Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: If the Castlevania IP was sold who would you want to see get it?  (Read 19137 times)

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
I am not an IGA fan as I am more partial to non Metroid style plat-fomers per say. However, I would prefer he had control over the property if a suitable owner was not found. Who else would you want to see do Castlevania if it were done as a SOTN reduh, as a Platfovania, a Judgement reworking or something we haven't even thought of yet?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 12:07:26 AM by Belmont Stakes »

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: If the Castlevania IP was sold who would you want to see get it?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 12:34:38 AM »
I am not an IGA fan as I am more partial to non Metroid style plat-fomers per say. However, I would prefer he had control over the property if a suitable owner was not found. Who else would you want to see do Castlevania if it were done as a SOTN reduh, as a Platfovania, a Judgement reworking or something we haven't even thought of yet?

Me.

But seriously now: WayFoward. They know how to do 2D shit right.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 01:59:18 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 02:02:56 AM »
Several indie companies have been mentioned before in other threads with regards to future Castlevania titles. But personally I feel WayForward would be the best candidate for ownership.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 02:09:11 AM »
Sell the IP to Jorge and we'd all contribute in the development. hahaha.
And yeah, this question has been raised time and again in this forum.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 02:11:30 AM »
Either Wayforward or...the Darkest Dungeon guys. I'm playing that right now and they got the gothic atmosphere down pat.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 06:48:25 AM »
Honestly, what I would be more interested in is a situation similar to Shenmue III where Konami and IGA could make a deal where they license the IP to him and he will do another kickstarter. You could always say: "Bah, I'm tired of that IGA", and as interesting it is to fantasize about who could do Castlevania justice, I honestly wonder how much game developers would be willing and actually competent enough to make a Castlevania game that people actually like. Just imagine Castlevania falling in the hands of the likes of MercurySteam forever.   

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 07:00:04 AM »
LJN....

No seriously though, what Nagumo said, or say Vanillaware. Their platformers aren't exactly the same but handled by them I think a new life could be breathed into the series.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 07:32:15 AM »
Nintendo would be the best option, both gameplay & financially-wise

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 07:40:19 AM »
The guy ("s" probably, but I don't want to see stuff from WOMI) behind Rosenkreuzstilette, but I want to see if there's sequel of Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel first
The quest starring Karl "Belmont" Palesch, as he deals with some CV-inspired stuff, breaks through castle's defence lines, and the one-on-one gauntlet battle with Count Michael Sepperin would be "blazing" and "epic". Not working. NOT WORKING. DAMN WOMI.

And if the RKS graphic style used by a Castlevania game the result would be AWESOME. But that thing is only in my day dream...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:44:00 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2015, 08:28:10 AM »
+1
Rockstar Games. Make a Red Dead Redemption style Castlevania set in Middle Ages Transylvania and full of evil creatures.

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2015, 09:13:02 AM »
The guy ("s" probably, but I don't want to see stuff from WOMI) behind Rosenkreuzstilette, but I want to see if there's sequel of Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel first
The quest starring Karl "Belmont" Palesch, as he deals with some CV-inspired stuff, breaks through castle's defence lines, and the one-on-one gauntlet battle with Count Michael Sepperin would be "blazing" and "epic". Not working. NOT WORKING. DAMN WOMI.

And if the RKS graphic style used by a Castlevania game the result would be AWESOME. But that thing is only in my day dream...

Sadly that was a april's fool joke :-\
But Hey, Freudenstachel was initially intended to be a April's fool Joke, and finished being a Full game  :P
Who knows in the future the company can make this game be real??  ;)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2015, 09:33:15 AM »
Anyone but Konami. Hell even Capcom is a better option than Konami at this point.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2015, 10:26:17 AM »
Migami!

Seriously. I think Mig does the best job of bridging the gap between classicvania and metriodvania fans. He also has a clean pretty clean slate story wise with Lecarde chronicles.

Iga's attempt at classicvania fell short in my opinion, and his metriodvania games got redundant.

Plotwist would be my vote for completing and fixing the timeline Iga attempted. You seem to have his style down perfectly. You also seem to have a better grasp on fleshing out  a storyline without leaving plot holes.

So if it's separate storyline I vote Mig. If it's picking up where Iga left off I vote plot twist.

My faith is in the fan projects.

I'm excited for bloodstained, but I expect it to appeal more to the metriodvania cv fans than it will nessacrily to the fans who prefer the classic style. It's darker days for those fans with no prospect of a new classicvania game.

If I could pick an established dev it would be vanillaware for a 2d CV and Tecmo for a 3d CV.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 10:40:33 AM »
Company-wise, probably Bethesda.

Fan-wise, Plot. No contest.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 11:45:47 AM »
you guys are all wrong (yes i am stirring the pot). Castlevania will be best under Nintendo's care for various reasons, more so than any other company. despite recent questionable business decisions their resume speaks for them-self:

- near flawless track record when it comes 2 challenging platformers
- originators uv the "metroidvania" style
- still release 2d sidescrollers till this day
- only company capable of successfuly uniting the "classicvania" y "metroidvania" style

tell me im wrong

Tags:

anything