Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1047688 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #2250 on: August 06, 2015, 01:07:38 AM »
What's the symbol on his talismans supposed to be? It isn't angelic script and it isn't kanji either.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2251 on: August 06, 2015, 01:16:27 AM »
What's the symbol on his talismans supposed to be? It isn't angelic script and it isn't kanji either.
Some sort of Kanji-fied Enochian glyphs?

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2252 on: August 06, 2015, 07:18:52 AM »
Love the design on the new guy. Very Gabriel/John Morris in appearance. I can't wait to play bloodstained on my vita!

Maybe Bloodstained is a symbol for Konami, LoS, Cox and all those things. Making NotGabriel both evil and nice could be a way of saying: I hate LoS, cause it destroyed my career! But I like it too cause it made Bloodstained possible!

And NotGabriel is a representation of all those mixed emotions. And we probably get to kill him in the game, or he'll get killed by someone else, but not before helping us out, or something.  ;D

I hope Iga doesn't blame his past career woes on LOS. The only reason Konami went with a different dev was because Iga's games were falling short. He would only have himself to blame, not cox or anybody else.

And by the way Onechanbara is super fun.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:02:07 PM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2253 on: August 06, 2015, 01:42:28 PM »
At first I wasnt keen on the Gabriel lookalike, but wow, what Shelvy said makes sense XD

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #2254 on: August 07, 2015, 03:57:12 PM »
I like this character. For once it's not another generic bishonen character.  Being a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fan, this has me pumped. He does give off that Gabriel/Simon/Julius bit... Aesthetic wise, Gabriel but I think this Character is... Julius Belmont. He is a demon hunter and Miriam may have those powers and he ends up fighting her ala AoS style only to be shown mercy perhaps... but that's just my take.

In all honesty, sure LoS was a disappoint with some good things, but I've nothing against Gabriel Belmont. He was a nice character but he was an understatement as The Prince of Darkness.

They should change his pants colour to be black. I never loved that Santa Belmont shit though...

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #2255 on: August 07, 2015, 06:10:44 PM »
Gabriel would have been so much cooler if he was separate character from Dracula.

They should have just had a different Dracula altogether. More of a traditional Dracula!

I get bummed when I think that they almost did a Castlevania 1 remake. That would have been better.

Still, it's a great game. I loved every moment of it after the first 3 stages.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2256 on: August 07, 2015, 07:30:07 PM »
Gabriel would have been so much cooler if he was separate character from Dracula.

They should have just had a different Dracula altogether. More of a traditional Dracula!

I get bummed when I think that they almost did a Castlevania 1 remake. That would have been better.

Pretty much this. Expand the castle sections and remove the hours-long werewolf jungle ruins and it would've been much much much better. They should've just stuck to being a CV1 remake, really. Would've on par for the course, given Haunted Castle, Super Castlevania IV, and Castlevania Chronicles. When you move to a new platform...retell Simon's story.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2257 on: August 08, 2015, 12:53:12 PM »
Thankful for Gabriel becoming Dracula, if only for the parts of Lords of Shadow 2 where Dracula and Zobek chill in mega corporation building, and Dracula always has to leave thru the Long Loading Elevator.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2258 on: August 13, 2015, 01:47:47 AM »
Here is the full video of CV boss og stage at Gamescom 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA8a_Nvd_bw

« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:49:49 AM by Castle34hk »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2259 on: August 13, 2015, 01:56:40 AM »
Here is the full video of CV boss og stage at Gamescom 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA8a_Nvd_bw

For those that don't wanna watch the video:

-Crossplay functionality between the PC and Xbox One versions of Bloodstained.
-Not!Gabriel has no official name as of yet. He is a demon hunter, who fights the demons that appear in the world 10 years before the events of Bloodstained. He wields dual swords, and uses Japanese spells as well.
-IGA isn't very good at cracking a whip.

From how they describe Not!Gabriel, it's rather in-depth about his abilities, so he sounds like more than just an NPC. Perhaps a boss, or -- from what I gather on his history -- even being playable (perhaps in the prequel minigame).
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2260 on: August 13, 2015, 02:46:21 AM »
He actually got the whip on stage? Haha, he is so lame but I like how humble he is and his Engrish is much better than Hideo Kojima.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2261 on: August 14, 2015, 04:01:37 AM »
IGA must have been practicing English. His English skills have improved.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2262 on: August 14, 2015, 11:15:20 AM »
I like this character. For once it's not another generic bishonen character.

Diddo. That kind of thing was wearing itself out way too fast in the latter half of the CV series.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2263 on: August 19, 2015, 06:36:40 PM »

Update #29

斬月 — Zangetsu — 42 —  Male

Coming from a small country far away in the East, Zangetsu specializes in fighting demons. He makes his way to England when the demons first show up 10 years before the main story of Bloodstained begins.

He uses a dual katana fighting style along with Japanese “ofuda” paper incantations to destroy his demonic foes.

During his long battle to keep the demons at bay he loses his left eye and right arm. Using a special Ofuda spell he is able to animate a wooden prosthetic arm to nearly the same level of mobility as his original arm. The Ofuda that covers his missing left eye grants him the ability to see both auras of both the living and dead.

He lost a great deal of friends during his 10 years of fighting, creating an absolute hatred for not only the creatures themselves but also the Alchemists that brought them to the Earth.

More from IGA:

Zangetsu is a character I came up with when trying to answer this question: What happened in the lost time between the appearance of the demons on earth and Miriam's awakening 10 years later?

In all my games I’ve never had a Samurai character appear, much less a character from Japan, so I’m using the opportunity of working in this new universe to try something new.

The character is an interesting blend—he wears a Western coat, reminiscent of the era, but has it half open, which is a very Japanese style. I wanted to show off a bit of his wild nature with the design. We are still working out the Ofuda concept, so please bear with us.

It’s kind of ironic—I was able to come up with Miriam, Johannes, and Gebel’s name rather easily, but landing on a good Japanese name ended up taking a long time.

- IGA

Yeah... He is definitely Snake with that 'Prosthetic Arm'. Hopefully he gets voiced by Hayter.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:40:33 PM by Zetheraxza »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2264 on: August 19, 2015, 08:10:06 PM »
Doubtful on Hayter being this guy's voice. There likely won't be that many characters, so I doubt they'd share actors with that small of a cast.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Tags:

anything