Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406181 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
@Lelygax: I fixed the -1 in your previous post.

Thanks, I didnt even noticed that I got a -1 (for a random reason that I dont know) :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
I dunno... if it had turned into just Curse of Darkness but with more levels and slightly better graphics, maybe it was a good call.

If on the other hand, the folks making it were able to improve highly on level design, then it would really be a shame. But I guess we'll never know now.
At least we could have had another memorable soundtrack like Curse of Darkness.

Thanks, I didnt even noticed that I got a -1 (for a random reason that I dont know) :)
You are welcome.
Funny thing is I got -1 just for doing that, from someone who have the sport of voting -1 every time I say something he disagrees, mostly about LoS, but more funny than that is that he never explains why the -1, nor he states he disagrees with my post or why.
It's not Ahasverus or Flame, by the way. Those are cool people.
Anyway, whatever.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Return of Satan on Earth + Battle between Zobek and Dracula officially confirmed: http://www.geekscape.net/interview-castlevania-producer-david-cox

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
sometimes I -1 without explanation.  just over heavy disagreement where ive discussed it to death.

for example, and no offense pfil, but the blind faith/praise in iga's alucard 3d game.. we know nothing about it, but i see people say we should have gotten it instead of los, despite knowing iga's rather bad record with 3d vanias. not to mention it was a 360 game pith that lpoked like late ps2 graphics.

between a bad but "faithful" game and a "different" but good game, od pick the latter.

im more than willing to give iga another chance in 3d, but at the time, i dont think he would have been the best choice. too soon after judgement.  he needed time to get his shit together. and we needed new blood... something fresh.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
im more than willing to give iga another chance in 3d, but at the time, i dont think he would have been the best choice. too soon after judgement.  he needed time to get his shit together. and we needed new blood... something fresh.

While Judgment suffer from terrible character designs, it has an interesting story, about Galamoth. The so fresh blood, in my opinion, didn't made a big difference, because while it has better graphics, interesting story, has nothing more or less in common with what the series are known for and Cox compared to Iga, in my eyes he will always be a looser as character, because when people criticized Iga, Iga never spoke ill of them or the fans, he just accepted the errors/mistakes he was accused for, instead Cox, said that we have the fans we wanted to have, we can't please everyone, so screw those who are bitching, also Iga didn't banned anyone for speaking bad of him or making a joke on him, like Cox did on his twitter with Nagumo.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Hey, I dont believe that I will say that but... I think I agree with Flame! :O
Imagine if while we endured all this time with Cox reigning, IGA was brainstorming new stories, gameplay ideas and shit for new CV games? This atleast gave more time so he can take a break, rest and have new ideas.

I never thought about that before, so I can be wrong and maybe stupid right now to think like that for the first time lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
sometimes I -1 without explanation.  just over heavy disagreement where ive discussed it to death.

for example, and no offense pfil, but the blind faith/praise in iga's alucard 3d game.. we know nothing about it, but i see people say we should have gotten it instead of los, despite knowing iga's rather bad record with 3d vanias. not to mention it was a 360 game pith that lpoked like late ps2 graphics.

between a bad but "faithful" game and a "different" but good game, od pick the latter.

I see your point, and no offense taken.
I thought the Alucard game was going to be another Curse of Darkness, and that was great for me, personally.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Imagine if while we endured all this time with Cox reigning, IGA was brainstorming new stories, gameplay ideas and shit for new CV games? This atleast gave more time so he can take a break, rest and have new ideas.

Ahhhh~ It would be really awesome if it happens.  8)

I thought the Alucard game was going to be another Curse of Darkness, and that was great for me, personally.

I never thought of it that way.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Confirmed in this new article: we will get to play for a bit as Alucard after all.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/system-update-thoughts-men-behind-castlevania-lords-shadow-2-article-1.1409685
Depending how the game plays out, having Alucard becoming playable in a new game+ would be awesome.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I expect that they dont plan to do the Alucard part of the story be a DLC.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
willing to bet his gameplay will be pretty similar to Gabe, but minus the whip, and mainly the sword.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

That's everything I wanted. Now I'm sure someone can even do a mod for make Alucard the main character in the game if they don't include that in the first place (which would be really stupid).

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Call me a skeptic but I think the article meant Dracula, especially when the article said "Expect to be shocked and maybe even annoyed when playing as Alucard." Why on earth would we be shocked and annoyed about playing as Alucard for? If anything we'd be ecstatic to play as him, not annoyed. Plus Cox said repeatedly that Dracula will be the only playable character.

But then again developers tend to do that for example (warning, spoiler for a recently released game)
(click to show/hide)

So I wouldn't be shocked if Cox is shitting through his teeth and Alucard is playable in some form in LOS2, it's almost a foregone conclusion even.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Yes please, Trevor mode >>>>>>>>>>>> regular Curse of Darkness

Everything comes full circle

anything