Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Ecto-Rush, a new game I made!  (Read 3946 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: November 03, 2014, 12:08:40 PM »
As most all of you know, I own a game company. We put out our latest game just recently, and the Android version just made it up today. It's free, with no gimmicks or trickery. Just ad's to support it.

Ecto-Rush is a SHMUP meets Endless Runner. Boiled down the genre mechanics to their basics and combined it with randomized level construction and boss battles. No buying or grinding for currency. It's all about skill. Starts out easy, gets crazy!

If you try it out let me know what you think!

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ecto-rush/id925554418?mt=8

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skylance.ectorush

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 12:53:23 PM »
Looks spooky ;o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 03:22:46 PM »
It actually gets to nightmare fuel level as you progress through the game.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 04:57:57 PM »
Are there any bullet hell elements involved?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 05:38:54 PM »
As most all of you know, I own a game company. We put out our latest game just recently, and the Android version just made it up today. It's free, with no gimmicks or trickery. Just ad's to support it.

Ecto-Rush is a SHMUP meets Endless Runner. Boiled down the genre mechanics to their basics and combined it with randomized level construction and boss battles. No buying or grinding for currency. It's all about skill. Starts out easy, gets crazy!

If you try it out let me know what you think!

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ecto-rush/id925554418?mt=8

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skylance.ectorush

Actually didn't know that Uzo. Got a website?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 05:47:03 PM »
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 06:01:08 PM »
Are there any bullet hell elements involved?

Yes. :) More so later on in the game.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 06:04:53 PM »
Yes. :) More so later on in the game.

Been playing it, and it's fun. :)
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 09:10:02 PM »
Thanks for making it ios 5.1.1. At least I'll be able to download it on my ancient ipad. hehehe.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 10:02:09 PM »
We feel it is important to support older devices. I have all shitty out of date devices, so I know that feeling. I know a lot of people, myself included, who just can't afford the latest and greatest by far. It is challenging to program for that kind of mentality, and still attempt to end up with a high quality game even at the smaller scale.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 01:02:23 AM »
It's fun, though I'm bad at these runner type games. hehehe.
Btw, does it really have to have an online connection?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 05:30:13 AM »
If you're on Android, the option to remove the online requirement hasn't been added yet. We had issues with that on Android, but not iOS. It will come to Android as an update very soon.

Tags: