Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Rebirth  (Read 25898 times)

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2014, 04:35:55 PM »
this ZeroSaberGreen told me he don't want to help me now, because he didn't understand my post well, said i didn't spelled it right and i should use proper grammar.
Well now... lets see what I said: I need someone to help me create a Lifebar i maded, i think i posted a sprite here, its SOTN based with Simons picture...

Hard to understand eh :)
Why do people offer help if they don't want to help  :-\ wtf!

I undertend what you say, but its better to say that HUD i think, it will be nice to help you but im stuck in 2 projects and sometimes i have a little time to finish what i want, good luck in your project.

This is the life bar he say

Offline VampireKillerX

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2014, 04:49:06 PM »
Jop, he understod what I mean. Ok it's not important.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:07:48 PM by Zox »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2014, 05:05:38 PM »
Only trying to clarify, you need help to code this lifebar into the game Im correct?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline VampireKillerX

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2014, 05:20:28 PM »

my current lol :D

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 10:33:25 AM by Zox »

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2014, 10:59:32 PM »
Finally got the healthbar hud far enough wthere  everything seems to be working fine now. Simon now has the new healthbar,and heart count, as well as sub item holder, and of course time. I re-shot this vid to show the pause screen i attempte aswell. Though that part is far from perfected. It's at least something. Also be sure to check the end of the vid for the boss health hud(with makeshift skull knight boss). It appears when the boss is their as the normal classic style did but dissapears after a bosses defeat. Yeah sorry i wasnt paying much attetion and reliased when i record i had the external file with teh sprites i didt realize it..but either way it's just me showin  off the healthbars. You can see it go down correclty as simon takes damage. Be sure to check your db Zox, it should work fine now.

Video showing Simon healthbar+hud testing

Off  bit of topic i would aslo prefer anyone seeking our engine, to ask myself or reiko  first..but our response has  basically been  not until we are done a remake of cv1 and 3. So please be aware of this..thank you!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Terin

• Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2014, 06:27:19 AM »
As a programmer/developer (I write engines in my spare time, program for big companies fulltime), I have some suggestions on code:

Despite everyone saying that Unity is far superior to Game Maker (and I can agree), I think that using Game Maker is probably more straight-forward for someone who is starting out.  While, yes, Game Maker is slow, buggy, and has issues, I think it is an excellent place to start and learn coding concepts for first-time folks.  This is just a fan project -- it's nothing super professional.  Even as a developer, having worked with other engines (Unreal, and a few other proprietary systems), I still had a hard time understanding Unity -- it wasn't as easy to just jump in and do things.  I know folks who KNOW how to use it and learned swear by it.  However, when I started to learn to program, way back when, I was playing with RPG Maker 95 and other variants where you could point and click -- this is great for someone who is more visual.

I would say, Zox, find a template you can use, and make the art to fit that template and build the levels.  When you have something that can be shown off, sometimes that will attract other folks to want to help.  At that time, you may have the offer from a programmer to port it into something else -- and maybe then, they'll teach you how to use a Map Editor in Unity (if one exists -- I played with Unity 1 -- I think they're on v. 3 now?), and they'll handle the coding, etc.

I have a problem the opposite of you -- I have an engine I'm building, but no artists!  The people who tend to succeed in these cases tend to become somewhat jack-of-all-trades, and use what they can (templates, i.e. filler graphics, filler music, simple code) until they get support from others.  Back in the day, I used to make my own sprites -- and I probably still could, but I don't have the same amount of time to sit down and build graphics AS WELL as the code.

So, Zox, as I said -- use whatever seems simplest to you.  When you have something worth showing (a simple demo), you might find yourself with more support.  That's more-or-less how the game industry works with prototyping and funding, according to friends in the business.  You have a small budget -- put something together to show it off (better known studios can get away with movies; lesser require proof-of-concept's with not-final graphics/music/code/etc) -- and then hope someone gives you budget.  But that's another story entirely.

That aside, the sprites you have look excellent -- and the styles mesh very well (sky seems a little empty, but you can add a background or parallax layer later).  Looks like a very fun project!

Best of luck!

Offline VampireKillerX

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2014, 04:52:37 PM »
thanks  ;)

Offline Qwertyvania

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2014, 03:26:32 PM »
Looks cool, but it seems like the title could get it confused with Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2014, 03:02:39 PM »
The same could be said of "Castlevania Chronicles" and "Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles". That title works well to me.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2014, 06:36:09 PM »
^ hehehe. Also "Harmony of Dissonance" and "Harmony of Despair". And it becomes even more confusing (which requires a double read) when they are abbreviated as HoD and HD respectively.

Offline PyramidHead

• Vampire Hunter
  • Don't look into the Death Star, or you will die.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2014, 05:45:09 AM »
Looks good so far. I would play it :)

Offline VampireKillerX

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2014, 07:41:07 AM »

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2014, 12:58:06 PM »
Oh! Not bad!

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2014, 09:52:02 PM »
Nice, looks smooth
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE