Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406210 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Why is everyone assuming that if the final battle is Gabriel vs. Dracula, we control Gabriel? Considering that since we are playing through the game as Dracula, it's more likely that we be controlling Dracula and fighting Gabriel. If that is the case, how do they separate? Many of you think that after the battle with Satan at the end of LoS1, Gabriel's good half went to heaven and his dark half remained behind and that is what became a vampire and killed the forgotten one. I'm not sure that's the case. From what I remember, after that battle with Satan, Gabriel was back to his normal self. Alive. The light that left him was the power the spirits gave him to come back to life and fight Satan.

In other words, I don't think that he never split into light and dark like the founders did. He just became a vampire so that he could survive the dimensional prison where the forgotten one was.

If that's true then when it was said that he would end up just like the Lords of Shadow it was just a red herring?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I just noticed in the trailer, did Victor perform a Grand Cross?

My speculation.

Since the trailer mentioned that it is only Gabe who can defeat the Dragon, plus given the possibility of a split between good Gabe and bad Gabe, what if Victor is really good Gabe?
Good Gabe (Victor) teams up with bad Gabe for the final showdown, then they all die. the end.
Then normal Gabe would wake up and say wtf I've been smoking?

Offline TheFly22284

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Since the trailer mentioned that it is only Gabe who can defeat the Dragon, plus given the possibility of a split between good Gabe and bad Gabe, what if Victor is really good Gabe?
Good Gabe (Victor) teams up with bad Gabe for the final showdown, then they all die. the end.

I've been wondering this myself. The name would be a perfectly symbolic, if on-the-nose, choice. My only problem with it is that Dracula repeatedly seems fraught and shows some remorse. If there is a split, it may happen during the course of this game. I'm not really convinced, but it's plausible.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
I'm wondering whether the mirror of fate has anything to do with it.  After all, back in LoS1, there was a hint in Gabe's reflection just as he walked through it of his self as Dracul.  What if the mirror then shows his reflection as Gabriel, who is able to then be drawn out of Dracul?
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
This game needs a Satan working out montage.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
Pat Stew was just hired to read lines from the script. i doubt he knows anything about castlevania. y'know just like how Hugo Weaving said despite signing a contract to voice Megatron he knows nothing about the Transformers series

If what Cox said is true (I know, it's a stretch already), then the cast of voices are actually told the entire story and asked if they want to be involved in it. They're doing the work that they 'believe in'. Was in some pre-release interview for the first LoS.

Again, from Cox, so take it with a nugget of salt.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I just noticed in the trailer, did Victor perform a Grand Cross?[/s]

I'm pretty sure he had a dark crystal in his hand. It would be cool, but I'm sure it's just a boob demon.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
If what Cox said is true (I know, it's a stretch already), then the cast of voices are actually told the entire story and asked if they want to be involved in it. They're doing the work that they 'believe in'. Was in some pre-release interview for the first LoS.

Robert Carlyle did an interview with where he sounded knowledgeable enough about his role as Dracula, so while the voice actors may not be Castlevania experts, they at least know the entirety of the LoS story.

I mean, you have to have full knowledge of the character you're playing to get really good acting, regardless of whether its just voice. I'm sure everyone in the cast has seen the entire script.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Though, what they "believe in" could have a wider range of what some might think they believe in. No doubt Mr. Stewart is a great actor, but it's not like every role he chooses is based on Shakespearean drama and seriousness. He IS in American Dad, and starred in Tobe Hooper's campy space vampire horror flick, Lifeforce, back in the 80s. If he BELIEVES in those projects, that's fine, but that also means Mr. Stewart has a quirky side to himself(Robin Hood: Men in Tights is proof of that) and isn't all "Mr. Drama".

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I remember Patrick Stewart saying that his wife lovd the story of LoS1, or was it Robert?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I remember Patrick Stewart saying that his wife lovd the story of LoS1, or was it Robert?
Well I never heard Patrick Stewart saying anything about LoS whatsoever. :P That's why I asked if there is any source of him writing or saying anything about LoS.

What do you think of Agreus btw? Do you think he will be a Boss? I could imagine him being a Titan battle, not in his normal form but since he is made of Wood and seems to like nature maybe he'll merge with a plant or something, especially considering there's a Castle Area called Underground Garden.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
I just noticed in the trailer, did Victor perform a Grand Cross?

My speculation.

Then normal Gabe would wake up and say wtf I've been smoking?

You know what I noticed? Young Trevor and Victor seem to go to the same tailor.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I've been wondering this myself. The name would be a perfectly symbolic, if on-the-nose, choice. My only problem with it is that Dracula repeatedly seems fraught and shows some remorse. If there is a split, it may happen during the course of this game. I'm not really convinced, but it's plausible.

This is because even though the split happened to Gabriel, he was so pure hearted that even his evil side has some good in him.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
This Video is a bit older and I don't know if it was discussed back then on this Forum but I'll post it anyways for General enjoyment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ9QMRnkPKk