Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406165 times)

Offline somasworld

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
so if they say the release is winter that means Lords of Shadow 2 will be released
not before spring 2014 / march... :( ....little delays with every game...

it will never happened that a game come out before the release-window i think :(

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Ah yes, february. Or they can delay it further saying they have found bugs that they need to fix.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I'd perfer it to come out in mid January/February rather than December, there's too much coming out in the coming months and it would be lost in the skirmish of the heavy hitters releases and you know, the clash of the next gen consoles.

LOS2 coming out in the holiday aftermath months would be perfect and besides, hack n slash games tend to come out in Q1 anyway.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/16/konami-added-exploration-to-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-because-fans-asked-for-it/

New interview detailing the exploration aspects and optional boss battles. Cox states that first time someone goes through game will only see 50-60%, however I think I am going to add 10-15% to that statement since it was claimed that mirror of fate was going to be 16-20 hours and I clocked it in 14 hours with 100%.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/16/konami-added-exploration-to-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-because-fans-asked-for-it/

New interview detailing the exploration aspects and optional boss battles. Cox states that first time someone goes through game will only see 50-60%, however I think I am going to add 10-15% to that statement since it was claimed that mirror of fate was going to be 16-20 hours and I clocked it in 14 hours with 100%.
That's nice! 60% only? Something like Inverted Castle? Breakable walls? Secret puzzles (like the cogs from SOTN)? That's the shit that I love there, if I see here in LoS2... hnnnng!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
40% will be for a unlockable char/mode or DLC?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I think the game will be linear until certain point in which you will be given the option to either to continue the story or explore. I don't think there will be backtracking like in Metroidvania games, could be wrong. Yeah I am pretty excited about optional areas and boss fights.

I do think Cox has exaggerated before and I can understand being cynical towards him but I am optimistic for this game until proven otherwise :D

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Maybe its like Sonic and te Black Knight, you finish it one time and then discover (if you are smart you will discover it by itself before the revelation) that its not the real ending. You need to load the game after the fake credits to continue playing.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 07:16:09 PM by Koutei »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
OMG! They are really selling it, but the price.....  :'(

Relax Shiroi, that figure will have it in FNAC when it goes on sale the game. (I bet my left hand) .. only 6500 euros  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

About 60% in LOS2.... Wait, I get my guess ball, the game have about 20 hours, 25 if you go in tranquility. I do not believe any of Cox, when that other person confirm me then yes.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 05:35:40 AM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Bergaron is like our game's mafia informer, he discover things so fast :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
That's nice! 60% only? Something like Inverted Castle? Breakable walls? Secret puzzles (like the cogs from SOTN)? That's the shit that I love there, if I see here in LoS2... hnnnng!

Is it just me, or am I the only one who hates how Cox keeps on pressing the issue of "we are not going to take anyhting form SOTN nor make a metroidvania game"?

Does the guy dislike it that much that he has to stress this constantly?

No one is asking the guy to make a exact 3.D metroidvania, but if he wants to take some elements from it then at least own up to it.

Now thanks to this interview I fear there may be no backtracking to find extra stuff, more like someone else suggested earlier about there simply being alternate paths to take on your quest at a certain point.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
How extensive Beragon do you think the optional stuff is? If he saying optional boss battles and area it probably more then Lord of Shadow 1 but how much more that is question.

Honestly no I am not against it because the media on castlevania has tendency that when mercury steam said its going to have more exploration elements such as in Mirror of Fate or Lord of Shadow 2 people are saying its going to be 3D symphony of night which it isn't and I think that is why Cox and co have to clarify it. I doubt there will be backtracking but I do think there will be optional exploration which I am fine about :D. I love the story to be straightforward and for the exploration to be its own separate thing.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:48:29 AM by Trevorcard »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
Didn't Cox once say that LoS2 was gonna be built like Darksiders or Arkham City? He may say stuff that isn't always true, but if it's anything like those games, we're looking at something that is rather "open" in structure. They can't give us a linear action game with a couple of alternate paths now. (Except they totally can and we can't do anything about it. But I still have faith!)