Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania in 2015  (Read 91753 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #240 on: March 19, 2015, 01:38:41 PM »
Wow, is there seriously anyone who hasn't left? Konami to be come fulltime sportclub company confirmed.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #241 on: March 19, 2015, 02:23:00 PM »
Konami may as well just put it's gaming division out of it's misery. It's very sad to see what they've become. :'(

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: March 19, 2015, 03:16:03 PM »
Castlevania, Silent Hill, MGS (after V), everything is dead.

I don't feel anything anymore.

And to think that LoS2 was the last game in the franchise... holy fucking shit... what a shit ending to a franchise.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: March 19, 2015, 03:29:50 PM »
Man, the Oath of Fëanor fucked everything up, huh?

Yeah, I just found out about Kojima's probable leaving earlier, that's a hell of a gut punch.  :(

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: March 19, 2015, 05:27:04 PM »
I don't feel this is unexpected. Konami is company like any other--with ups, downs, and eventually a collapse, merger or buy-out. But yeah, this will definitely effect the CV series and other series' on a whole. Unless Konami sell's off all their IPs to other better-off companies before they go under.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #245 on: March 19, 2015, 07:12:54 PM »
It is better that they do the sell-off rather than just let every IP they have fade into oblivion.
Perhaps IGA already saw this coming when he left.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: March 19, 2015, 09:45:29 PM »
Some serious shit must be going down over at Konami when even the producers of Tokimeki Memorial and Love Plus have jumped ship.

Im getting some serious modern Sega vibes from all this. :-\

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: March 20, 2015, 01:36:44 AM »
I think they're taking steps to get out of the "hardcore video game" business. They have other business ventures which are more succesful, so I think losing Kojima isn't a big deal to them. They barely put out anything on both handheld and console compared to 10 years earlier. I'm curious if their E3 presence is going to be as abysmal as last year. 

Offline pimp dracula

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #248 on: March 20, 2015, 03:02:18 AM »
Is there a willing bidder that will buy Konami IPs out there? Atlus not long ago was bought by Sega.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: March 20, 2015, 03:09:09 AM »
+1
Just sell it to From Software. Seriously, I can't think of anyone better.

Offline pimp dracula

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #250 on: March 20, 2015, 03:57:03 AM »
If it's a 3D castlevania, From is the best choice. But they are not really a big company that Sony have their life support. They rarely publish games on their own.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #251 on: March 20, 2015, 07:18:56 AM »
Castlevania being snatched up from Konami, I can't even think if the consequences of that would be good or bad.

Honestly just let it die, let a successor come in time. I don't have the faith or patience in the series getting another reboot or new director at this point.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: March 20, 2015, 08:12:57 AM »
People thought I was joking when I said Castlevania's next destination will be pachislots and iPhones.

They looked at me and said I was mad, crazy and insane. (And they were right!)

Now it's looking more likely than ever before.

The announcement will be like a train coming to hit us and we're all tied to it's tracks and there's no Superman to save us this time.

Only thing left to do is to close our eyes and let the train hit us.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: March 20, 2015, 09:35:37 AM »
They're already trying to hire new people to take over the Metal Gear series. Too bad they apperently don't care enough for Castlevania to do the same for that series (maybe).   

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #254 on: March 21, 2015, 11:40:07 AM »
The whole situation is scummy as shit, Konami has lost all respect from me.

Tags:

anything