Poll

should Konami release a Castlevania Anthology next?

yes of course
10 (40%)
rather have a new game
7 (28%)
dont really care
1 (4%)
What Is A Man?
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Anthology  (Read 4159 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: May 27, 2014, 12:21:41 PM »
lets say instead of a brand new game, konami considers releasing a cv anthology containing several games, with the purpose of gauging interest in the brand

what games should be included, the classics to remind the public of the series origin, or the more recent metroidvanias since theyre arguably "safer" to sell to the populace? it should be console release but they might go the cheap route with portables

thing is, such a release obvi cant contain every single release, so what should be omitted? the fact that they even have to omit something sucks, but it is what it is I guess. This woulda been purrfect to celebrate the 25th Anniversary, agree?

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 12:39:05 PM »
+1
The only collection that would make sense to me would be a collection of the NES trilogy. If they enhanced them as well that would be great. Keep the cheesy Überwald gothic atmosphere and give updated designs of the characters but in the same spirit as the original designs (blonde barbarian Simon, goofy-haired Alucard, etc.) Oreca Monster Battle's artist would be perfect for something like that.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 02:22:18 PM »
+1
I would really love a Castlevania Anthology, but inside a new game. Since Contra 4, I really expect that a CV game can celebrate the anniversary with a "museum" like that game has in that time.
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 05:23:44 PM »
we have all played the old games, and the general public likes new shiny things. would ultra bomb.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 05:25:07 PM »
we have all played the old games, and the general public likes new shiny things. would ultra bomb.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 08:30:14 PM »
People now have access to old games through emulation, actual physical copies or downloaded games for the wii/3ds and I'm sure some dungeonites have played those old titles to death. So, I'd rather have a new game than an anthology.
But if Konami insists, then they should do the NES games, although what's the point of that when there's downloadable content available?

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 09:11:19 PM »
+1
Just give me a new Classicvania or closer to that style dammit!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 12:00:54 AM »
+1
If the games are re-worked, yes (graphism/music/gameplay). If not, no.

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Founder of CV: Souls of Sorrow
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 09:34:27 AM »
Thank God there is a thread about Castlevania Anthologies. I actually found a site about signing a petition for a decent Castlevania Collection around last month and I eventually signed. This is the URL.

https://www.change.org/petitions/castlevania-anthologies#share

Who knows it would make a difference? A single sign would definitely make a huge difference as well. And don't forget to drop by your comments to support Castlevania Anthologies. If you care, sign it! Hehe ;D

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 01:00:21 PM »
Assuming they update something, anything it would need to be the first 3. Same shit, different toilet.

If they bite, then they bite. If not... heh

Would anyone here buy it? Sure

Would my 12 year old cousin buy it? No, he has no money.
would he play it? No he likes to blow stuff up and wants all the flashy new stuff

A fanservice i welcome.
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Tags:

anything