Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania in 2015  (Read 91762 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« on: December 23, 2014, 07:43:44 PM »
It's been an awfully anxious and quiet year, the only thing we have to look forward to right now is IGA's project being released or shown sometime next year.

Konami has been dead quiet on the franchise future too, perhaps eventually they'll throw us a bone soon? Some kind of nugget of hope to hold onto? I'm just not used to seeing the Dungeon this dead. :(

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 08:30:20 PM »
Yeah, it's sort of like how Nintendo is handling the Metroid franchise right now. Hopefully we'll see something next year because seriously man, I'm thirsty for more Metroidvania. I suppose it just isn't a very popular genre? It's unfortunate.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 11:23:49 PM »
After the disaster of Other M and the not-so-popular LoS trilogy both companies are probably weighing their options on what to do next. When you think about it IGA kinda spoiled us by releasing CV after CV on almost a yearly basis, whereas before it was not so common. I don't mind waiting so long as it's for a product that does not disappoint. I would love to see CV handled with better care this time 'round as well as the next Metroid title. Hopefully both are spearheaded by those who were once gamers and fans, and know what we as gamers want.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 12:59:54 AM »
+1
I also hope we hear something but it is also understandable that Konami would lie low after the disaster that is LOS2.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 01:31:22 AM »
+1
The problem is I don't know what I'm supposed to look forward to here. What is Castlevania anyway? I used to be extremely excited for new games, but then came Judgment, Harmony of Despair, LoS, Mirror of Fate and finally LoS2.. They were all garbage, and not even consistent garbage. So, I have no idea what Castlevania is or what I should look forward to. I think the next Castlevania game is at least 2 years away, probably more. I'd be very surprised if Konami is working on anything right now. Or maybe we've seen the last game altogether? I would actually be ok with it.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 02:47:04 AM »
What, aren't you all excited for Japanese LoS3? 

It's been an awfully anxious and quiet year, the only thing we have to look forward to right now is IGA's project being released or shown sometime next year.

It's been cancelled. He's working on mobile games for another company now. I remember because there was a thread about it on NeoGaf. 

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 06:14:19 AM »
Koji Igarashi is a CEO of ArtPlay at present.

http://www.kgconf.com/eng/about/conference_view.html?idx=2034
http://www.artplay.co.jp/

ArtPlay is a company that makes the social game for mobile phone. Perhaps, he will work very busily to maintain the company in the future. His dream game is still far.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 06:19:40 AM by Koutei »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 06:49:01 AM »
+1
Not an official thing, but Vampire Variations: Volume III will be released on Halloween 2015.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 12:33:47 PM »
It's been cancelled. He's working on mobile games for another company now. I remember because there was a thread about it on NeoGaf.
Dang. :(

Oh well, I'm not too excited about the way MN9 is shaping up anymore so maybe it's for the best Castlevania's successor is put on indefinite hold too.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 12:41:26 PM »
+1
Castlevania is dead. Do you really think they are going to make another game after those 3 previous atrocities? They fucked up. Tried to cater to the "dude bro" audience, and alienated their fan base of 27 years.

There won't be a 1999 game. Dracula and his castle are gone forever, but Julius Belmont wasn't the hero, it was David Cox. Go thank his moblin looking ass.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 01:22:22 PM »
Soul Ares 2 - gameplay

At least there are crappy IOS rip-off games like this one (which Paavo clued me in, on).
Complete with MIDI Rip-off of what, I believe, are "Sinking Old Sanctuary" and "Picture of the Ghost Ship", with some phone-synth-MIDI instrument changes.

Rejoice in poor controls, blatantly stolen graphics (check out that SavePoint, does it remind you of anything?), and other shenanigans. :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 02:33:22 PM »
Oh wow! That's exactly what those two songs are. And they don't even bother to hide it either, lol.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 04:10:32 PM »
I think Konami could take a little bit of inspiration from these rip-offs by choosing a visual style obviously reminiscent of Castlevania yet distinct enough to feel fresh. I think an artstyle like from that iOS game would be pretty cool for one or two titles or so.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 04:12:49 PM by Nagumo »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2014, 06:30:43 PM »
Castlevania in 2015?

iPhones.

You know it, I know and Konami most likely knows it. Thankfully I've accepted that iPhone games, when done with care, can be pretty fun.

So if Castlevania's fate is sealed within Steve Jobs last greatest revenge against traditional gaming (aka iPhones) then so be it as long as it's fun in the end.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2014, 07:04:46 PM »

Konami has been dead quiet on the franchise future too, perhaps eventually they'll throw us a bone soon? Some kind of nugget of hope to hold onto? I'm just not used to seeing the Dungeon this dead. :(

As much as I love me some cv I want some Suikoden(and do not tell me about SII being on psn because I know  :) ) Contra, maybe Goemon for wii-u. Ahh.... The hopes of one dreaming.  Because metal gear I have very little interest in at the moment.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 07:08:15 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Tags:

anything