Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406114 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Since everyone's throwing out random numbers, I'll say late 2014/early 2015 sounds bout right

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Versus XIII.

That's when the Mayan calendar actually ends.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I'm pretty sure it's already coming out this year. That was my impression at least.

Offline Weiss Belmont

• The Power of Legend
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Since everyone's throwing out random numbers, I'll say late 2014/early 2015 sounds bout right

From my pov I don't think any of us are just throwing out random numbers for fun or anything. Rather we've been given different information from different sources which is something you'd expect from a high-profile game. On my end I didn't know that the dates on Gamestops website were just placeholders. Hence the reason I thought the game was originally set for February 2013 since that was the date Gamestop had in October 2012.

Offline sannyclause

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
HO HO HO i think it will be released fall this year since the first game was released in october :)

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
fall this year , for versus ... they made this game for our grandsons

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Versus is not a game and it has never existed. We all got trolled by nice cgi, again.
LoS is coming fall this year, or a little bit earlier, with new consoles coming this fall I'm sure Konami will try to avoid a Curse of Darkness case when new console sales canibalized any interest in the game.

Edit: LoS Facebook page wrote something like "The world didn't end in 2012 because I will return in 2013" with a LoS2 screenshot.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:57:18 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Edit: LoS Facebook page wrote something like "The world didn't end in 2012 because I will return in 2013" with a LoS2 screenshot.

I'll have to admit, that's a catchy phrase.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #1643 on: January 12, 2013, 06:42:52 AM »
+1
Everything comes out before Versus XIII does.

Kingdom Hearts 3 might come out after Versus XIII.
Squeenix just carry on with the in between stuff and delay the major releases til oblivion.

As for LoS, maybe for fall of this year if they are fast regarding the finishing or next year if they are not.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #1644 on: January 12, 2013, 08:43:49 AM »
Kingdom Hearts 3 might come out after Versus XIII.
Squeenix just carry on with the in between stuff and delay the major releases til oblivion.

As for LoS, maybe for fall of this year if they are fast regarding the finishing or next year if they are not.

I think Nomura confirmed that Kingdom Hearts III will come after Versus XIII.

Considering the trailer for LoS2, looking like it's in a pretty decent built, with QTE gameplay pretty nicely done, and the fact that voice recording's already been done, I'd say fall 2013 is a pretty good release date.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline kaiwai

• Old Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
  • There is no vampire in Belgium!!
    • WEarePES.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Not to mention that Oscar Araujo is actually going to add some synths in his music.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
I expect atleast 1 classic music, but I doubt that this wish will be fullfiled
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Hagathrom

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Seeing as the PS4, is being released later this year; I'm guessing that the PS3/PS4/XBox360/PC Launch date for LOS2 is going to be October/November 2013.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Seeing as the PS4, is being released later this year; I'm guessing that the PS3/PS4/XBox360/PC Launch date for LOS2 is going to be October/November 2013.
Hopefully there's a PS4 version, being a launch game will give it exposure.

How fast time passes huh? We're now waiting for the ending, and it was like yesterday when w just saw the first trailer of LoS.... oh the nostalgia

Everything comes full circle