Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Really like her, but don't know how to make it work  (Read 14088 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Really like her, but don't know how to make it work
« on: February 22, 2014, 10:02:01 AM »
I know I am generally being horribly cynical and sarcastic about stuff, but this is where I need advice. I feel like I'm in a really complicated situation and don't know how to act. Don't know if anyone was ever in such a situation, but if you were, please help with some advice.

The story goes like this: yours truly met a girl. At first she just seemed to me an interesting person to talk to and I haven't considered anything serious. However, we quickly became quite close friends, seemed like we had a lot in common and I found myself sharing with her some things I hardly talk about with my best friends. As we became more attached, I realized she may be the most intelligent and charming girl I've met. And I don't use the term "charming" often. She isn't just pretty, she has a charm that makes you not want to leave everytime you are with her.

Thing is, one of my friends who is a barman told me that when she was in his bar with her friends, some guy tried to hit on her, and she rejected him saying that she likes girls.
I knew I can't just trust his word and one of the days while having a casual conversation, I told her what he said and asked whether it was true. In response, she became embarrassed, started giggling, stuttering, and said at first "no", then "Well, it's a difficult question"
I said that it isn't, and she said "I don't know. Basically, I don't think there should be one answer to that question".
Jokingly, I said that I knew some nice girls, and she responded with "Oh stop that, I'm not looking for a girlfriend."

Needless to say, I found this conversation very confusing. If she just said yes, that would be enough for me to leave her alone. But she didn't. Instead, that response was just what I expected (and kinda feared) to hear from her. Even though she is very intelligent, it seems she is unusually shy and bashful when it come to discussing romance, and maybe scared of commitment. Being the kind of guy that I am, that fact made her even more charming to me.

What complicates the story even further is that she's not from my country. She's a foreign exchange student, which is what made her more interesting to me, while at the same time making any idea of having a relationship harder.
I feel like I'm between the hammer and the anvil. I like her too much to not try and initiate something, and I think she likes me too, but the combination of her shyness and intelligence makes it impossible for any cheap machoist romantic tricks to work on her, so I try to be as gentle and nice as possible with her, because I feel that if I pressure her that would scare her. But I really don't know what to do, whether I could make her like me enough to break the defensive barrier she has against having any kind of relationship that is as difficult. And I'll be damned, she's not the kind of girl I would play around with; hell, she's the kind of person I'd like to get married with. 
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Really like her, but don't know how to make it work
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 10:19:21 AM »
Sexual preference isn't necessarily black and white.

Also girls say a lot of things to get random guys off their back. That's never a solid way to gauge anything.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 11:20:10 AM »
Pretty much 70-75% of the women I hang out with use the "I like girls" excuse to get men off of their back.
15% afterwards use another excuse ("I'm seeing someone" or "Jorge here is with me"), while the last 10% really do like girls.

Don't go by hearsay.  Ask her yourself.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 11:30:10 PM »
I don't think you understood the problem. I am not sure what is the right way for me to approach the subject.
The more I think about it, the more it seems to me that the best option would be to be honest, to address her wit rather than her heart, tell her that I like her and offer her to just consider having a date without pressuring her and making any commitments. It's not easy to put in words but I think that is the safest option with her.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 12:18:23 AM »
Don't waste too much time mulling it over. Just go with your heart and take a chance. You only live this life once my friend.

Best of luck to you Freddy!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 01:00:58 AM »
^
Yeah, what he said. 
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 01:25:08 AM »
Usually female exchange students (been there) are more cautious than others and are afraid of commitment due to the fact that long distance relationships do not always work and there is a fear that they are just being played since they would not stay for a long time.

I don't think you understood the problem. I am not sure what is the right way for me to approach the subject.
The more I think about it, the more it seems to me that the best option would be to be honest, to address her wit rather than her heart, tell her that I like her and offer her to just consider having a date without pressuring her and making any commitments. It's not easy to put in words but I think that is the safest option with her.

That I think is the safest option. Go for it one baby step at a time.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 05:11:14 AM »
If you love her you need to just be honest with her about how you feel. It sounds like she makes you want to be a better person, if that's the case you gotta let her know. And you have to let her know how much you're willing to try to make it work. If it doesn't work out it's better to ask her than to spend the rest of your life wondering if it would have worked out.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 05:17:53 AM by Ratty »

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 05:34:19 AM »
Your only problem: ASSUMPTIONS

Never, ever assume anything. Maybe she did like girls, maybe she was brushing a guy off, maybe she is/was bi curious... Bottom Line who cares

Life is a blank canvas, don't paint it black with doubt and negative thoughts.
Life is a blank canvas, the past affects the future but it does not equate to nor own it..
Life is a blank canvas, paint your own definitions and own how you feel.
Life is a blank canvas, have I said that enough times??? Good, remember it.

She obviously likes you if you're both spending time together, if you like/ love her then speak from the heart and speak your truth.. Because it may be painful if you do, but it will be even more painful if you don't. So don't spend the rest of your life wondering/wandering
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 10:31:11 AM »
well i was in love of one of mi best friend and in this year i tell her but since she is daeting with someone i only tell her that i love her because i think i will fell better only telling this (in my case its works but obviously i will fell better if she was with me), in my case i only want that she knows that, i know that i lost my oportunity but I'll always remember that its stupid to wait, you feel better saying it, but its my opinion

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 05:01:34 PM »
zangetsu468 has the right idea. And I also say it too. Never assume anything while living on this kind of planet. There are just too many variables to work out logically. Love is anything but logic. Best to leave logic out of this and go with what your gut is telling you. Speak from your heart is all you can really do.  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 10:41:29 PM »
Thanks for the advice, mates! Kinda boosts confidence. Shiroi and Zangetsu, thank you.
No doubt I would try this, now I have more of an idea what to say so I can be more confident about it. Suppose I'll tell you how it turns out. 
~Charlie Sheen

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 11:26:53 PM »
Thanks for the advice, mates! Kinda boosts confidence. Shiroi and Zangetsu, thank you.
No doubt I would try this, now I have more of an idea what to say so I can be more confident about it. Suppose I'll tell you how it turns out.

Please do. I for one believe true love was far too much a rarity in a universe of infinite possibility to even bother believing in... But you know what?
Life and love have proved me wrong, and I'm now with the love of my life.

The moral is be open to things happening in any form, never rely on pre-conceived notions, and follow your heart/ instincts because you know yourself best.

Good Luck friend. 
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 01:53:13 AM »

You're welcome~♫
We'll eagerly await the result.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 02:39:35 AM »
Good luck, brother! :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags: