Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406144 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3630 on: September 07, 2013, 04:07:33 AM »
I just tried Lair for like 1 hour and the game didn't convince me.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Hau auu~     

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3633 on: September 09, 2013, 01:15:52 PM »
Damm i put it in the wrong post x :P
my fault
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3634 on: September 09, 2013, 01:25:22 PM »
Damm i put it in the wrong post x :P
my fault

Haha, no harm done here, you can still post in the another one if you want. We dont have many news in this thread anyways, so even if its from LoS1 you've helped.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #3635 on: September 10, 2013, 12:11:18 AM »
Akumajo Dracula Lords of Shadow 2
http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201309100033/

Akumajo Dracula is back.

and, Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sadame no Makyō HD EDITION... Why is a title Akumajo Dracula/Castlevania different?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 12:19:14 AM by Koutei »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3636 on: September 10, 2013, 12:20:51 AM »
Akumajo Dracula is back.

Thanks for the info.
So... LoS2 is now the new canon?!?  :o

And, Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sadame no Makyo HD EDITION... what?

They are re-releasing it as a downloadable title for the PS3 and Xbox360 for those people who prefer to see the game in HD. Since the game was originally developed in HD.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #3637 on: September 10, 2013, 12:31:35 AM »
So... LoS2 is now the new canon?!?  :o
LoS2 is canon... In LoS timeline. hehe.

HD EDITION... what?
Sorry, I correct. Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sadame no Makyō HD EDITION... Why is a title Akumajo Dracula/Castlevania different?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 12:40:01 AM by Koutei »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3638 on: September 10, 2013, 01:07:06 AM »
LoS2 is canon... In LoS timeline. hehe.
Sorry, I correct. Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sadame no Makyō HD EDITION... Why is a title Akumajo Dracula/Castlevania different?

That is also what I'm wondering about. why don't they finish the entire LoS saga as Castlevania?

I am speculating:
*The main title change at the last game of that timeline may suggest an upcoming game that might be made by a Japanese team.
*or They might intend to make the LoS timeline replace the IGA timeline for upcoming games. (That's what I meant about a new canon)
*or They just want Japanese fans to know that LoS2 is still Akumajou. This is lame, hehehe.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3639 on: September 10, 2013, 06:38:15 AM »
Konami in japan going back and forth between castlevania and akumajo is really weird, especially doing it halfway through the LoS saga. If I was working with marketing at that company, my head would hurt really bad... Consistency, puhlease.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3640 on: September 10, 2013, 06:52:37 AM »
I think the person who decides the name is schizofrenic.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3641 on: September 10, 2013, 09:41:23 AM »
Probably. At least, outside of Japan, it always has and will be called Castlevania.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3642 on: September 10, 2013, 09:54:13 AM »
Now we have a Dracula and his castle, so... Well I don't know. (And I don't care, that's just a name to me.)

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3643 on: September 10, 2013, 10:16:46 AM »
That is also what I'm wondering about. why don't they finish the entire LoS saga as Castlevania?

I am speculating:
*The main title change at the last game of that timeline may suggest an upcoming game that might be made by a Japanese team.
*or They might intend to make the LoS timeline replace the IGA timeline for upcoming games. (That's what I meant about a new canon)
*or They just want Japanese fans to know that LoS2 is still Akumajou. This is lame, hehehe.

It has long been decided that LOS would be called Akumajo in Japan,  in this forum posted this new, LOS1 created confusion with his name in Japan and decided to adapt it so that everyone recognized as part of the Castlevania series in Japan.

Summary: do not be head explode, it's just a decision of markenting (and very old).
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3644 on: September 10, 2013, 01:17:50 PM »
It that is the case, and that comes along with LoS' music, I'm out.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.