Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Do you like IGA?  (Read 42198 times)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 03:52:50 PM »
IGA's fine. He just needs more moneys.  :(

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Do you like IGA?
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 04:17:59 PM »
In Reply To #14
He has stated many times that he is not allowed to make a 2-D game for consoles.  Konami will not let him.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 04:24:28 PM »
In Reply To #11
Symphony of the night had a generic lackluster storyline...  Sure Alucard was cool, but the story is nothing special at all.
AoS, DoS, LoI, CoD, even HoD had much MUCH more depth stories than SoTN did.  Even PoR had much better ideas, just not as well executed.

Wtf are you talking about?! SotN started the game out with the ending of RoB, made a Belmont be the enemy!, had characters from previous games return, and had Dracula fight his own son!

Wtf did the other games that you mentioned bring to the table? AoS story had Dracula be reincarnated into a Japanese teenager :o :'(. DoS had no reason to be made in the first place. It didn't advance the story...at all. LoI was such a lackluster origin to the series. CoD storyline was also a joke. What was the whole point of having it be a direct sequel to Dracula's Curse? We didn't get to play as Trevor, but instead a redundant, cliche' character who had no reason to exist at all, Hector was basically a Belmont with a different name. And why would Dracula and Death need Devil Forge Masters in the first place? Where were Sypha, Alucard, and Grant? Why have Trevor get stabbed...and then not even mention what happened to him at the end? And wtf was up with St. Germain? What was his point? Why was he there in the first place? If he could time travel why didn't he just prevent everything in the first place? HoD is almost an exact copy of CoM. And PoR story line is also a joke. Why wasn't the story of why the Belmonts could no longer wield the Vampire Killer told? It would have given the game a reason to be made in the first place.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 05:16:53 PM »
In Reply To #18
Notice how you were able to flesh out the entire symphony plot in one sentence...

SoTN did NOT have a story that was anything special.  Neither have any Cv games (accept for maybe LoI and CoD).  It was a simplistic, generic, emo-goth, archetype.  The good son must fight his evil father, the once hero appears to be evil, only to be controlled by someone else...  Let us not forget the twirly haired pretty girl who does nothing of value...  It has nothing to offer, these were stories wrote in comic books in the 70's...

Now while most of the games I listed don't have great stories, they were far far FAR more creative and interesting than the one in SoTN.  How can you have a good story with such few dialogue, and only one character with any real character developement?

CoD, so what if Trevor wasn;t the main focus, there can't be stories that aren't just Drac vs. Belmont?  Alucard not there?  You obviously don't care about continuity at all because Cv3 states he went into an eternal slumber afterwards (before he was awoken in SoTN).  Grant was rebuilding Wallachia, he was not a warrior, just a man who fought for his land.  Sypha was more than likely raising a child.  Hector is not at all like a Belmont, and Dracula had the devil forge masters for two reason.  One to help him raise monsers for an army, and two because they serve as a vessal in case he was ever killed and needed to be ressurected (note how you forgot this game was his FIRST ressurection).

LoI was in no way "lame" as you put it.  It was a deep emotional story with some big twists, un-like soTN where the only twist was the obvious, ZOMG he is controlled!  Anyone who didn;t see that coming is just silly.

Aos + DoS were a great story about what would happen after Dracula was destroyed.  Of course someone would step up, and in a series that has heavy ties to reincarnation from the very beginning (Dracula, the novel) it is logical to question, what happens to his soul?

PoR does not tell you why the Belmont's could not use the whip because it is a mystery OBVIOUSLY to be answered in a future title.  You must have been pissed after the first LoTR movie, cause things weren't answered!

HoD is so so, but still better in storyline that SoTN, it had twists that were not entirely predictable, which is a HUGE change in this series.  Not to mention finally making Death more than just "Haha, i am evil!"  which is continued in LoI, CoD, and PoR.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 05:25:25 PM by Alexc2808 »
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 05:31:03 PM »
You obviously don't care about continuity at all because Cv3 states he went into an eternal slumber afterwards (before he was awoken in SoTN).

Actually SotN said that, I don't recall that being said at all in his CV3 ending (unless there was something in the Japanese version that I don't know about).  In CV3 it just says he felt bad for having to help kill his real father...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2008, 06:05:44 PM »
Quote from: Thomas Belmont
And wtf was up with St. Germain? What was his point? Why was he there in the first place? If he could time travel why didn't he just prevent everything in the first place?
He himself explains that he can only observe what's going on, not interfere.

And why would Dracula and Death need Devil Forge Masters in the first place?
Because every evil being needs minions, generals, etc.

Why wasn't the story of why the Belmonts could no longer wield the Vampire Killer told? It would have given the game a reason to be made in the first place.
Maybe this'll be revealed in the upcoming OoE?

Quote from: Alexc2808
LoI was in no way "lame" as you put it.  It was a deep emotional story
LoL.. whatever.

HoD is so so, but still better in storyline that SoTN, it had twists that were not entirely predictable, which is a HUGE change in this series.
What are these twists you speak of? The "best friend turning into the enemy" twist that we've seen before? The alternate castle "twist"? plz elaborate.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2008, 06:12:04 PM »
WHAT A TWEEST!

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2008, 06:28:44 PM »
In Reply To #21
Your "LoL... whatever" argument, as enthralling as is was seemed somehow lacking...

And as I said, HoD did have SOME twist.  It was not great at all.  But I for one felt that one of the castles being a representation of Maxim's soul was pretty nice.  More creative than anything in SoTN.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2008, 06:29:22 PM »
In Reply To #19

I can not stop laughing at your post. It's so pathetic.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2008, 06:36:23 PM »
In Reply To #24
Man, I thought I had a point until you showed me how silly I was with your witty rebuttal.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 06:41:50 PM »
He himself explains that he can only observe what's going on, not interfere.
Because every evil being needs minions, generals, etc.
Maybe this'll be revealed in the upcoming OoE?
LoL.. whatever.
What are these twists you speak of? The "best friend turning into the enemy" twist that we've seen before? The alternate castle "twist"? plz elaborate.

If St. Germain is only there to observe and not interfere then why is he chasing Death through out the game? Why does he fight Hector?

Dracula and Death have thosands of minions to begin with. Having Dracula need Devil Forge Masters is just silly and degrades his powerful status. As for generals, is Death not intimidating enough? Besides, now that Hector left and Isaac was killed who the fuck creates the monsters and demons now? 

There is no reason to make such a drastic change and not give the reason why it happened. Especially, when the whole game centers around the result of what happened. It's just weak story telling. And giving us a reason years later is just plain lame.

In Reply To #24
Man, I thought I had a point until you showed me how silly I was with your witty rebuttal.

The only point you made was that you enjoy shitty story telling.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 06:44:28 PM by Thomas Belmont »

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2008, 06:55:01 PM »
Umm... this is a topic about IGA. Since IGA made all the games you are currently flaming over, there's really no point to this unless you tie it back to him.

For instance, instead of saying HOD's presentation sucks balls, I would claim that being it the first time that IGA had a go with the handhelds, I could forgive some corners cut, like the ugly palette (seemingly forced to prevent any possibility of COTM's darkness problems), and the crappy sounding soundtrack.

But the story was lame, the characters were even more lame, and entirely uninteresting and their sprites are quite possibly the worst thing I've seen come outta a professional studio. There was no excuse for the entire lack of artistic skill apparent in those sprites. I hope anyone involved in the making of said sprites were either fired or sent to a development camp. Those sprites shoulda been fixed before realease.

IGA was in charge of this project, and it's easily his worse in his CV career... but even then... it can still be fun. I just think he was getting used to the whole working-on-handhelds thing. But I see no excuse for the storytelling.

Also, again I ask, how the hell is it that Maxim is so powerful. He' sjust a friend of a Belmont, but given his skill set, he could take on any of them easily.

Lydie was entirely useless, and I didn't feel an ounce of emotion for her.

I might throw in there also that this is the weakest set of characters Ayami Kojima's come up with too, although the box art of Juste is cool enough.

I'd like it retconned. It's a waste of space on the timeline. And Juste doesn't deserve the Belmont name. No IGA's not going to do it, but I

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2008, 07:14:00 PM »
In Reply To #26
I don't see what you're so angry over. Germaine fought Hector because they were caught in some sort of time displacement field. The cutscene makes it clear.

Since Dracula has thousands of minions, I'm sure 2 more wouldn't hurt.

Who the fuck creates the monsters and demons now that Isaac & Hector are gone? Evil worshippers create them.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2008, 08:56:29 PM »
In Reply To #11
Symphony of the night had a generic lackluster storyline...
_______________________________________ ______________

Ciel

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2008, 11:25:38 PM »

IGA is a hero, man. The last living game developer with a genuine love and dedication for 2D. I love the guy.

Tags: