Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Confirmed: IGA not involved with Castlevania anymore. Europe helms the series.  (Read 48039 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Regarding Konami Europe taking over the series in the future, I don't think that quote suggests anything of the sort. So, the topic title is jumping to conclusions a bit.  :P

I was half expecting IGA was working on a killer game these last three years, but I guess he doesn't want to come back. I actually don't mind, as long as they stay away from the lame and generic Lords of Shadow aesthetics and terrible writing, to put it bluntly. Anyway, I definitely would like to see alternate takes on the series with different storylines and world views. 

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
To me the Japanese re-interpretation of classic (and cliche) western horror tropes is half the point, but that's me.

Exactly. Thank you.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well, i believe IGA must got tired of getting accused all the time for his Castlevania games, so i can't blame him for not wanted to come back. I don't have problem with Castlevania getting to a European terrain, as long as the team that is going to get the lead, doesn't follow the LoS route. I'm all open for new things, but for me the LoS direction, doesn't feel right for what a Castlevania game is.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Wow, the first headline I see in CV Dungeon is this.

Well, I couldn't blame IGA for being happy (if I presume) being relegated to a window/desk job while keeping his salary, he has to have a stable job without risks, since he has kids to raise.

I just don't know now if I should raise my hopes or lower it further....
Dracula originated in Europe so they should know best, right? Or would it be like a generic western horror movie?
I am certain that I would miss the Japanese interpretation of the series, especially the inclusion of asian elements and shinto stuff.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:22:37 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
*mourns Castlevania*

I will forever miss u...;_;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Mr. Shiro has posted some other interesting tidbits, and would appear to be a Konami employee in a Marketing/Promotion position, likely in America.

Most of what I know comes secondhand from my coworkers who have met with him at Japan HQ.

Jotamide: The DS Castlevanias (bombed). Which led to IGA being pushed to the side by Konami.

ToraShiro: Actually not the reason. The DS ones sold OK, it was Judgement and Harmony of Despair that pushed him aside. The budgeting and scheduling for those games did not help, though.

FYI he had 6 months to develop the game for Wii. Set up to fail.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:03:03 AM by The Silverlord »

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
Konami should just hire me as head CV writer guy.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I can understand Judgment bombing, but not Harmony of Despair. It was in the top 5 of best selling PSN games. IGA received an award for it. Or did the game still not generate enough sales despite that?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:15:24 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Probably didn't make enough money to satisfy Konami's bloodthirsty wallets. They probably expected it to do Lords of Shadow numbers.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:39:49 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Castlevania not under the creative direction of a Japanese studio is worrying. It really does seem like the series will become the next Silent Hill.

Absolutely terrible, at least we've got a lifetime's worth of amazing games to go back and replay over and over. Despite how promising LoS2 looks, I just have no reason to be optimistic about the franchise future right now.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Just give Castlevania to Kojima Productions instead...

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Konami should just hire me as head CV writer guy.

I support this.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
This thread title sound like a war headline. "Confirmed: the country is no longer sovereign. Europe helms the government".  ;D

I think we're exaggerating a bit here. Why should we be "mourning" IGA? He isn't dead, is he? If anything, it's good news -- we now know that IGA hasn't entirely disappeared; better yet, he's still working for Konami.
And as for his "not being involved in CV right now", well, what did you expect? Did you seriously believe that he was still somehow involved by the time Lords of Shadow came out? That game is entirely MS's brainchild; to me, at least, it seemed rather obvious that IGA had been absent from its development...
At the moment, nothing fully discounts the possibility of an eventual IGA return. Of course, it's far from likely, but it isn't any less probable now than it was before your interview was released. If the ball is ever knocked back to Japan's camp, a revival could certainly occur.

If there's anyone we will soon be mourning, it's Cox. He's promised to leave as soon as LoS2 is completed. I'm sure we all agree that he game something interesting to the series; and many of us truly appreciate his work (myself amongst them). So it'd only be a common courtesy to be there for his departure. We should all be present to see him out with a smile, wishing him luck on his next project -- and making sure he closes the door after him. After all, we wouldn't like to see him have any... second thoughts.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I just don't know now if I should raise my hopes or lower it further....
Dracula originated in Europe so they should know best, right? Or would it be like a generic western horror movie?
I am certain that I would miss the Japanese interpretation of the series, especially the inclusion of asian elements and shinto stuff.
I don't buy the "They are European, and Dracula originated in Europe, so they know best.". That's bullshit. I'm sure creative minds with great ideas should not be quarted via continental pride. If we want to get particular, maybe we should let an all Romanian studio make the game, or an all Irish studio(because of Stoker). I'm also pretty sure that makes me more credable, by default, to make a game about cowboys, even if there might be a scholar in South Korean particularly well versed in South-Western history of the United States, because I'm American, I know best. Inspiration and information are things that transcends cultures and nationlities. I don't think European game makers are the BEST qualified to make CV games by default. Anybody with the drive and knowledge can deliver something good.

For me, I don't care WHO makes the game as long as it gives me that essence of horror that I know and love about the series.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:26:34 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
*Reads "news"*

Guys, have you really stopped thinking so easily? He onlyu stated the obvious thing that everyone already knew. He said that actually Europe is in charge of CV games, everyone knows about that since LoS1, we also know that IGA isnt working in any CV game for now.

So in reality these "news" are only a statement about something that we already know, it says the actual situation, nothing about what will happen after LoS2.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: