Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406173 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
It's official name is Vampire Warrior, not Vampire Orc though. Althought it does look orcish.

Wish I could post the picture of him but I can't atm but he's seen in the trailers getting a mouthful of sword.
Yeah i've seen it it looks cool, we already know how lesser vampires look in loS

Everything comes full circle

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
It's official name is Vampire Warrior, not Vampire Orc though. Althought it does look orcish.

Wish I could post the picture of him but I can't atm but he's seen in the trailers getting a mouthful of sword.

Anyhow, im surprised people out surprised that QTE's are returning. I thought it was a foregone conclusion by now. Hell everything from the first game is returning, shimmying, plank walking (although there's no need to balance yourself) orchestral hollywood esq music. The only things that are different are the camera control, the void and chaos powers and it's open world.

I say expect the expected when it comes to this game and nevermind the unexpected.
Not surprised, but disappointed.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Errrrrrr, the Vampire "ORC" you can see in all trailers of LOS2... is cool... Gabriel jump and kill him with the void sword.. seriously, it's a good design, I do not see the problem....

On the other hand seems to be no time travel, young Trevor is a "ghost" of the castle (Carmilla?). I guess all the current state of the castle is related to the Toymaker, I guess that Gabriel has to regain all his power. The game looks good, although I do not like the white wolf was Gabriel (I know I know, it was obvious from the medallion) but still thought it might be Alucard.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:46:41 PM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

Eh not that bad, cool, even.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
Dave Cox: Lords of Shadow 2 is 'the last one for us'
Next Castlevania will have to come from new team
http://www.destructoid.com/dave-cox-lords-of-shadow-2-is-the-last-one-for-us--258461.phtml

Once we’ve done that, it’s time to say to somebody else, 'now it’s your turn.' Maybe it will be a young producer in the company looking for his first break. I think you’ve got to bring in fresh blood.

Young producer, first break and fresh blood. What kind of the future Castlevania comes?
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Or hagihara could return, I wouldn't be mad at all.
(click to show/hide)

Hope they get to an awesome neew team of young people that can take care of the series for a long time, hopefully a multicultural one (a mix of japan and west) and of course an ambitious scope.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I think that IGA's time to make the 1999 demon castle wars game, and that's it. Mercurysteam is doing a great job with Castlevania and from this time on, ''seriousness'' should be in the games.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Im all for new fresh developers working on Castlevania after LOS2 is done instead of just giving it back to IGA, hell the first Castlevania was practically done by young college graduates. But if he does come back. (and that's a big IF at this point) he can only do the Demon Castle War. No more bs, no prequel to Dracula's Curse, no sequel to SOTN, no filler story about Jonathan going to Vietnam to track down Dracula's castle in the jungle then coming back home with a very bad case of PTSD, which turns out to be Dracula's spirit tormenting his dying soul as a twist and call it "Castlevania Heart of Darkness."

It's Demon Castle War of 1999 or bust.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 08:42:22 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Some of Mercury Steam's character designs/art direction + game design that is actually Castlevania = good to go.

I just hope LoS didn't convince Konami people enjoy QTEs and any other notes taken from God of War as the new idea of what Castlevania is. I would be more than OK with IGA's team back with an actual budget so they could create the 1999 game we've all been clamoring for for years.

If Konami is going to be done with the original timeline, then I hope we can finally see it off with the climatic game we've all been dreaming of.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 producer Dave Cox has dropped hints that Konami is looking beyond Mercury Steam’s game by stressing that the publisher has to make further improvements in the ‘next one’. He added that Mercury Steam will not be involved in the unannounced project.

Worst case scenario: Someone else makes another sequel in the LoS series.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:15:05 AM by OSM »

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
So it seems Cox is still overseeing the series then huh?

Not sure what to feel about that tbh, but hey a least we're getting a new developer working on a new Castlevania, here's hoping for Wayforward.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Double Helix or Ninja Theory would be the top two worst candidates to take over the series. Give it to From Software or Platinum Games.

After Mirror of Fate, I am really going to miss Mercury Steam's art direction. They gave us the best Simon, Trevor, Alucard, and Dracula designs to date. Even the beastiary looked great. Honorable mention to the Night Watchman, probably one of the coolest looking bosses in the whole series.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:00:27 AM by OSM »

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
My bet, a young and new Japanese team of Konami. And the game "Demon Castle War" or a prequel to this (to finish in the following), bet on safe.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Double Helix or Ninja Theory would be the top two worst candidates to take over the series. Give it to From Software or Platinum Games.

It's no secret by now that Konami goes for the cheap developers to work on their games. So the top worst candidates to us may be the top best candidates in Konamii's eyes. Im not sue how expensive From is but Platinum only got MGR because Kojima, their golden goose, requested it. So unless Kojima has any input, Castlevania could go to the worst developers in the world and Konami wouldn't give a single fuck.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I don't care which developer takes the series next, I just want them to return to the classic canon. And no, 1999 isn't the only story that's left untold.