Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1051683 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1050 on: October 31, 2013, 05:17:08 AM »
Can some one rip the water for me from this scene? Just the water in the Foreground that's moving left and right...

OoE_IGA Playthrough 2: The Ship & New Glyphs

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:51:11 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1051 on: October 31, 2013, 10:43:14 AM »
One thing that I really want to do is make SotN style special effects, like all the stuff with transparency.

You could always use Photoshop. And if you don't have it, I could help you.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Bel

• Fiolina Lecarde
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1052 on: October 31, 2013, 03:20:49 PM »
I actually use Paint.NET, which can also do transparency, but there's a lot of really complicated stuff about the SotN graphical effects, especially fire.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1053 on: November 01, 2013, 08:09:53 PM »
Not really. And also, I use PAINT.net for that little shadow behind Maria, and the transparent background. You should try Aesprite. It has transparency, you can make APNG's and high quality gifs with it too.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Bel

• Fiolina Lecarde
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1054 on: November 04, 2013, 08:44:59 PM »
Someone should make a Mega Man style Maria. She practically has the Mega Buster!

Offline the_truth

• Like it or not... the truth still is what it is!
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1055 on: November 18, 2013, 11:36:36 PM »
Can some one rip the water for me from this scene? Just the water in the Foreground that's moving left and right...

OoE_IGA Playthrough 2: The Ship & New Glyphs

I know I saw something somewhere on this a while back............

NEVERMIND, found it! See this thread for how to do it: http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,5891.0.html

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1056 on: November 19, 2013, 09:27:26 AM »
Thanks, but it is all good now. I just handdrew my own water and animated it...
Vamprotector Ghost Ship 1-1 (added 2)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1057 on: November 20, 2013, 01:24:25 PM »
Ripped the Inner Quarters clouds background from Aria. It's not perfect and it's only a single loop of the sequence, so the thunder loop is pretty bad, as are the few skips, but it's halfway decent. I'm trying to get a better one now.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Bel

• Fiolina Lecarde
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1058 on: November 21, 2013, 10:30:35 PM »
Anyone got the whips from the "Red Richter" version of Simon's Quest Revamped?

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1059 on: December 26, 2013, 03:37:27 PM »
Hello dudes.
These are some spriteworks done by me, depicting SotN if it had been ported to the NES. A "demake" if you will. Some considerations are important:

-I know that it's pratically impossible to do what I did on the real NES. My intention is more to "imitate" the NES style than to do a complete, 100% NES limited art. It's an artwork intended for "imagining", not "developing".

-Alucard is made of two sprites, Mega-Man style. One for himself, another for his cape, which can change colors depending on what he is wearing. I'm still thinking if it would not be cooler to change his darkest color to depict the current cape instead of having a new sprite, like the old games used to do when wanting to show you that the character had a different equipment on. Oh well~

-Palette color-count on screen/per object, and tile-sizes/positioning were respected. HOWEVER real NES hardware palette limitations were not... Probably... A NES game palette is not free to pick and choose any color you want. It requires you to choose a set of colors from a pre-determined palette, then choosing the RGB inclination of hues and saturation for all the colors you have choosen for the game. It's pretty obvious I simply picked any color that fancied me, even though most of then came from the original NES palette... Probably...

-I did my best to respect the 256 bg tile-count per screenshot, but considering the nature of the game, this is one of the aspects that demonstrate how it'd be impossible on the real NES. The "Load CD" room being the greatest offender of the 256 bg tile-count rule. Even though a friend of mine counted the tiles and said they were ok, I'm still pretty sure it goes beyond the limit somewhere...

-Finally, there is some "adaptation" going on on the rooms. If you look carefully, some details were modified intentionally to fit the restrictions I respected. The Doppelganger room being the most obvious, as the portal in the middle is not multicolored and bright, having a "swirl" on the middle.

-In my defense I scream "Summer Carnival '92 Recca!" and may the art gods be with me xD

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 05:44:19 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1060 on: December 26, 2013, 05:11:53 PM »
Nice! I like it. I dunno much of that looks like it would be quite doable on an NES.
"Stuff and things."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1061 on: December 26, 2013, 05:18:01 PM »
that is amazing 10/10 would play if existed

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1062 on: December 26, 2013, 05:33:34 PM »
Hello dudes.
These are some spriteworks done by me, depicting SotN if it had been ported to the NES. Some considerations are important:

-I know that it's pratically impossible to do what I did on the real NES. My intention is more to "imitate" the NES style than to do a complete, 100% NES limited art. It's an artwork intended for "imagining", not "developing".

-Alucard is made of two sprites, Mega-Man style. One for himself, another for his cape, which can change colors depending on what he is wearing. I'm still thinking if it would not be cooler to change his darkest color to depict the current cape instead of having a new sprite, like the old games used to do when wanting to show you that the character had a different equipment on. Oh well~

-Palette color-count on screen/per object, and tile-sizes/positioning were respected. HOWEVER real NES hardware palette limitations were not... Probably... A NES game palette is not free to pick an choose any color you want. It requires you to choose a set of colors from a pre-determined palette, then choosing the RGB inclination of hues and saturation for these colors you have choosen for the game. It's pretty obvious I simply picked any color that fancied me, even though most of then came from the original NES palette... Probably...

-I did my best to respect the 256 bg tile-count per screenshot, but considering the nature of the game, this is one of the aspects that demonstrate how it'd be impossible on the real NES. The "Load CD" room being the greatest offender of the 256 bg tile-count rule. Even though a friend of mine counted the tiles and said they were ok, I'm still pretty sure it goes beyond the limit somewhere...

-In my defense I scream "Summer Carnival '92 Recca!" and may the art gods be with me xD

This could be translated with NES styled graphics. Someone should take this project up and you do the sprites for it because they all look great!

Offline Bel

• Fiolina Lecarde
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1063 on: December 28, 2013, 07:26:09 PM »
Ha, that Richter sprite looks a lot like a prototype NES Richter I had made a long time ago. Same colors, even!  :o

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1064 on: December 28, 2013, 09:04:13 PM »
Thank you all for the input guys.

Ha, that Richter sprite looks a lot like a prototype NES Richter I had made a long time ago. Same colors, even!  :o

I will have you know that I specifically searched for Richter 8-bit sprites models to avoid. Also I found yours and Jorge's, and I was kinda sad with myself because I though mine looked extremelly amateurish and unpolished. Even so, I pressed on. I really hope you don't think I've stolen your sprite, since the only one I have knowledge about is a mostly "white-ish" one. Also, it'd be really dumb of me to steal your work and post it here where you dwell (and other people are well aware about it).

Also, your work is fantastic. Love your whip animations.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

anything