Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406102 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
The Führer Cox is demanding his subordinates to work harder

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558590

Some numbers:

Symphony of the Night 475k
Circle of the Moon 450k
Lament 350k
Castlevania 64 - 350k
Dawn 275k
Portrait 225k
Dracula X PSP 200k
Curse 200k
Order 175k
Aria 150k (missing reprint sales)
Harmony 125k
Chronicle (PS1) 75k
Castlevania Darkness 64 - 50k
Judgment 25k

And considering that the budget of LoS was bigger than all these other games combined... lol

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
The Führer Cox is demanding his subordinates to work harder
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558590

Some numbers:

Circle of the Moon 450k
Lament 350k
Castlevania 64 - 350k
Dawn 275k
Portrait 225k
Dracula X PSP 200k
Curse 200k
Order 175k
Harmony 125k
Chronicle (PS1) 75k
Judgment 25k

And considering that the budget of LoS was bigger than all these other games combined... lol
those are budget numbers?

Yikes did the budget go down the drain for the series...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)

Yikes did the budget go down the drain for the series...
Nope, US sales numbers.

Another -1 slaughter to me.. -20 in two hours.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:14:06 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Sales? well they seem sort of all over the place.

Chronicle (PS1) 75k
Judgment 25k

These in particular, sold like shit.

lets organize them in order of release, and not units sold

Castlevania 64 - 350k
Circle of the Moon 450k
Chronicle (PS1) 75k
Harmony 125k
Lament 350k
Dawn 275k
Curse 200k
Portrait 225k
Dracula X PSP 200k
Order 175k
Judgment 25k

Judgement is unsurprising, LoD probably people felt burned by CV64, Chronicles I don't get, I thought it was an alright game. Did people just not want another CV1 remake?

I'm AMAZED Dawn sold better than Aria. Probably because despite it's failings, (many) the gameplay WAS pretty solid. (and perhaps IGA's kiddie appeal worked on some level?)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 11:04:40 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I think Dawn got the Aria fans plus it is a new castlevania for a new system. I think it being a sequel to the highly acclaimed Aria, people's curiousity helped fuel its sales more than the kiddie anime style.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Dawn was released at the release window, so yeah... not surprising. After that, only the core fans remained, hence 175k for Ecclesia.

The numbers from NPD for LoS are less than SOTN. But we still have Japan and Europe to count, so... it's possible that LoS is the best selling game in the series.

The budget of the game was higher than the other games too, much higher that it's not even funny to compare... I dunno what Iga could do with a budget that high... regardless, we got LoS, now to wait for it to die to see where the series will go after it.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
The budget of the game was higher than the other games too, much higher that it's not even funny to compare... I dunno what Iga could do with a budget that high... regardless, we got LoS, now to wait for it to die to see where the series will go after it.
Amen!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

Not only that, but also more developing time. Remember MoF first release date? It was fall, but instead of releasing the game, they pushed back the release date, so that they coul polish the game, not that it made much of a difference on the final product  :P but with Iga, this have never happened, they were pressing them to release it's game as soon as possibly they could, even with SoTN.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Quote from: Dave Cox
Editing this week.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:24:30 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Ha looks like Kain from the Soul Reaver CGI intro

Everything comes full circle

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)

Gabriel Belmont is just somebody I used to know... He looks like a Goddamn Metal Guitarist/Singer.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Man, wow, this game looks way better than LoS. The new graphics engine is going to look amazing for current gen hardware, especially right before the new gen.

If it's one thing I will never take any shame in, it's commending the brilliant artists at Mercury Steam.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

@CastlevaniaLOS PLEASE tell me you're gonna go out with a boom on current gen, instead of waiting over to next gen,
@MythologicUk - We are... No plans for next gen.