Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406071 times)

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Now i'm wondering what the surprises would be...
more recycled lines from other CV games?

The final question of the interview, could MS be really in charge of Contra?

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
The final question of the interview, could MS be really in charge of Contra?

please no

I mean I like the LoS games so far, but I don't want a gritty grimdark Contra with sub 25 FPS and QTEs.

...Oh who am I kidding? I'll buy it no matter who makes it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 04:16:42 PM by Munchy »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I mean I like the LoS games so far, but I don't want a gritty grimdark Contra with sub 25 FPS and QTEs.

It'll prolly just be a Gears of War clone..

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
You're being nominated for an award, whether you like it or not  >:(

Can I assume it's a bad award based on the emoticon there? xD

I have listed at least 6 games that does 3D platforming right. Real 3D platforming, as in skill based, where you start from the beginning if you fuck up, where need to go up again if you fall. There are LOTS of ways to do 3D platforming besides the shit we see here in LoS and other modern games.

It IS possible to do combat while doing this modern climbing... God of War does this since the first game. And considering in LoS you have aerial combat, the game could have real platforming if they actually tried a different approach. But they choose to not have platforming on it (in LoS 1).

I don't think I've ever played a 3d game with platforming as good as 2d. And I'm not talking about fighting while shimmying or climbing, I'm talking about having Medusa heads coming at you while trying to platform and stuff like that. Fighting while climbing isn't a big dral. It's like a gimped version of standard fighting.

I'll admit LoS1's platforming is a bit gimped but again, 3d hasn't ever really been a great medium for platforming IMO. So I'm okay with it.

Super Mario 64 would like a word. Anyway, like Maedhros said, there's no reason for them to completely segregate platforming and combat.
Ill have to play it again. I wasn't amazed by it last time I did.

Again, I've never played a 3d game with platforming as good as 2d. So while I'd like to see a mix, I understand why they don't do it all that often.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
This game is going to be another God of War clone.

The only reason for me to be excited for this game is because Cocks said he is done with Castlevania after this. Things can only get better once they give the franchise back to IGA.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Things can only get better once they give the franchise back to IGA.
HA!
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Things can only get better once they give the franchise back to IGA.
I'm so laughing at this, but future will tell.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well ya can't really knock the guy for being optimistic, even if wishing for IGA's return is unlikely.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:05:22 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Say what you want about IGA, but at least he knows what a Castlevania game is. Really can't say the same at all for Cocks other than him taking names from previous games and just pasting them onto random characters. Also Ape Simon Belmont. I actually can't wait  for LoS 2 to come out. If they don't give Castlevania to IGA, they should give it to Platinum games.

Hell, give ME the rights to Castlevania. I'd be able to direct a Castlevania game that would blow your minds. All of you.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:44:23 AM by Rugal »
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Can I assume it's a bad award based on the emoticon there? xD

I don't think I've ever played a 3d game with platforming as good as 2d. And I'm not talking about fighting while shimmying or climbing, I'm talking about having Medusa heads coming at you while trying to platform and stuff like that. Fighting while climbing isn't a big dral. It's like a gimped version of standard fighting.

I'll admit LoS1's platforming is a bit gimped but again, 3d hasn't ever really been a great medium for platforming IMO. So I'm okay with it.
Ill have to play it again. I wasn't amazed by it last time I did.

Again, I've never played a 3d game with platforming as good as 2d. So while I'd like to see a mix, I understand why they don't do it all that often.
I agree to some extent, 3D platforming hasn't been done right in it's entirety. Some games have great ideas, but none incorporate all of them and innovate them into something better. I really think it's something developers should focus on more. It's like scientist working on a cure for Cancer or AIDs then after making some interesting steps forward, just dropping it to do other stuff. If it's going to benefit mankind, just keep on GOING. Same with this, I can only believe a perfected form of 3D platforming would benefit gaming as a whole. You just need the right programmers able to "fight the good fight" and work at it until it's finally accomplished. It has to be someone willing to say, "No, I'm not going to give up until I reach my goal in perfecting it. I'm not going to say, 'Okay, let's just use a tweaked God of War or Mario 64 platform system.'. Just do it until it's DONE!".

I mean, not all great experiences of gaming became that way fromt he advent of video games. Little by little, all genres were being innovated, fat was trimmed and the cream of the crop was made BETTER. That's because a lot of designers and programmers searched for ways to make the gaming experience more fun. Truly, if there was any genre that deserved that dedication, 3D platformers are.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Pretty much all the Super Mario games (64, Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2, 3DLand) have topnotch 3D platforming.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Well ya can't really knock the guy for being optimistic, even if wishing for IGA's return is unlikely.

Hmmm, want to bet?  :)

+/- 100 respect points for who wins or loses.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 10:29:11 AM by Nagumo »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
I would be very surprised if IGA comes back. And even if Konami asked him, how can you be so sure IGA even wants to come back? Maybe he's working on an original game of his own right now? I bet that would be more exciting for him than make another Castlevania which is more like a torch that's being passed on, or so they say.

My guess is that the next Castlevania will come from another pitch. Best prototype wins. I hope From Software, WayForward or Platinum gets a shot at it. Or even CD Projekt. Or Armature! That would be pretty cool. But it's probably gonna be someone we've never heard of before.

But who knows? Maybe now that Castlevania is back in the mainstream spotlight again (debatable, I know...), Konami will want to see another IGAvania, portable for sure. The portable IGAvanias were always well recieved by critics. The only thing they failed to do was sell a lot of copies. Then again, so did Mirror of Fate.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 10:58:32 AM by shelverton. »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

+/- 100 respect points for who wins or loses.

You're on! Easiest +100 ever.

As for the rules, an iOS game doesn't count, it has to be either a 3DS game or a PS4, XBone, PC and/or Wii U Castlevania game produced by IGA (also no current gen/last gen console included so PS3 and 360 are out). If the next developer is not IGA, I get +100 rp, bonus +100 more if it's a western developer.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:01:39 AM by Kingshango »

anything