Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2410254 times)

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
OXM 99 will have an eight-page preview also.

From rllmuk/neogaf/OXM hype

- More Metroidvania elements
- Open, seamless world
- Two hubs: city and castle (equally sized)
- "Blood Magic" weapons?
- Enric Alvarez says the city is "Chicago by way of Bayonetta's Vigrid, with pseudo Medieval growths erupting from every surface"
- Improved combat and platforming
- Multiple-era plot
- All-new, extra-titanic Titans

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
God... more shitty Titans (no, seriously, I hope they were improved instead of being a FUCKING CHORE). They were very creative, but they should be fun to play against.

Everything else sounds really great! Where's the complete article?

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
http://www.oxm.co.uk/53737/oxm-99-castlevania-gta-5-fifa-14-ultimate-minecraft-guide/

There's the cover shot at the bottom of that page (OXM / Official Xbox 360 Magazine), but no screenshots on the iTunes store.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
God... more shitty Titans (no, seriously, I hope they were improved instead of being a FUCKING CHORE). They were very creative, but they should be fun to play against.

As long as they're not fought the same way as the first game then it's fine with me. But I agree that it better not be a chore this time, hopefully the CG trailer was an indication that we can deal with them quickly (doubtful but we'll see).

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
We need more info. When are the magazines coming out?

BTW great cover
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:44:08 AM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
OXM 99 will have an eight-page preview also.

From rllmuk/neogaf/OXM hype

- More Metroidvania elements
- Open, seamless world
- Two hubs: city and castle (equally sized)
- "Blood Magic" weapons?
- Enric Alvarez says the city is "Chicago by way of Bayonetta's Vigrid, with pseudo Medieval growths erupting from every surface"
- Improved combat and platforming
- Multiple-era plot
Yes.... yes....yes.....YES......YEESSSSSS!!!..... :o

- All-new, extra-titanic Titans
Why doesn't the world die?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Odd that he's clearly holding the original intact Combat Cross despite crushing it to pieces in The Forgotton One's realm.. artists' mistake, perhaps? Or intentional?

Or maybe it's a sword hilt

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Odd that he's clearly holding the original intact Combat Cross despite crushing it to pieces in The Forgotton One's realm.. artists' mistake, perhaps? Or intentional?

Or maybe it's a sword hilt
I think it's a sword. He already had one on the other artwork.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Can someone buy the magazine(s) and scan them for us? I'm not in the states so f**k me but you know, the hype train too much to handle.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
It is a sword...whip. The sword will extend itself to hit his enemies.

The blood magic weapons? Axe...whip. Cross...whip. Knife...whip. Dragon Transformation which throws flame at his enemies. Flame-whips, of course.

But Alucard will save us with his magical sword...whip.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
And then Satan returns.......with a whip, wearing a dominatrix outfit.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Crossing my fingers for playable Alucard.

EDIT: From the XBox Magazine.

Simon and Trevor will be in LoS2 then, I guess?

EDIT again:

Uhhh, I don't suppose any of this was posted yet was it?

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:02:02 PM by OSM »

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Aw man I need those images in hq, FAST! That last pic of Dracula is just menacing.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 05:22:44 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
wait... by the looks of the poster, Allie would be back as Trevor!?

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Or LoS2 would have some sorta MoF chapter, I dunno.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.