Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406182 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

Regardless, that'd put both film!Batman and Castlevania in the same spot: both of their futures are up in the air because their reboot trilogies are over/about to end.

Don't Say That, Dark Knight Rises has so many Plot-holes its not even funny.

Personally, I don't mind the LoS series, it gives us a new take on the story, gives us a Neo "Classic", and Soon let us play as Dracula himself.

My Only Hope is that the Future Castevania Games will be treated with such Detail, providing a major event in every story as opposed to Filler such as most of the Castlevania games in the Timeline, while they are nice, most serve absolutely no purpose in the Big Picture, then again, the big picture doesn't have much plot in itself.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I'll cut in to provide some news amidst the debate that seems to never end...

We will soon get a new extended trailer for LoS2.
http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/news.do?idNews=724

Oh and Coxee says we can air dodge in LoS2.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

I been wondering where is castle located anyway in LOS2? If large part of game connects to Modern era in which the city surrounds the castle then how do you access it?

Remember that white wolf that was shown in the trailer? In the Destructoid preview it said that Dracula uses the wolf to gain access to areas outside the castle.

I'll cut in to provide some news amidst the debate that seems to never end...

We will soon get a new extended trailer for LoS2.
http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/news.do?idNews=724

Oh and Coxee says we can air dodge in LoS2.

The initial trailer was long enough already, im guessing we'll get a extra minute or so with some new clips sprinkled in.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 06:12:52 AM by Kingshango »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I just hope the game doesn't get delayed until February or something. Although sometimes delays can be good in the long run (more time to iron out the bugs and glitches), am tired of waiting arghh!! *looks at Kingshango with deep anger in eyes* >:(

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
What is ''true Castlevania''?

There isn't a specific element, but many elements blended together, like music, aesthetic graphics, game play, enemies designs e.t.c.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
I can't wait to hear the new soundtrack of LOS2. Orchestra and techno music, so far sounds great

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Climax?
Anyone knows how the music will turn out with those developers? (at least some hints).
And how about the look?

Well they got Yamaoka for their 2 Silent Hills so they might get Yamane for their Castlevanias, given the case.
Anyway they are very respectful of the source material. To go no further: They were tasked with making the origin story of canonical Silent Hill, and nailed it. i'm really ok with them being the next devs.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Well they got Yamaoka for their 2 Silent Hills so they might get Yamane for their Castlevanias, given the case.
Anyway they are very respectful of the source material. To go no further: They were tasked with making the origin story of canonical Silent Hill, and nailed it. i'm really ok with them being the next devs.

I would also like to add that as plain as their Rocket Knight game was, it did have some neat tunes and they even did justice to the stage 1 theme for the original.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Sorry but I really tried to ignore this, but I couldnt

I've been playing cv games since 1992, so I understand the importance of Castlevania and I have played almost every game. As I said before, those emblematic themes, will still be there. Yes the games look more like hollywood productions, no, we will not forget any cv game. But nobody controls how konami will release cv games. We gotta play and create a judgement of the games. LOS is not in the grace of many just because it isn't sotn, don't have classic tunes and those arguments are extremely invalid and we as fans are being selfish to just expect games that only we can like. I believe we must give a rational judgement on the games and not just dislike it because it didn't contain ''vampire killer'' or ''bloody tears'' (I think that LoI and CoD have a very cool soundtracks) and I'm sure that CoD and LoI would receive the same reaction as LOS because it too did not have vampire killer and bloody tears. I think that there were remixes in those ost anyway

We already have CV Judgement...
Seriously now, I dont see anything "invalid" here, the moment that you stop hearing opinions from the others you become a close minded person. If you took your time to at least read 3 post you would know that we dont need another SOTN nor remixes to a new CV game be good. Also its not about forget or remember, we want it to vividly acts as a CV game.

Also, focusing in this
and we as fans are being selfish to just expect games that only we can like.

We dont have been born as CV fans, we have in some point at our life known about this and then became a fan because of CV traits. So its difficult to we be selfish about that, you are a fan of CV and if it changes too drastically, you are fan of something else that tries to be CV (Im not talking about LoS now, Im talking of everything that tries to do that, in any franchise).
 Its like if we pick a orange and say "hey, I like oranges" and then his friend says that prefer apples. Then a third guy hear this, creates a apple that looks like a orange and say "hey, try that one". Obviously this guy will eat it thinking its a real orange when its truly isnt, and will like it, but whenever he tries to eat any other real orange he will not like it and simply will not know why. About the first guy, that one that likes oranges, if he eat that fake orange he will instantly knows that there is something wrong, its not the real thing.

Orange's boy: real fans from a franchise.
Apple's boy: newcomers tricked into a franchise, they dont like the real thing.
Fake Orange's/Disguised Apple's boy: companies that try to trick more people in playing his franchise, showing something that isnt true to his franchise and trying to become something else.

What happens then? Apple's boy wants more oranges that arent real oranges, but he doesnt know the truth and dont want to accept it. Then the shit hit the fan and the fanbase division begins.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
I've been playing cv games since 1992, so I understand the importance of Castlevania and I have played almost every game. As I said before, those emblematic themes, will still be there. Yes the games look more like hollywood productions, no, we will not forget any cv game. But nobody controls how konami will release cv games. We gotta play and create a judgement of the games. LOS is not in the grace of many just because it isn't sotn, don't have classic tunes and those arguments are extremely invalid and we as fans are being selfish to just expect games that only we can like. I believe we must give a rational judgement on the games and not just dislike it because it didn't contain ''vampire killer'' or ''bloody tears'' (I think that LoI and CoD have a very cool soundtracks) and I'm sure that CoD and LoI would receive the same reaction as LOS because it too did not have vampire killer and bloody tears. I think that there were remixes in those ost anyway
Bloody Tears? Vampire Killer? You are very new here. You wouldn't otherwise misunderstand my point.
I couldn't care less about themes I've already heard a million times. I want NEW MUSIC that sounds like Castlevania.
And I love CoD and LoI, by the way. And CoD is one of my favourite Castlevania soundtracks ever, together with Portrait of Ruin, Order of Eclessia and SotN.
No we don't need another SotN. We need more ClassicVania and MetroidVania, that look and sound like CV.
Unless you are doing it deliberately, you can't fail to understand that.
Also, be careful with expressions like "invalid argument". It reminds me of a certain user we used to have here.
I would add a large text, but Lelygax has already made a marvelous comparison.

Sorry but I really tried to ignore this, but I couldnt

We already have CV Judgement...
Seriously now, I dont see anything "invalid" here, the moment that you stop hearing opinions from the others you become a close minded person. If you took your time to at least read 3 post you would know that we dont need another SOTN nor remixes to a new CV game be good. Also its not about forget or remember, we want it to vividly acts as a CV game.

Also, focusing in this
 We dont have been born as CV fans, we have in some point at our life known about this and then became a fan because of CV traits. So its difficult to we be selfish about that, you are a fan of CV and if it changes too drastically, you are fan of something else that tries to be CV (Im not talking about LoS now, Im talking of everything that tries to do that, in any franchise).
 Its like if we pick a orange and say "hey, I like oranges" and then his friend says that prefer apples. Then a third guy hear this, creates a apple that looks like a orange and say "hey, try that one". Obviously this guy will eat it thinking its a real orange when its truly isnt, and will like it, but whenever he tries to eat any other real orange he will not like it and simply will not know why. About the first guy, that one that likes oranges, if he eat that fake orange he will instantly knows that there is something wrong, its not the real thing.

Orange's boy: real fans from a franchise.
Apple's boy: newcomers tricked into a franchise, they dont like the real thing.
Fake Orange's/Disguised Apple's boy: companies that try to trick more people in playing his franchise, showing something that isnt true to his franchise and trying to become something else.

What happens then? Apple's boy wants more oranges that arent real oranges, but he doesnt know the truth and dont want to accept it. Then the shit hit the fan and the fanbase division begins.
Amen to that.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
That's good news, then.
Thanks for the info!  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Air dodge? Awesome.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Yeah, that's something that was missing from the first game. If you were in midair, you were completely open to attacks and if you were attacked, you would get hit and wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

It would be nice if it was either as mist or a teleport and that you would be able to continue a combo after said air dodge.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards

Agreed. I want to see how that works out. It may help improve combat flow greatly.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
A LoS2 PC shot by Cox.

http://twitpic.com/d6tzvg/full

Is that an S series Vaio?
Edit: Yup it is.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 02:07:39 AM by Shiroi Koumori »