Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania in 2015  (Read 92229 times)

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2015, 04:58:54 AM »
I wonder if Sir Patrick Stewart would even want to work on LoS again.

Why not?, it will take very little time for him to record some lines and is money after all and probably he will enjoy playing the character again.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2015, 09:09:47 AM »
I bet he had a ball recording his boss battle lines.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2015, 10:50:23 AM »
In my opinion that's all you need for a story, Castlevania's shouldn't be anymore complicated than that. I find that the moment you try to do something different with the character of Dracula, that's when whatever you're making becomes awkward and hard to take seriously.

^^^
This.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2015, 08:48:42 AM »
Does anyone think we'll even get a handheld CV this generation? The last game Konami released on the 3DS (at least in the west) was in 2013. Seems like such a waste if they wouldn't put out at least one with some nice spritework.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2015, 11:40:59 AM »
Does anyone think we'll even get a handheld CV this generation? The last game Konami released on the 3DS (at least in the west) was in 2013. Seems like such a waste if they wouldn't put out at least one with some nice spritework.

Well, an inhouse developed game sounds unlikely, which leaves us with the question: Who's gonna make it? Mercurysteam? Wayforward? Yacht club?

A trio of handheld Castlevanias were always a given but the 3DS is the first Nintendo device that may very well break the tradition, sadly. I'd say the Vita is out of the question here. Maybe if they make a download exclusive 2D sidescroller for the 3DS? But once again: Who the f**k is gonna make it happen?

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2015, 11:52:27 AM »
Well, an inhouse developed game sounds unlikely, which leaves us with the question: Who's gonna make it? Mercurysteam? Wayforward? Yacht club?

A trio of handheld Castlevanias were always a given but the 3DS is the first Nintendo device that may very well break the tradition, sadly. I'd say the Vita is out of the question here. Maybe if they make a download exclusive 2D sidescroller for the 3DS? But once again: Who the f**k is gonna make it happen?
Hell, Konami could turn a profit with a cheap HD remake of DXC, update some models, slap some new textures on it, and Put it on XBLA, PSN, and Steam for a good $15. The sales would show that people are still interested in Castlevania, by this point I would even buy another Harmony of Despair.

with the 'new' 3DS hitting the market, I'm a bit dissapointed that there isn't at least a new castlevania being teased by now

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Horrorfreak

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #156 on: February 06, 2015, 04:53:45 PM »
Just gotta be patient, but I am really craving a new old-school styled Castlevania.  The last one we got was in 2010.  It's been almost five years so it would be nice to see another one, except one that is longer and has more original music score.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: February 06, 2015, 04:55:30 PM »
+1
I'm curious to know what happens in Konami planning meetings these days. Especially when they talk about the future of their IPs. Here's what I think:

- So, what should we do next? Let's talk about Suikoden first!
- Uhmm... Screw dat, let's move on.
- Ok.... Sooo... What about Contra? It's been a while!
- Uuuh... That is sooo 80's. Forget it.
- Oh...ok... Well, I was thinking about Gradius the other day and...
- Next!
- Yeah... Of course... Well... Uhmm... Goemon?
- Don't make me laugh.
- Yeah, you're right... Moving on... Castlevania!
- No. Just no. We're not making any money on that old turd.
- Well, it's.... I mean.... You have a point.... So, Metal Gear Solid is...
- YES! OH GOD YES! Let's talk about Metsl Gear Solid!

I made myself depressed now.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2015, 02:13:39 AM »
^ You just don't do that to yourself. Promise yourself that.

Offline deadsanto123

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2015, 01:03:51 PM »
+1
At this point I would be happy for Harmony of despair on steam. Just something thats not lords of shadow that I could throw money at konami

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2015, 02:23:13 AM »
I'm curious to know what happens in Konami planning meetings these days. Especially when they talk about the future of their IPs. Here's what I think:

- So, what should we do next? Let's talk about Suikoden first!
- Uhmm... Screw dat, let's move on.
- Ok.... Sooo... What about Contra? It's been a while!
- Uuuh... That is sooo 80's. Forget it.
- Oh...ok... Well, I was thinking about Gradius the other day and...
- Next!
- Yeah... Of course... Well... Uhmm... Goemon?
- Don't make me laugh.
- Yeah, you're right... Moving on... Castlevania!
- No. Just no. We're not making any money on that old turd.
- Well, it's.... I mean.... You have a point.... So, Metal Gear Solid is...
- YES! OH GOD YES! Let's talk about Metsl Gear Solid!

I made myself depressed now.

You forgot Silent Hill

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #161 on: February 08, 2015, 01:37:17 PM »

You forgot Silent Hill

Which is only happening because of Hideo Kojima. He seems to be the only guy the company allows to do what he would like to do. I find that to be a bad thing, for it's the leashing that's essentially killed every other IP he hasn't had a hand behind.

I was hoping something would happen with IGA's Castlevania successor, but hasn't he migrated to mobile games? Isn't that what he wanted to get away from..?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2015, 06:49:44 PM »

I was hoping something would happen with IGA's Castlevania successor, but hasn't he migrated to mobile games? Isn't that what he wanted to get away from..?

He did at first. Then he probably realized that he has a family to feed and bills to pay and that mobile games are in right now. Im sure IGA will make his dream game once the mobile well has dried up, which probably will take a while.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #163 on: February 11, 2015, 02:32:22 PM »
I still think, as of recent, the closest we are going to get to something CV-like is Bloodborne. The newest environment trailer even hits the nail deeper into that belief:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo2tgWAvNlw

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2015, 03:05:29 AM »
I still think, as of recent, the closest we are going to get to something CV-like is Bloodborne. The newest environment trailer even hits the nail deeper into that belief:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo2tgWAvNlw

Looks fantastic. And they even snuck a clock tower in there! Have to believe that was an intentional nod.

Tags: