Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1045638 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1845 on: June 10, 2015, 01:38:40 AM »
That Katana is looking pretty. It seems that all the whip clans stopped voting during the first week.
I wonder what IGA would look like as a boss. Will he look like Igacula? or something else? Maybe his upcoming Halloween cosplay might have something to do with the boss design. If this does happen, I called it first.

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #1846 on: June 10, 2015, 01:46:03 AM »
nah, we got that automatically for 50 backer achievements; the $5 mil goal hasn't been revealed yet (but it probably will be in the next 20 hours, before the 48-hour mark is hit)

I sure hope so, I was just about to rage if new game+ was the 5 mill goal. It just seems like a staple of IGAvanias. It doesn't seems like a proper IGAvania without bloody new game+

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1847 on: June 10, 2015, 04:21:56 AM »
If the 5 million goal is an upside down mode of the castle I may die.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1848 on: June 10, 2015, 04:28:08 AM »

That's actually a good guess at what it could be given it'd be a lot more content and that appeals to everyone. That would have huge implications design-wise though, so it'd be a problem from that perspective, unless it's sort of a side or bonus part of the game not involved with the storyline this time.

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #1849 on: June 10, 2015, 05:07:47 AM »

I'm quite sure you just hit the nail there.

People leaving comments on the KS page are quite optmistic about reaching the 5 millions mark, but I think getting 1 million in less than 3 days is almost impossible. Reaching the prequel mini-game is the realistic goal now, I guess. And a really sweet one, indeed.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1850 on: June 10, 2015, 05:47:23 AM »
Idk why people think it's impossible to hit 5 million. It's not at all.
Do the math:

If we make the same amount as yesterday it'll bring us close to 4.5 mill including PayPal with 48 hours left to get another 500,000. Final day of kickstarter you usually make more than that

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #1851 on: June 10, 2015, 06:36:56 AM »
I hope the Iga boss is some amalgamation of his Iga-Belmont appearances and Iga-cula. Like multiple forms and everything! It'd be funny if he took some tips from Kojima's playbook and added quirks to the fight like the Psycho Mantis fight in MGS.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1852 on: June 10, 2015, 06:42:17 AM »
Boo, swords win. And of all swords, a katana. Folded 1000 times much?

That said, with the rate this kickstarter is going, I don't think 5,000,000 is an impossible goal given the massive spikes games tend to have in the dying hours of the kickstarter.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1853 on: June 10, 2015, 06:44:30 AM »
I keep explaining that it's very possible we will hit 5 million because everyone doubts it here for some reason....

AND YET... I feel like no one acknowledges what i'm saying here because whenever I explain it, someone eventually posts saying once again that they don't see HOW it's possible.

It's happened at least three times now. Am I invisible?! :O

Our high projection on Kicktraq is 4.5 + million. That's NOT including our paypal and the final day surge potential. So keep that in mind. For instance, with Paypal we might hit 4.5 or very close by the end of the day. Which leaves us two days in essence to get 500,000. Which honestly wouldn't be hard.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 06:47:06 AM by CastleDan »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1854 on: June 10, 2015, 06:47:46 AM »
I keep explaining that it's very possible we will hit 5 million because everyone doubts it here for some reason....

AND YET... I feel like no one acknowledges what i'm saying here because whenever I explain it, someone eventually posts saying once again that they don't see HOW it's possible.

It's happened at least three times now. Am I invisible?! :O

Our high projection on Kicktraq is 4.5 + million. That's NOT including our paypal and the final day surge potential. So keep that in mind. For instance, with Paypal we might hit 4.5 or very close by the end of the day. Which leaves us two days in essence to get 500,000. Which honestly wouldn't be hard.

Brodude, I just said it was NOT an impossible goal.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1855 on: June 10, 2015, 06:54:31 AM »
Brodude, I just said it was NOT an impossible goal.

As I was typing my previous comment! SHOULD HAVE GOT IT IN WAY SOONER :P

If anything the closeness of achieving 5 million should help push the fan base in the final hours! Once they reveal what it is....then i'm sure it'll be enough to get it.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1856 on: June 10, 2015, 07:23:35 AM »
early gameplay vid for those that didn't see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-NF6SJxps

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1258115

"There will be swords and whips enough to go around in the final version of Bloodstained. And you'll need every one of them if you're going to unlock the Swordwhip "

Hurray!! So great whips will be plentiful also.
   whips are way cooler and unique for this genre.
So its great Miriam can wield both types of weapons, and as wield swordwhip along with that. 
Bloodstained ROTN is getting the coolest arsenal ever!!    ;D

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1857 on: June 10, 2015, 07:25:21 AM »
"There will be swords and whips enough to go around in the final version of Bloodstained. And you'll need every one of them if you're going to unlock the Swordwhip "

Hurray!! So great whips will be plentiful also.
   whips are way cooler and unique for this genre.
So its great Miriam can wield both types of weapons, and as wield swordwhip along with that. 
Bloodstained ROTN is getting the coolest arsenal ever!!    ;D

Well looks like I'm going to unlock the Swordwhip.

I wonder if it will be like Ivy from Soul Calibur's weapon, or if it'll be a sword on the end of a whip. I want it to be the latter.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 07:26:58 AM by e105beta »

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1858 on: June 10, 2015, 07:36:13 AM »
Maybe it will be a whip on the end of a sword...

Whoa... Pow *mind blown*
The worst monsters are human.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1859 on: June 10, 2015, 07:41:37 AM »
Maybe it will be a whip on the end of a sword...

Whoa... Pow *mind blown*

Now I'm just thinking of a sword with a whip duct-taped to the end of the blade.

Tags: