Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586932 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1545 on: January 09, 2018, 09:27:26 PM »
Aside from Sonic Mania, I've been hammering FFXV this break. I'm nearly done with the hunts in general and have reached L7 Hunter rank.

At L63, one shotted Adamantoise (on the first try) which took less than 5 minutes, probably been one of my better recent achievements.

I plan to do the hunts, not level up, finish the game (I'm right near the end) and then level up and complete Final Training. Such a good game, I've been on hiatus from for so long.

Did you do the ring magic to one shot that turtle?  ;)
I missed playing that game since I'm so busy. sigh. Although I'm just farming MV2s (the most OP accessory found in chapter 15) now in the main game. And I still haven't started comrades dlc. I'm just bummed that they are only releasing Nyx's face with PS+ subscribers in Asia/Japan. Boo.

Final Training is awesome! Oh and don't forget to visit the hidden dungeon on chapter 15. :)
The Assassin's Festival ends this month, if you haven't played it yet.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1546 on: January 10, 2018, 01:53:40 AM »
Did you do the ring magic to one shot that turtle?  ;)
I missed playing that game since I'm so busy. sigh. Although I'm just farming MV2s (the most OP accessory found in chapter 15) now in the main game. And I still haven't started comrades dlc. I'm just bummed that they are only releasing Nyx's face with PS+ subscribers in Asia/Japan. Boo.

Final Training is awesome! Oh and don't forget to visit the hidden dungeon on chapter 15. :)
The Assassin's Festival ends this month, if you haven't played it yet.

Assassin's festival ends?? Can't you just download it and play it later on? I have zero time :/
I've considered purchasing Gladio, Ignis, and Prompto's chapters, but I don't have any time now that I'm back at work.. Shit is crazy right now.

Edit: Re Adamantoise, yes I did :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:56:00 AM by zangetsu468 »
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1547 on: January 11, 2018, 02:25:47 AM »
Assassin's festival ends?? Can't you just download it and play it later on? I have zero time :/
I've considered purchasing Gladio, Ignis, and Prompto's chapters, but I don't have any time now that I'm back at work.. Shit is crazy right now.

Edit: Re Adamantoise, yes I did :)

Ends at Jan 31. I think. You may still play it pass the deadline provided that you have not done any updates to the game, or you are not connected online, maybe?
Just get the season pass, the comrades dlc (you don't need ps+ unless you want to play with others, it allows an offline mode) also has story elements that would fit for chapter 14. They have stuff that can be used in the main game, plus the season pass unlocks the OP ragnanok blade and other things. Episode Ignis is the best of the three bro episodes, in my opinion.

Try fighting the Adamantoise without the ring, as what I did way back before they tweaked the ring. LOL

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1548 on: January 11, 2018, 03:28:08 AM »
Ends at Jan 31. I think. You may still play it pass the deadline provided that you have not done any updates to the game, or you are not connected online, maybe?
Just get the season pass, the comrades dlc (you don't need ps+ unless you want to play with others, it allows an offline mode) also has story elements that would fit for chapter 14. They have stuff that can be used in the main game, plus the season pass unlocks the OP ragnanok blade and other things. Episode Ignis is the best of the three bro episodes, in my opinion.

Try fighting the Adamantoise without the ring, as what I did way back before they tweaked the ring. LOL

I don't understand the update/ availability thing, I never updated the game for ages, but when I went back to it, I thought the update downloaded automatically or was mandatory, so I'm not really certain which 'version' I was playing during Chapter 13. I've noticed now in Ch14 I can join multiple hunts (not quests) which wasn't possible upon XV's release.

So if I get the season pass I get a version of similar story elements? Because it's actually cheaper on the PSN to buy the 3 bro chapters separately.

I actually did try to fight Adamantoise a year or more ago at around L40, it was a timed quest and I never would have done it in under 20 minutes at that level. Maybe it was the last update or ch14, but it's no longer timed. When I finally level up after finishing the game I'm going to fight it without the ring.

Ah, well no idea they tweaked the ring, I'm guessing it was the update

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1549 on: January 11, 2018, 11:21:05 PM »
Lost Valley 2003 finished thanks for Jop sharing the guide! The puzzles are unforgiving and a lot of punishment after reaching the northmost of valleys... The game could be a lot better if used a more polished engine (keeps crashing a lot on my Win7 laptop)!!
NOTE: The control of ability value is just the worst of all time. That didn't make sense at all as I would thought if mig totally lost his mind in the Lost Valley.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:49:09 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1550 on: January 12, 2018, 05:23:54 AM »
I don't understand the update/ availability thing, I never updated the game for ages, but when I went back to it, I thought the update downloaded automatically or was mandatory, so I'm not really certain which 'version' I was playing during Chapter 13. I've noticed now in Ch14 I can join multiple hunts (not quests) which wasn't possible upon XV's release.

So if I get the season pass I get a version of similar story elements? Because it's actually cheaper on the PSN to buy the 3 bro chapters separately.

I actually did try to fight Adamantoise a year or more ago at around L40, it was a timed quest and I never would have done it in under 20 minutes at that level. Maybe it was the last update or ch14, but it's no longer timed. When I finally level up after finishing the game I'm going to fight it without the ring.

Ah, well no idea they tweaked the ring, I'm guessing it was the update

The update downloads automatically as long as the PS4 is connected to the internet. Based on what you wrote, you have the most recent update installed. Better get on playing the AC festival. There's new dialogue there.

The season pass just gives extra costumes (mariachi noctis! LOL), weapon/accessories. If you are just after the 3 bros, yes it is cheaper to buy them separately, but if you want the comrades dlc, the season pass is cheaper. I loved the game so the season pass was a no brainer.
I prefer that you play those episodes after you finish the main story since some of them contain heavy spoilers.
The weapons you receive from the dlcs are very powerful in the main game, but it's not worth playing the Episodes early just to receive the weapons as there's other weapons of comparable power. But you can just watch them in youtube if you are cheap. lol

The first encounter with adamantoise just requires you to escape the battle area, hence the timer. The adamantoise in the hunts allow you to fight it til it dies. If I am not mistaken, more hunts open up in chapter 15.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1551 on: January 12, 2018, 05:51:06 AM »
The update downloads automatically as long as the PS4 is connected to the internet. Based on what you wrote, you have the most recent update installed. Better get on playing the AC festival. There's new dialogue there.

The season pass just gives extra costumes (mariachi noctis! LOL), weapon/accessories. If you are just after the 3 bros, yes it is cheaper to buy them separately, but if you want the comrades dlc, the season pass is cheaper. I loved the game so the season pass was a no brainer.
I prefer that you play those episodes after you finish the main story since some of them contain heavy spoilers.
The weapons you receive from the dlcs are very powerful in the main game, but it's not worth playing the Episodes early just to receive the weapons as there's other weapons of comparable power. But you can just watch them in youtube if you are cheap. lol

The first encounter with adamantoise just requires you to escape the battle area, hence the timer. The adamantoise in the hunts allow you to fight it til it dies. If I am not mistaken, more hunts open up in chapter 15.

Thanks for the info. I might try to play it on the weekend, just very swamped with life and work.. Sigh

I do recall retreating from the Adamantoise timed hunt. I remember Noctis saying something in dialogue like "What the hell was that thing?", or something to this effect. This was the first time I revisited Lucis' memory while in Altissia. So maybe that's why it's no longer timed in my playthrough.

Yeah I figured as much, so I'm avoiding spoilers until the game is finished. I love XV, and I'll probably splurge, but it won't be until the eoy when I have more time again. A lot of things are happening at the moment, including everyone in my direct family moving, buying or selling properties, so it's not going to happen for months.

Maybe I'll try and chip away at the Assassins Festival first and foremost. But it's just so damn fun doing hunts!

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1552 on: January 12, 2018, 11:52:33 PM »
Maybe I'll try and chip away at the Assassins Festival first and foremost. But it's just so damn fun doing hunts!

The hunts will forever be there, but the AC Festival will not. Get a move on and play the festival! :)
There's a rumor that there'll be a season pass 2. dun dun dun dun....
I technically haven't touched my PS4 in almost a month. LOL

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1553 on: January 13, 2018, 02:10:11 AM »
The hunts will forever be there, but the AC Festival will not. Get a move on and play the festival! :)
There's a rumor that there'll be a season pass 2. dun dun dun dun....
I technically haven't touched my PS4 in almost a month. LOL

Oh God Shiroi, ontop of everything else, I'm waiting in the hospital with someone suffering dehydration. So yeah, bad odds against me  :P

Oh SP2, I'll keep my ears open.. E3 will be around the corner in no time.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1554 on: January 14, 2018, 01:11:34 AM »
Oh God Shiroi, ontop of everything else, I'm waiting in the hospital with someone suffering dehydration. So yeah, bad odds against me  :P

Oh SP2, I'll keep my ears open.. E3 will be around the corner in no time.

I hope the person in the hospital gets well soon. If I'm not mistaken the AC fest can be done in a few hours.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1555 on: January 14, 2018, 03:38:09 AM »
I hope the person in the hospital gets well soon. If I'm not mistaken the AC fest can be done in a few hours.

Thank you and thanks for the tip. It's been a rough weekend, just have to handle it.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #1556 on: January 15, 2018, 11:09:06 AM »
I WANT to be playing the new Dragonball Fighterz...Just 10 more days!

My only beef though is why do we have to pay so much more for a bigger roster? I miss when games were just released in a more finished form, and then expansions would come later...rather than as day 1 purchases or something.

Still, I like that for once they aimed for using the real Manga frames as a basis for the move sets. And I do like how they are even including move sets from even very recent episodes of DB Super.
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1557 on: January 16, 2018, 03:54:49 AM »
Grond's Final Fantasy + Dynamic Battles Patches.
Never did beat the NES version of FF1, so I might as well play an enhanced and debugged version, no?
"Stuff and things."

Offline TriforceOfAether

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1558 on: January 22, 2018, 08:07:15 AM »
Resident Evil 4(Final chapters of professional mode)
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator (just trying to git gud, i'm up for challenges on steam)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4(same as GG Xrd)
Total War Shogun 2
Demon's Souls (Bosses beaten from each world in order from leftmost archstone to rightmost archstone: 2,2,0,2,1)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1559 on: January 25, 2018, 02:52:04 PM »
Finally got some time to play Zelda BOTW again last week, currently about to start my 4th main overworld dungeon. Hopefully I will get a bit more time as it's a long weekend atm.
Might try to finally play the Assassin's festival in FFXV also.