Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406071 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I used spoiler too, but they opened it anyway. I should have made Soma seal it  :P

Uhm, doesn't Soma unseal stuff?

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Uhm, doesn't Soma unseal stuff?
If he unseals he can seal, I guess...
I mean, if I open a door I can close it, right?  :P
Don't mind me, I'm all sleepy right now -.-
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Lol but isn't sealing stuff :P kinda of difficult in Dawn of Sorrow. You know since the appearance of Side weapons is confirmed for Lord of Shadows 22 and its also confirmed that its going to be much more then Lord of Shadows as well as upgrades for your three weapons. I guess I am wondering what side weapons will be for Dracula in Lord of Shadows 2? I can imagine mist will be one of them like Alucard? But I guess what about others?  Also its mentioned that you will have to find upgrades and relics? What are relics, do they mean stuff like Speed boots? Would love if one of the side weapons is you could summon enemies ala Castlevania Curse of Darkness :D

Also that Lord of Shadows SNES soundtrack is pretty epic, guy is a genius!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:29:43 AM by Trevorcard »

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
+2
I would imagine that one of the sub weapons would be a way to slow down if not stop time temporarily. It's a classic sub weapon and even Alucard had it in MoF. Seeing how LoS1 and MoF both had 4 sub weapons for characters, I would guess that we will have 4 in LoS2. So, assuming that one is a stop watch like weapon, I would guess that the others are possibly mist form, wolf form, and a bat form. Just my thoughts. I'm probably way off.

All I care about right now is playing with the void sword and demon gauntlets and seeing what their upgrades are. Not to mention that Gabriel/Dracula is seems to move much faster than he was in LoS1 (not surprising seeing how he is a vampire in this game).

I'm just full of anticipation for anything new revealed!!! I heard that a new trailer is coming out soon. If that's the case, when does it come out?
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
You know I am glad we have only three weapons. In other Hack and Slash games like GOW or DMC, there are too many weapons and usually only two or three good ones. So its good they limited them, better the quality. I am hoping we see some new sub weapons different from Alucard in order to differentiate him. Hope the mist form for Dracula works the same it did for Laura in the Reverie DLC. Also I hope the sub weapons intermix with light and dark magic like in Lord of Shadows to have some cool effects! I hope the trailer actually shows a lot of new stuff and not just some glorified extended trailer with 1 minute extra  :-\

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
It would be good if we could play with Gabula in a dragon form.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Well in the destructoid article it says there are relics you can collect to turn into a Dragon which I think for a limited time :D. Hopefully you can fly too and burn fire and shit :D. You know since we know we can play as other characters people been talking about Alucard but it would be cool if we can play as new belmont making it like play Lord of Shadows 1 with limited sub weapons!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Yeah, since its open world, imagine a GTA where you control a fucking dragon, that would be great :O
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I remember when everyone here thought the first LoS was gonna be Super Castlevania IV in 3D, like they promised

if you have a lot of high hopes for LoS2 such as female Belmonts and additional playable characters and boss rush mode and remixes, prepare to be disappointed. It's best to keep your expectations realistic imo
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 04:24:46 PM by crisis »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
It was a joke, remember that I've disliked LoS and MoF, so I will only give a chance for this game when it launches, but I dont expect anything from it, at least not yet. :P

thanks for the tip anyway.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I remember when everyone here thought the first LoS was gonna be Super Castlevania IV in 3D, like they promised

if you have a lot of high hopes for LoS2 such as female Belmonts and additional playable characters and boss rush mode and remixes, prepare to be disappointed. It's best to keep your expectations realistic imo
I still think parts of it feel like SCIV 3D.

But that's just me.

That said though, keeping expectations realistic is good advice. Don't expect anything too "good to be true".

I mean, Im looking forward to LoS2, but I'm not expecting female belmonts playable Alucard, etc. I'm expecting a good LoS Game with hopefully a satisfying conclusion to the story, and good gameplay that improves upon 1 and 1.5

I do expect, as is tradition, knowing Cox and MS, some sort of SoTN nod here or there, (line drop, name drop, that sort of thing)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
You know I am glad we have only three weapons. In other Hack and Slash games like GOW or DMC, there are too many weapons and usually only two or three good ones. So its good they limited them, better the quality. I am hoping we see some new sub weapons different from Alucard in order to differentiate him. Hope the mist form for Dracula works the same it did for Laura in the Reverie DLC. Also I hope the sub weapons intermix with light and dark magic like in Lord of Shadows to have some cool effects! I hope the trailer actually shows a lot of new stuff and not just some glorified extended trailer with 1 minute extra  :-\
I think these 3 weapons will create another problem: Color coded enemies. This shit sucks. We see this already with the enemies with shield. First you need to break their shields with the gauntlets or the sword (probably, that wasn't on the demo, but on the game we will see)... Just like Satan in LoS, actually, only every fucking time. Maybe I'm wrong though... I hope

@Flame
We already have a SOTN nod on the demo, the "Little pile of secrets", completely out of context. It would be better if he kept his trap shut.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:15:25 PM by Maedhros »

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
So, something of a slight confusion hit me just a few minutes ago... So in the original canon Alucard is a Dampire (half human/vampire). But does this mean in the Lords of Shadows universe that this time, instead of being a Dampire, he is a full blooded vampire?

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Yes.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I am keeping my expectations realistic but I am just going with what these articles have said so far. And they have mentioned collecting relics to be Dracula and playable characters other then him for certain points which mean you could play as Belmont or Alucard. At very least I expect this to be much better then LOS a game I enjoyed :D.

I think it won't be like that certaintly the demo showed the armor at some point but I doubt it will be colored coded enemies. In Lord of Shadows only the Pan and Satan fight had you fight in color coded fashion and I can expect you to only do that in certain fights. I am looking forward to these three weapons as long s it doesn't devolve into tediousness of color codeness and switching weapons that plagued DMC.
in
Dave Cox mentioned that if Alucard took blood, he would turn back to looking like Trevor in MOF. I wonder how circumstances of him drinking blood will come about? Will Alucard have a love interest in the game that will give him blood to be empowered to fight Dracula?