Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: fucKonami  (Read 6885 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: December 16, 2015, 06:39:10 AM »
+1
Excellent.

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 06:59:15 AM »
Holy shit, Kojima looks like he's fresh out of a gulag or something.

...Oh wait.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 07:46:55 AM »
Good luck, Kojima-san!

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 07:49:12 AM »
Whoa? ;D

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
  • With his Whip and Courage
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 09:26:59 AM »
+1
FucKonami, damn right!
We know corporations are scum, but Jesus Konami, you're just plain asses. The game awards thing is what really got me mad. You know, keep an artist from getting an award for his great work because.... No fucking reason except you're asshurt. And people thought EA was bad

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 09:51:02 AM »
Yeah, there seems to be a trend going on recently with all these companies. EA, Capcom (granted they're getting somewhat better last time I heard), and now Konami. They're all putting money first before anything else and they don't realize how destructive it's going to be in the end. I don't want to see Konami's IPs being abused anymore. Someone, anyone, who's out there, buy off all their IPs so Konami can't screw around with them anymore!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 01:22:37 PM »
Yeah, there seems to be a trend going on recently with all these companies. EA, Capcom (granted they're getting somewhat better last time I heard), and now Konami. They're all putting money first before anything else and they don't realize how destructive it's going to be in the end. I don't want to see Konami's IPs being abused anymore. Someone, anyone, who's out there, buy off all their IPs so Konami can't screw around with them anymore!

Unfortunately it's because the market has been catered to the casual gamer and the hardcore gamer's still buy their favorite franchises no matter how subpar the games have progressively gotten for some franchises. They already have our money.  But it all comes down to the fact that we pay  $70.00 or more plus for new titles and even more for endless DLC. The business practices I can forgive, but sacrificing good game design for the safe route and instant cash..smh
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 01:24:21 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
  • With his Whip and Courage
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 01:34:55 PM »
Unfortunately it's because the market has been catered to the casual gamer and the hardcore gamer's still buy their favorite franchises no matter how subpar the games have progressively gotten for some franchises. They already have our money.  But it all comes down to the fact that we pay  $70.00 or more plus for new titles and even more for endless DLC. The business practices I can forgive, but sacrificing good game design for the safe route and instant cash..smh

Precisely. Japan is adopting mobile gaming pretty massively from what I've heard, so it makes sense in a way, but at the same time Japanese publishers don't understand the western gaming scene but do things that they think work for us. For example Capacom assuming Megaman isn't wanted because "Western gamers are HARDCORE and love the gritty!!!!!", ignoring the fact that there are adults who still love megaman and its still catering to kids with its lighter tone, so its actually better to keep megamam around.

Konami and CV, they assume nobody in the west will play a masterfully crafted 2d game, so put out a game that follows the 3d action game trends. Now, completely abandoning console gaming because I guess the production is too much and not enough profit is made.

Sega puts out garbage all the time and expects their fanbase to eat it up in the case of sonic, or they'll put out a " dark and grrrrrittty, man!" type game and expect sales.

Then publishers like Sunsoft are hanging in there somehow, holding the Valis IP (???? me want new Valis) and stuff like Blaster Master, Chameleon Twist I can see a decent new game out of. They dont do anything now.

Then western devs. Like all corporations, they rip off the consumer in many ways. They put out copy cats of what popular. Everyone complained about the FPS craze last gen, but now the trend is open world games and there are so godamned many open world games it makes my head spin!

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 02:39:59 PM »
A lot of M$ fans were complaining over Twitter that Sony landed Kojima. Perhaps now, without the restraints of Konami keeping him mainly to one franchise, he can branch out, maybe make the next Snatcher or Policenauts. Time for Kojima to do some fresh IP's, and not just 1 over and over again.

Sony's gain, Konami's loss.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 03:02:36 PM »
I'm not really surprised Kojima went to Sony, considering his longstanding relationship with them. I wonder how far along everything is detail wise.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 03:18:08 PM »
SONY ALWAYS WINS, BABY

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 03:36:39 PM »
SONY ALWAYS WINS, BABY

Without thinking too deeply, it seems Sony's gaming history revolves around "fuck-overs". Sony was fucked by Nintendo and now they bring Kojima on board who got fucked by Konami. The more you know...

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 04:15:45 PM »
Far as I know, Kojima Productions is now an independent studio and the Sony announcement is a collaboration on a PlayStation-exclusive IP. That doesn't mean Kojima won't eventually make games for other consoles or that KP is owned by Sony.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 05:29:34 PM »
FucKonami, damn right!
We know corporations are scum, but Jesus Konami, you're just plain asses. The game awards thing is what really got me mad. You know, keep an artist from getting an award for his great work because.... No fucking reason except you're asshurt. And people thought EA was bad

My sentiments exactly.

Corporations are shameless whores to the industry, which is one giant brothel.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2015, 12:36:26 AM »
Good. It's about time!

Tags: