Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1046225 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #2760 on: October 05, 2016, 11:25:35 PM »
Well, they better reach out to those WiiU backers really soon then, and offer them a new deal of some sort. Possibly the same for the Vita backers if it comes to that. I backed the PS4 version without even owning a PS4 yet, so I don't think it's a huge deal really. Plan ahead, backers! (Although the initial 2017 release date would've mase a little bit sense even for WiiU and Vita. But hardcore WiiU gamers that would potentially get angry now can't fool me; They will have bought the NX by 2018 anyway.)

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2761 on: October 06, 2016, 12:50:20 AM »
Yehaa good new update I like really how the game looks now really stylish.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2762 on: October 06, 2016, 02:19:58 AM »
This is one interesting development. As long as IGA's vision is followed, I won't be complaining.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2763 on: October 06, 2016, 05:09:36 AM »
They Published Armored Core, Rocket League, and Guilty Gear.
I don't think they are the Meddling type.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Zargon

• Hunter in Training
  • Its up to you!
    • Awards
« Reply #2764 on: October 06, 2016, 12:48:09 PM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/05/why-bloodstained-was-delayed-to-2018

So it seems like Inti creates lack of know-how with procedural content was a big part of the delay. I do hope the team they're bringing on doesn't just handle things in a bland manner, but considering Iga did this to MAINTAIN the high quality, I think that's probably a fruitless worry.

Also, more nice looking screenshots in that article! At the very least I hadn't seen those before, so I'm pretty sure they're new.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2765 on: October 07, 2016, 02:16:37 PM »
Will anyone truly gripe if They decide to drop the Wii-U version?
Unreal doesn't play well with Wii-U, but... it was on the kickstarter...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2766 on: October 07, 2016, 02:21:58 PM »
I don't think I'd complain, but since it's what I own it was the version I chose and I'd like to know what they're gonna do.  I would think (I would hope) they'll do good by anyone that did choose the WiiU version though, and I'm planning on getting the NX at some point ASAP.

Where's that update about the WiiU coming from?  I thought I'd been keeping up with updates, but somehow I missed that one. :-S

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2767 on: October 07, 2016, 06:46:15 PM »
if they want to keep morale high, they'll do Wii U version instead of moving it to NX version.  just because NX is coming doesn't automatically make Wii U irrelevant to its owners.   look how old 3DS is and still supported, and Wii U has better hardware than that. 

they said Wii U, so they should stick with the platforms they kickstarted the game for and got the stretch goals for. 

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #2768 on: October 07, 2016, 09:21:59 PM »
Please tell me that the Vita version hasn't been cancelled. I was planning on playing Bloodstained during my work breaks.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2769 on: October 07, 2016, 11:16:22 PM »
Please tell me that the Vita version hasn't been cancelled. I was planning on playing Bloodstained during my work breaks.

I hope it wasn't, either. There's no word on it and it seems Armature is still going ahead with it, but it's 2016 and the Vita is dying out pretty quickly in the west. I'm worried that by 2018 there won't be much of an audience and they wind up cancelling that port.

if they want to keep morale high, they'll do Wii U version instead of moving it to NX version.  just because NX is coming doesn't automatically make Wii U irrelevant to its owners.   look how old 3DS is and still supported, and Wii U has better hardware than that. 

they said Wii U, so they should stick with the platforms they kickstarted the game for and got the stretch goals for. 

And that's likely what they'll do: stick with a Wii U version rather than moving it over to NX.

But it has less to do with how old the console is and more the support for it. 3DS is old, but Nintendo and third-party companies are supporting the hell out of it. Wii U on the other hand? It didn't have very good third-party support to begin with and Nintendo seems to be all but ditching the system as well, porting over a lot of the major titles to 3DS. Paper Mario: Color Splash is the only major title I can think of for this back half of 2016 to come out for the Wii U (counting only console-exclusive games).

The only other exclusives coming out for it is Super Destronaut 2 -- whatever that is -- later this month. If the market for the Wii U dies out when we start nearing 2018 (which it likely will do once the NX is officially unveiled), they might cancel the Wii U version at the very worst. It might still come out, though, since PSP died back in 2011 in the west but still received support from niche third-party developers up until the end of 2015.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 11:24:07 PM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2770 on: October 08, 2016, 04:08:12 PM »
I don't know about the Wii U. Nintendo are doing the smartest thing they've done in a while, releasing a new console with a new Zelda. In my eyes this alone is going to boost sales and probably almost rival the lifetime sales of the Wii U. I'd be putting my money on the NX for Bloodstained.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2771 on: October 08, 2016, 08:29:48 PM »
I don't know about the Wii U. Nintendo are doing the smartest thing they've done in a while, releasing a new console with a new Zelda. In my eyes this alone is going to boost sales and probably almost rival the lifetime sales of the Wii U. I'd be putting my money on the NX for Bloodstained.

In all actuality, I think it'd be better if they did an NX port instead a of Wii U port anyway. That way Armature can focus purely on the Vita port and not two different versions, and the NX is (supposedly) comparable to the Xbone and PS4, which means Nintendo players would be able to get an experience similar to other platforms rather than an obviously downgraded experience.

As far as Zelda, Nintendo really dropped the ball on that front with the Wii U. The lack of a major Zelda title for the Wii U until the end of its lifespan was a really bad move, especially when said Zelda title is also going to be on NX. (Still buying it for Wii U since I need to get something to play on it, plus we know jack about the NX currently).
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2772 on: October 08, 2016, 11:34:27 PM »

Since there are Japanese fans who loves their vitas, the vita won't be cancelled as of now. Amazingly that handheld console is still going strong in Japan with new colors just announced recently.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2773 on: October 09, 2016, 03:14:49 AM »
In all actuality, I think it'd be better if they did an NX port instead a of Wii U port anyway. That way Armature can focus purely on the Vita port and not two different versions, and the NX is (supposedly) comparable to the Xbone and PS4, which means Nintendo players would be able to get an experience similar to other platforms rather than an obviously downgraded experience.

As far as Zelda, Nintendo really dropped the ball on that front with the Wii U. The lack of a major Zelda title for the Wii U until the end of its lifespan was a really bad move, especially when said Zelda title is also going to be on NX. (Still buying it for Wii U since I need to get something to play on it, plus we know jack about the NX currently).

That's great for Vita users.

Agreed. Many don't consider 3D world a major Mario release either (although I personally believe that 3D world and 3D Land are on par with or better than Mario 3) and we're still hankering for a Galaxy style game to release. My original point about Zelda is that the Wii U was doing poorly but when WWHD was released as well as being bundled with the console this boosted Wii U sales dramatically at the time. If an old Zelda game remastered and reworked can do this, then given what we've been shown of the new Zelda, it guaranteed to be a hit and a console mover.

If the NX is also part portable then having bloodstained on a high quality portable device would be nothing to sneeze at.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2774 on: October 19, 2016, 09:30:14 AM »
they probably gonna do horizontal and vertical rooms, but what if there's secret background rooms, like where pressing up can enter a doorway in the background to access extra room(s).

Tags:

anything