Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: How do all of these CastleVania worlds /smell/?  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
How do all of these CastleVania worlds /smell/?
« on: December 26, 2023, 02:37:34 PM »
+1
Betcha never thought about that one.   ;D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: How do all of these CastleVania worlds /smell/?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 05:13:53 PM »
lol this has crossed my mind from time to time, mainly because of Beelzebub from Symphony. A giant rotting corpse has gotta stink to high hell.. the candles throughout the castle can only do so much to mask the stench of the living dead, although some areas gotta be much more tolerable than others.

Lament of Innocence probably stinks too. Curse of Darkness, the smells are fine because there’s a lot of outdoor areas. Haunted Castle is probably the smelliest of them all, despite the first half taking place outdoors I just get the feeling that Simon is not having a good time inhaling all those awful odors.

Harmony of Dissonance has smells that would make the average joe go mad, simply because of the bizarre nature of the game, very trippy. I feel like Christopher was fine traversing the locales in Belmont’s Revenge, the smells weren’t that bad. Bloodlines/Portrait of Ruin probably smell just like you would think a war torn Europe would smell.

Soma however probably had it the best in Aria, despite being 100% in the castle he’s also high up in the eclipse, the air up there is very crisp.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 05:15:25 PM by crisis »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 11:46:01 PM »
Hella decay. And probably lots of burnt, too.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2024, 10:34:00 PM »
ewww... stinky.
I bet the Belmonts had to train hard to get used to those scents when the time to enter the castle arises.
Or... their noses are magical and have their own mini air filters. lol

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 04:19:28 AM »
hobbit feet

Tags: