Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Assassin's Creed Unity  (Read 6010 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: June 11, 2014, 02:15:45 AM »
That trailer. 0_0 so pretty....

Assassin's Creed Unity E3 2014 World Premiere Cinematic Trailer [SCAN]

Since I don't own a ps4/xbone, I'll just wait for the novelization (hoping that this novel would bring it back to the excitement of the ezio novels. the novelizations of ac3 and ac4 were disappointing).

This is the French revolution Ubisoft, don't disappoint your country.

Offline GummiCandyful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Lurker
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 07:57:09 PM »
The trailer was indeed amazing, but my only gripes are the fact that they used a Lorde song (I really can't stand her and her "music"), and how similar all four assassins look. Given how Ubisoft has graced us with assassins with varying appearances and personalities, I mean, would have it really hurt to add a female character in there (two preferably).

The Triforce of Fuckery

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 02:10:45 AM »
The trailer was indeed amazing, but my only gripes are the fact that they used a Lorde song (I really can't stand her and her "music"), and how similar all four assassins look. Given how Ubisoft has graced us with assassins with varying appearances and personalities, I mean, would have it really hurt to add a female character in there (two preferably).

Ubisoft's answer on the lack of female characters.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-ubisoft-clarifies-assassin-s-creed-unity-s-lack-of-playable-female-leads/1100-6420397/
Assassin's Creed Unity is focused on the story of the lead character, Arno. Whether playing by yourself or with the co-op Shared Experiences, you the gamer will always be playing as Arno, complete with his broad range of gear and skill sets that will make you feel unique.

hehehehe. Arno x4~
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 02:32:01 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline GummiCandyful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Lurker
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 06:57:44 AM »
I've also read other responses by the company claiming that it was more difficult and time consuming to design and animate female characters, to which other animators on Twitter called bullocks on. Then there's the fact they considered a female lead, only to ditch her in favor of Arno, basically something along the lines of Ubisoft being more difficult to be an entertainment company than a gaming one, which again is nonsense due to females making up around 62% of gamers. Anyway, I suppose I'll see how this one is in October.

The Triforce of Fuckery

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 07:36:02 AM »
Its not that it's harder to, its that it takes time and resources to. Slapping animation data of a male model onto a female model will look really weird. They have to do an entire motion cap set for a whole other playable character. Not to mention the model(s), sounds, etc. It doesnt sound like a lot, but it is.

The other thing to consider is, say they did do that. All the male characters likely share the same sound set. That's x amount of ram for sounds. You'll have to at least double that allocation if a female set is also implemented. Double the animation data too. Since it's going to be multiplayer, they may be already pushing the limits of what they have going already. It could be very possible that adding a second set of data would end up being too much.

All guesswork of course. It's just possible under some circumstances where thats actually true, and they cant implement it.

Though honestly, the fact that theyre all suppose to be Arno makes complete sense as is.

Offline GummiCandyful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Lurker
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 10:36:38 AM »
Well, Johnathan Cooper, the animation director of AC III said that Aveline shares more animations with Connor than Edward so I'm skeptical of the whole mocap thing. And are there really 4 Arno's? I dunno, it just seems strange that Ubisoft would do that, too.

The Triforce of Fuckery

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 02:34:20 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking it might have been too expensive to find a new female voice actor. You'd be surprised at the prices a good VA can command, even if just for a few grunts, taunts, or shouts. Maybe Ubisoft could afford it, but they may already be running low on ca$hmoneys as it is.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 10:12:17 PM »
That few grunts and shouts, take a toll on the voice. I've been listening to some VA talks on recording these things and it is painful for the vocal chords. Imagine doing different grunts, etc. in succession for 4 hours straight.

Well, I could imagine Ubisoft is running low on funds since they used up 10 studios for this game.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 04:52:35 AM »
Well, Johnathan Cooper, the animation director of AC III said that Aveline shares more animations with Connor than Edward so I'm skeptical of the whole mocap thing. And are there really 4 Arno's? I dunno, it just seems strange that Ubisoft would do that, too.

Is that true for the HD release? That's the one I played with her in it. She has a lot of obviously female animations that I've noticed. I can see where on the Vita's smaller screen it wouldnt matter as much.

I haven't played 3 yet though. I don't have much comparison to Connor.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 04:08:24 AM »
New info on Arno's character, aside from the intro video Ubisoft gave on their AC website.
At Making Assassin's Creed Unity: Part 2 - Next Generation Technology14:36, "Because of a tragic in his life, Arno is essentially raised by a Templar Grandmaster."
Okay...this sounds like something from AC3.
So, what's the difference?
Arno joins the Assassins and not the Templars.
Yeah right Ubi.
First you say that Arno was an aristocrat (like Ezio)
Then now he was raised by the Templars (like Haytham)
hehehe... what else will you rehash aside from returning to the city-scape?

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 01:33:45 AM »
Time for a history lesson, people.

This is how the French revolution happened:
1) Assassin climb up fort
2) Assassin open gate
3) Assassin jump in fort
4) Assassin kill everyone
5) French people happy

And they had the nerve to add in "Unite" at the end. All these people actually did in the trailer was get shot and swarm a poor officer while the Assassins slaughter their way through the fortress.

I know that that franchise has taken (more than) a few historical liberties in the past, but that still doesn't give it license to massively rewrite one of the most defining periods in French history, simply to accommodate for a bunch of acrobatic superheroes with hoods. If that was supposed to be the storming of the Bastille, I think I'll murder someone at Ubisoft.

Even those guard uniforms, bar a few bizarre twists, look like they're from the National Guard -- a revolutionary militia created by the very same people who took the Bastille. And the fur bonnets some of the guards seem to be wearing didn't exist until Napoleon.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:56:05 AM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 02:55:39 AM »
Nice summary of history according to Asscreed.  :P I think it was just the Parisians, though. hehehe.

I do think that was the storming of the Bastille cause the building looks like it.

Well, their motto is "history is our playground", yeah, they might have played with it too much. Then again, not a lot of people know history, so Ubi can get away with it.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 07:35:07 AM »
It's not on Wii-U?  Will not buy.
Maybe when the PC version comes out, I'll try it on there.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 01:50:24 PM »
Who would even want it on WiiU? Go PC or PS4.

I can see why they aren't making it for WiiU, because they don't feel like stripping it down to last gen game standards.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 02:34:39 AM »
Buyer beware if you are getting it on PC. It is bound to be buggy. As with all ubi pc games...

Tags:

anything