Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406489 times)

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Wait why does Alucard have to die. I could see him surviving this story and everyone else dying.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #5191 on: January 19, 2014, 07:40:42 PM »
Wait, does something happens to Alucard?

Wait why does Alucard have to die. I could see him surviving this story and everyone else dying.

To clarify, I asked him does Alucard get more screentime or does he appear in a few scenes and then die a dog's death like most of the characters in the LOS games? And he answered that Alucard does get plenty of screentime and that he plays a pivotal role in the story.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Yeah I knew Alucard wasn't going to die like that. I wonder if there is Alucard boss battle?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I know Alucard has to die, but... :(
I always thought, that the last line of DoS suggested that Alucard would become the Dark Lord in the next sorrow game (out of neccessity or whatever) and that we'd have to kill him doing him a great sendoff. But alas, that didn't happen.
Because he's a vampire and hates his existence?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #5194 on: January 19, 2014, 08:09:12 PM »
Yeah I knew Alucard wasn't going to die like that. I wonder if there is Alucard boss battle?

Well crap, the one question that slipped my mind and forgot to ask. :(

Also, in related news, the game is all done and has gone gold.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5195 on: January 19, 2014, 08:12:21 PM »
Well crap, the one question that slipped my mind and forgot to ask. :(

Also, in related news, the game is all done and has gone gold.
That's exciting

Everything comes full circle

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I always thought, that the last line of DoS suggested that Alucard would become the Dark Lord in the next sorrow game (out of neccessity or whatever) and that we'd have to kill him doing him a great sendoff. But alas, that didn't happen.Because he's a vampire and hates his existence?
Meh. He will get use to it. He probably meet a hot LOS version of Maria Renard :P and feel better.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Alucard has to die to give the series closure. You can't just have Dracul die and Alucard stick around when there's no longer a purpose for his existence.

He keeps living because he's dedicated himself to destroying his father.

I mean, even classic Alucard went into an eternal slumber after CV3 to rid the world of his cursed bloodline.

This would be similar, except more permanent. Maybe whatever plot device allows Dracul to die allows him to die and move on as well?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
careful with the theories we write in this forum, MS and Konami are following and it seems they do not like that guesses in the theories.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, produced by Georges R. R. Martin.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5200 on: January 19, 2014, 11:28:37 PM »
+1
careful with the theories we write in this forum, MS and Konami are following and it seems they do not like that guesses in the theories.

Oh we know they're watching, in fact Alvarez was here a few days ago just lurking.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

What are they going to do, change the ending?

Oh god...this is Mass Effect 3 all over again!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
What are they going to do, change the ending?

Oh god...this is Mass Effect 3 all over again!

Wait, so that means to say, some of our theories did hit the bull's eye?
Ooooooohhhhh....

They cannot change the ending at this stage.

I always thought, that the last line of DoS suggested that Alucard would become the Dark Lord in the next sorrow game (out of neccessity or whatever) and that we'd have to kill him doing him a great sendoff. But alas, that didn't happen.Because he's a vampire and hates his existence?
I didn't think he would become the next dark lord, IGA could have meant that there's gonna be someone else assuming that position.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #5203 on: January 20, 2014, 02:24:45 AM »
Oh we know they're watching, in fact Alvarez was here a few days ago just lurking.

in Spanish I am very tired from work....

Lo se, me contactó por mensaje privado, quería que acabaran las filtraciones y de paso saber el nombre del topo, yo le dije la verdad... no hay realmente ningún topo, solo que se me da bien analizar e incluso le ofrecí a explicarle como había llegado a cada una de mis conclusiones (esta industria es jodidamente predecible, especialmente si has estado metido en el mundo de los negocios y el marketing, en realidad los gamers son como ovejas..), pero también entiendo que esto puede complicar la vida a algún empleado de MS y este no tener ni idea, lo he pensado y no vale la pena que por ejercer mi ejercitar mi imaginación un empleado se quede en paro, en España somos muy mal pensados y no se yo si se lo ha creido... así que dejo este "jueguecito" de contar cosas, total tampoco hay mucho que deducir ya y tampoco es que haya contado mucho..

Como ultima predicción aquí dejo mas o menos lo ultimo que le envié en un correo respuesta:

La ventana de hype de LOS2 es muy limitada, en Marzo la NextGen cobrará mucha fuerza con titulos de verdad y no juguetes y la vieja generacion casi caera en el olvido, tenemos a la vuelta de la esquina DarkSoul 2 (juego con publico muy similar al LOS2 y mismos formatos..) y Metal Gear V, lo dicho una ventana del hype muy pequeña apenas 2 semanas (y antes del lanzamiento oficial), si yo fuera el reponsable de marketing mi estrategia seria clara, este fin de semana (un mes antes del lanzamiento oficial) se pone en pre-venta en Steam, el viernes 24 (los viernes son ideales para estas noticias o novedades, quien sepa un poco de comercializacion de ocio ya sabrá porque...) mostraria el megatrailer, con Alucard, el Dragon, ToyMaker... un trailer badass. Un hype por las nubes y la pre-venta activada en steam (donde se concentraran la mitad de las ventas de este juego) como toque final y para quemar todas las naves porque dentro de 3 semanas se les acabo el hype y la atencion mediatica haría que la gente es que reacia a realizar pre-compras lo comprara, para eso, sacaria el MoF en Steam en una de estas dos modalidades,

A) En un pack con el LOS2 por 10/15 euros mas en el precio (poco probable),
B) Vendiendolo por separado en Steam por 20/25 euros pero al igual que en consolas dando acceso con su compra a la BETA de PC de LOS2.. no os extraña que no haya beta de PC..?? algo quieren hacer con ella  ;D

Me decanto mas bien por esta ultima porque da mas beneficios económicos y deja un campo mas abierto y menos criticable por los compradores para dentro de 1 año sacar una edicion definitiva con los 3 juegos y los DLC. En ambos casos tanto el A) como el B) el MoF estaria listo para jugarse en ese mismo momento, con lo cual los jugadores que no son fan de la pre-compra acabarian comprandolo porque tendrian algo con que jugar en ese momento.

Pero repito esto es lo que YO haria, que no tiene porque parecerse con la realidad...

Un placer gente.

"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
We are a Castlevania fanbase on a Castlevania forum discussing Castlevania games. We are awaiting a new Castlevania game. Guessing plot points and gameplay stuff is what we do.

And since there are so many varying games within the franchise, some of which we know the devs are fans of, or have recognized in the last two LoS games as references and eastereggs, (as well as just being genre and story savvy, and having a "hunch" for these things) It would not be surprising if we guessed some top secret plot twist.

I would mention the Alucard situation in MoF, but that simply wasn't hidden very well. A little misdirection could have gone a long way. AKA show some of him, maybe show some of him speaking, or just appearing in a cutscene. hiding him the way they did, while releasing his design, was very peculiar for such a fan favorite character, which led to speculation as to why, which led to analysis of his design, which was similar to Trevor's, and well, there you go.

Also the fact that after LoS1 and Cox's misdirection attempts there, anything he says or denies automatically gets considered a lie or more misdirection.

So saying "No, Trevor is not Alucard", automatically had people thinking "Trevor must be Alucard"

I apologize if the devs who lurk here don't like that we are trying to guess their story, but it comes with the territory of being CV fans, and they should expect that.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.