Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 「星空のレクイエム」  (Read 3456 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: March 16, 2013, 12:03:52 AM »
+1
If you guys don't mind, I'm gonna share a Japanese poem that I did way back in 2006.
I'll provide the translation if anyone requests it.
Note to people: Japanese is not my native language. It is the 5th language that I learned.

「星空のレクイエム」
by:Shiroi Koumori

星空の下で
昔のことを思い出しながら
一人で歩いている。

「私は白いバラが大好き」って
君の笑顔が
ずっと記憶に残っている。

もうちょっと早く知らせてくれば
よかったのに・・・
君が病気であることを。

今から何をするか
まだ分からないが
ただ一つのことを信じている。

もう一度君と会う
約束の日が
きっと来る。

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 12:40:18 AM »
If you guys don't mind, I'm gonna share a Japanese poem that I did way back in 2006.
I'll provide the translation if anyone requests it.
Note to people: Japanese is not my native language. It is the 5th language that I learned.

「星空のレクイエム」
by:Shiroi Koumori

星空の下で
昔のことを思い出しながら
一人で歩いている。

「私は白いバラが大好き」って
君の笑顔が
ずっと記憶に残っている。

もうちょっと早く知らせてくれば
よかったのに・・・
君が病気であることを。

今から何をするか
まだ分からないが
ただ一つのことを信じている。

もう一度君と会う
約束の日が
きっと来る。

I really really wish I knew japanese and wow 5 languages I only kind of know two three? Italian needs work spanish needs work and it's downhill from there
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 07:54:15 AM »
If thats is one of the poems that you posted in your personal japanese blog, I've read them. Its easy to discover since you host yours sig image in your persoanl webpage that contains a link to the blog, I discovered it a week ago. :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 11:04:22 PM »
Yup. But I no longer update that thing since IGA left. hahahah!
I was able to talk to him way back in 2005 regarding DoS.
Yup, very special memories.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I found something on my computer from my undergraduate days. (I have not published this)
It was a prequel writing exercise for "The Cask of Amontillado" by Edgar Allan Poe. (not a poem)
This is Poe's story: http://xroads.virginia.edu/~hyper/POE/cask.html

My prequel:

Fortunato and I were friends as far as I can remember. Fortunato, you see, is a very proud man who sometimes doesn’t mind stepping on other people’s toes. I treated him as a friend so I allowed these injuries to pass. As you well know, I am more of a gentleman than he is. But of course, a man’s tolerance has its limits.

A few years back before Fortunato died, he gave a party wherein all of the prominent families in Italy were invited. The invitation didn’t reach me until 2 days before the party whereas the rest of the elite had known about it 2 weeks before! He must have forgotten about me because of the intense party preparations. But anyway, as a friend and a gentleman, I still accepted his invitation. I spent these 2 days searching for a perfect gift for Fortunato—an exquisite and expensive Italian wine.

The day of the party came and Fortunato delightfully received all the gifts given to him, except mine to which he loudly commented that the gift I gave him isn’t the finest of its kind. What the nerve to ask more of me whom he had nearly forgotten, as if insulting my capabilities of choosing wines. Has he forgotten that I am also a connoisseur and that the wine he had in mind wasn’t yet matured at that time? Anyway, I took it as a joke and laughed. He too laughed and so did the rest. I left early explaining that I have several business matters to attend to next morning.

The next day, I learned that his insult was the talk of the town. I clenched my fists and bit my lip whenever I heard or recalled the event. I decided to seek vengeance, but only a few more years after the incident when the news of the insult had subsided. Until then, I would continue to smile to Fortunato as if nothing had happened.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:19:05 PM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 11:37:26 PM »
+1
Do you mind if I ask how you learned Japanese, Shiroi? I've always been VERY keenly interested in Japan/Japanese culture & as such, have always wanted to learn the language. Only living in a very small, very rural community in the American south with limited resources myself has really hindered that dream, but thankfully with today's technology things have gotten much easier (tofugu.com anyone?).
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 11:46:04 PM »
Do you mind if I ask how you learned Japanese, Shiroi? I've always been VERY keenly interested in Japan/Japanese culture & as such, have always wanted to learn the language. Only living in a very small, very rural community in the American south with limited resources myself has really hindered that dream, but thankfully with today's technology things have gotten much easier (tofugu.com anyone?).

My undergraduate degree was International Relations and Japanese Studies. I had some preparatory basic Japanese classes there.
Then I entered into a Student Exchange program to study intensive Japanese at a university in Japan. Crazy memorization and stuff, but was worth it.
So yeah, my route was a traditional one.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:51:22 PM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 02:27:47 AM »
From the little japanese I know and with the help of a diccionary I can tell this.
But I'm sure there are a lot of mistakes...

-------------------------

I'm thinking of past days
under the stars,
alone.

Loving the white
of your face
I now remember.

I wish I had more time
to really know
if you fell ill.

I don't know what I'll do
from now on.
But I know something.

I will meet with you
some day.
That is for sure.

------------------------

Please tell me the correct translation.
It's very nice because it has a nostalgic feeling to it.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 03:16:53 AM »
Phil, your translation is partially correct.

Here is my translation.

Beneath the starry sky
thinking of the old days
I'm walking alone.

"I love the white rose"
you said with a smile
it has been burnt in my memory.

It would have been better
if you had let me know it sooner...
that you were sick

What would I do now
I still do not know but