Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849005 times)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5100 on: March 03, 2013, 08:28:54 PM »
And that because it have 3 stories, its incredible doesnt it?
(click to show/hide)

When Cox revealed a portable game was designed to make sure MercurySteam didn't have to lay off staff between LoS1 and 2, it became more clear to me that MoF was some type of filler game. The plot and overall content make it a bit clear to me.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5101 on: March 03, 2013, 10:27:20 PM »
What's going on around here? I think I can guess the main "spoiler" people are talking about (don't want to know one way or another), but this place has come crashing down like a house of cards. People were hopeful--a lot more hopeful than me--and now it's like everyone's jumping ship. Is the game short and full of padding or something? Or is it just people angry about the story and its characters?

Goodness knows I feel starved for a new Castlevania game I can get behind more than 50%, but I didn't expect so much venom so soon.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5102 on: March 03, 2013, 10:44:14 PM »
It's not that we're jumping ship (then again most weren't on it in the first place) It's just that certain aspects of the story were pretty much by the book and not really surprising in the end, everything we speculated from trailer 1 pretty much happened. From what I've been hearing the game itself is fine (sans the spotty framerate), the story, while very predictable, is somewhat satisfying to know what really happened and how. And the game is pretty much as long as the average portable Castlevania game unless your going for %100.

Im sure most are still looking forward to it, there's not many games like this on the 3DS and despite all complaints, whether it be big or small, I can't really turn down a 2D(ish)Castlevania game. Unfortunatly I am without a 3DS so unless that HD version happens, I can't play it anytime soon. ???
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:59:16 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5103 on: March 04, 2013, 01:46:18 AM »
Yup yup... not jumping ship. I was just skeptical and quite sad since the speculations came true.
However, I will still buy this game since I can't pass a handheld vania. hehehe.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5104 on: March 04, 2013, 08:25:43 AM »
+1
Oh no: still plan on buying the game and play the heck out of it: Castlevania is my drug and I need my fix so I can't turn it down. (I even downloaded Castlevania: The Adventure on 3DS because I can't find the GB cart and need a quick fix of game I haven't played in a while.)

(click to show/hide)

But I still love Gabe's story so far and he's still one of the few Castlevania protagonist/antagonist/anti-hero's in the lore I care about and want to see get a good ending, dagnabit!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 09:15:03 AM by Kamirine »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5105 on: March 04, 2013, 09:06:49 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Hush, this ain't the spoiler discussion thread.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5106 on: March 04, 2013, 09:15:53 AM »
+1
Hush, this ain't the spoiler discussion thread.

Fix'ed, sorry! Forgot my manners!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5107 on: March 04, 2013, 10:03:27 AM »
I agree Kamirine; despite all these issues with the framerate & gameplay & whatnot, none of it will deter me from buying this game. Of course there will be stuff I may not like such as QTEs & hit detection, but I will try to enjoy the game for what it is rather than hate it for what it does wrong!

Some people are calling it terrible, others simply okay, a select few think it's flawless. However I think I will simply "like" it, nothing more, nothing less ^_^

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #5108 on: March 04, 2013, 11:44:13 AM »
I agree Kamirine; despite all these issues with the framerate & gameplay & whatnot, none of it will deter me from buying this game. Of course there will be stuff I may not like such as QTEs & hit detection, but I will try to enjoy the game for what it is rather than hate it for what it does wrong!

Some people are calling it terrible, others simply okay, a select few think it's flawless. However I think I will simply "like" it, nothing more, nothing less ^_^
That's the spirit, man! :)

Offline mistressalucard

• Diva
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Magical Diva
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Moonlit Path
    • Awards
« Reply #5109 on: March 04, 2013, 12:05:00 PM »
My copy shipped! Hopefully I will have it by Wednesday, and the preorder bonus shipped with it :)  Will give me something to play all weekend.

Anyone else get their shipping notice yet?
---
Lady A

Trevor Belmont Fan

Offline Pedrith

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #5110 on: March 04, 2013, 01:57:13 PM »
Hi.  I'm looking forward to it but am wondering if there is  going to be a soundtrack release for it?  I preordered it and there was no mention about extras.  Wasn't there a soundtrack release with LOS when you preordered, or am I mistaken.

Cheers,

David

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5111 on: March 04, 2013, 04:24:17 PM »
Wow Cox really lied on this one.
LOL. Cox and lie on the same sentence is unnecessary.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5112 on: March 05, 2013, 12:12:06 AM »
 Reviews are starting to come out. And it's very up and down, :-\

The IGN review, f'n yikes.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/05/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-review
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:16:03 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #5113 on: March 05, 2013, 12:15:08 AM »

Reviews are starting to come out. And it's very up and down, :-\

The IGN review, f'n yikes.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/05/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-review

Hmm got any links?
 Ehh I'll just wait. Is the los series so 50/50  :-\

Edit:
What the f...... Wha? I do not know what to say....
The hell my mind is wha..
I'm speechless.

This is worst than the first one is that even possible :o
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:19:47 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5114 on: March 05, 2013, 12:21:49 AM »
Compare that to the Gameinformer review

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/castlevania_lords_of_shadow_-_mirror_of_fate/b/3ds/archive/2013/03/05/a-fresh-take-on-the-portable-bloodline.aspx

A 8.5, It got double what IGN gave it.

Done reading that IGN review, it reeks of bias, like legit hate towards the game cause it's not a full on Metroidvania.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:26:26 AM by Kingshango »

Tags: .....? 

anything