Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: GoS will release this year.  (Read 5526 times)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Succubus

• Head Priestess of the Monkey Cult
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: GoS will release this year.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 06:52:56 AM »
I wish they'd port it to a platform with controller support. From what I've seen of it, the level design looks really bland, but I'd still give it a shot. But with touch controls, ehhhhh.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 03:10:06 PM »
One question everyone was wondering after the reveal of Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls was if it would in fact make its way outside of Japan [...] As posted by Niko Partners analyst Daniel Ahmad on Twitter, that list includes Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls and it’s marked for a global release.

I don't understand why this is news and gaining so much traction now when Konami clarified this exact thing May of past year, down to including the same "Global" and "App Store/Google Play" information.

BTW this is not a dig against you AlexCalvo. I'm just genuinely curious why they made this news when the info has been the same for more than half a year now, including the big fat "TBD".

Still I'm happy the game wasn't canned. That's one thing I was wondering about due to the silence but apparently they're moving forward.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 03:22:19 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 09:44:50 PM »
Well now we know the game is still coming out.  Which many people were starting to doubt.  And I'm willing to bet we'll have a firmer release date whenever we get one for Bloodstained, as I fully expect them to release this very close if not same day.

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 10:35:09 PM »
I wish I could say this looks absolutely awesome!  :\

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 02:25:33 AM »
ios... meh....

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 03:31:45 PM »
This game is probably going to suck.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 03:49:31 PM »
That’s so good to hear.  I’ve actually been getting fond of pacman on the iphone, so maybe i’ll be able to get into it.  Still skeptical about how enjoyable it will ultimately be because of the touch screen, but am happy to get a new castlevania experience.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 12:58:50 PM »
+1
Is it me or does the game play look somehow SLOWER than CV1 on NES?
And the enemy graphics look terrible. Like someone poured buckets of house paint on everything until they were all amorphous blobs of color with nearly no definition to anything.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 10:39:30 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 02:50:22 PM »
The enemy designs do look pretty terrible.  But I don't think it seems that slow.  I am loving the look of the combat system.  I like that it's more than the bare bones stuff we're used to but not as overly complex as MoF.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 02:56:14 PM »

Is she playable?

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 02:59:03 AM »

Is she playable?

Her younger version. The SotN version was an item crash/summon thing.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 07:19:41 AM »
trash.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2019, 10:41:40 PM »
"Stuff and things."

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2019, 10:30:38 PM »
I wish they'd port it to a platform with controller support. From what I've seen of it, the level design looks really bland, but I'd still give it a shot. But with touch controls, ehhhhh.

How does touch controls even work with platformers? Is there some sort of graphic on screen representing the buttons?

Tags:

anything