 on: June 16, 2015, 04:46:44 PM »
The descriptions of the story and characters on the KS suggest that Miriam didn't come to the castle until the events of the game. So it can be assumed she won't be in the castle in the prequel.

EDIT: So I just saw on E3's website that IGA will be at the convention tomorrow and have a presentation at 6:30. Think we'll be seeing Bloodstained there?
Yup. Since it's prequel, I hope that's the case as well.

Maybe the road of Miriam towards the castle... as a classicvania. That was an idea I always had when thinking about making a fan game.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2135 on: June 16, 2015, 07:10:13 PM »
In the prequel, it is possible for the setting to be somewhere in rural England where the alchemist guild is held and most likely we'll be playing as Gebel killing off everyone except for Johannes.

Wow. It is most likely about Bloodstained. I hope there's a video recording of it.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #2136 on: June 17, 2015, 01:06:44 AM »
We won't get anything new. Maybe some art, but don't get too excited. ;)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2137 on: June 17, 2015, 11:23:58 AM »
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/next_metroid_prime_home_console_title_would_likely_now_be_on_nx

Found this very disheartening.

Sounds like the WiiU is really on it's way out and Nintendo wants to move on. Bloodstained might end up being one of the last games on the console.

Personally this news irritates me, I just purchased a WiiU last Christmas. They barely announced any new games for it at E3, I'm willing to believe Nintendo is going to start trying to kill it off. This is very reminiscent of SEGA's shift from the Saturn to the Dreamcast.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2138 on: June 17, 2015, 03:27:44 PM »
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/next_metroid_prime_home_console_title_would_likely_now_be_on_nx

Sounds like the Wii U is really on it's way out and Nintendo wants to move on. Bloodstained might end up being one of the last games on the console.

Personally this news irritates me, I just purchased a WiiU last Christmas. They barely announced any new games for it at E3, I'm willing to believe Nintendo is going to start trying to kill it off. This is very reminiscent of SEGA's shift from the Saturn to the Dreamcast.

Yes, I'm in a similar spot, and I was a bit disheartened by all of this, too.

Now, this article does talk about "Metroid Prime," though, which doesn't necessarily mean there couldn't be a Yoshio Sakamoto-led Metroid game (see link below). I honestly feel that the "Prime" sub-series ran its course; and for all its flaws, Other M brought some good/fresh elements to the table. Unlikely as it is, I think an all-new approach, mixing Other M, Prime, AND NintendoLand's Metroid Blast could be fantastic on Wii U. Otherwise, a high-end 2.5D Metroid game could work on Wii U (though I sort of expect that to show up for 3DS or some future handheld). In this article, Metroid Prime Producer Kensuke Tanabe states that he has no say about what Sakamoto does with 2D Metroid, and goes on to say he'd like the next Prime game to focus on Sylux and Samus: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/17/e3-2015-what-metroid-primes-producer-wants-in-the-next-sequel

...I did feel the announces "Metroid Prime Blast Ball and Federation Forces" game for 3DS was a rather unnecessary slap in the face. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with Zelda AND Metroid being turned into Mario in terms of spinoffs. And this raises the question: What is Retro Studios working on?!

I'm not going to lie, a full Metroid game missing Wii U would be a BIG blow to the console. I am happy to hear that Miyamoto said Zelda Wii U WILL be on Wii U still. That was probably the deciding factor in me getting the console: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/16/e3-2015-the-legend-of-zelda-still-coming-to-wii-u

Meanwhile, Star Fox Zero (Wii U) has been confirmed to have started out as a Wii prototype game...and I'm not sure this game doesn't need another year of polish to be released as a Wii U game.

The GOOD news (besides Zelda) is there is a fairly solid backlog of games for the Wii U I haven't played yet; moreover, Bloodstained and Yooka-Laylee (Banjo-Kazooie's spiritual successor) are on the way thanks to Kickstarter, and those two games have TONS of potential. (For that matter...I still have some hopes for Mighty No.9 later this year.)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 03:49:46 PM by RichterB »

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2139 on: June 17, 2015, 04:26:57 PM »
I hope Nintendo steps up with the NX and stops letting Microsoft and Sony out power their consoles so drastically.

I don't want gimmicks. Just a kick ass console with Nintendo IP's and a good standard controller. It should come with two controllers! No consoles do that anymore...

Ok. I want a new zapper too.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 04:29:03 PM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2140 on: June 17, 2015, 06:54:02 PM »
I feel like Nintendo is thinking way too short term on the Wii U, but I can see how perhaps they're looking at their pocketbooks all the way on it. Still, they're not looking at the intangibles like consumer loyalty of people feeling burned on it and not wanting to buy NX fearing it'll be the same. This can then end up harming their prospects for NX doing well. When PS3 flopped out of the gate, Sony didn't abandon it and put out their next console 4 years later, leaving people who did buy it out to dry. They kept working on it until it was actually a good console with a good library, despite its flaws.

I still find it hard to buy that NX is actually something that can exist alongside Wii U and 3DS rather than being a replacement for one or both while still being a piece of hardware. If it's some kind of cloud account system or something then yeah, but they've referred to it as hardware.

PS: In the Bloodstained E3 interview they said they're tentatively aiming for E3 2016 for having some kind of first playable build of the game for backers.

To me, that seems quite early given the release target is March 2017 but maybe they just want a lot of time to get in the backer feedback and change things. I guess it also kind of depends on how far along they think the beta build will be. Typically beta builds are very late in development but perhaps they're not really going by that type of beta, maybe it's more like a very early alpha and they're just saying beta because people outside the industry know what that means.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:16:15 PM by Charlotte-nyo:3 »

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2141 on: June 17, 2015, 11:55:42 PM »
Koji Igarashi GameSpot Interview E3 - Bloodstained  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmQYLZhzGGk

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2142 on: June 18, 2015, 02:02:33 PM »
+1
At this point, if they actually announced a new Castlevania game, would you even care? I think I would have a "too little, too late" kind of feeling. On the other hand, I do feel a bit of melancholy when I think how the series is probably dead now, with still a lot of untapped potential.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2143 on: June 18, 2015, 02:46:08 PM »
If it was a non-MoFy Metroidvania, sure I'd care. But I don't see that happening given IGA was the driving force keeping that style of CV being made.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2144 on: June 18, 2015, 02:48:23 PM »
Quote from: OSM

Sounds like the WiiU is really on it's way out and Nintendo wants to move on. Bloodstained might end up being one of the last games on the console.

dont feel too bad; there are some people that believe the PSVita is still going strong & healthy despite sony themselves all but admitting it's a dud

Tags: