Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406160 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
What if the extra mode this game has is some sort of bonus chapter done like MoF where you play as various Belmonts inbetween Simon and Victor? That would be a nice way to wrap everything up.   

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
In that case, I'd suggest MercurySteam come up with its own Belmont history, rather than borrowing from the classic cannon. I'm just hoping for a little more creativity, which LoS2 can definitely provide -- but I'll admit I've also grown skeptic of MS's redesigns after MoF.

Then again, if this is only to involve artwork, then I don't see any harm to it; LoS2's artistic design is sound as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:39:46 AM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
What if the extra mode this game has is some sort of bonus chapter done like MoF where you play as various Belmonts inbetween Simon and Victor? That would be a nice way to wrap everything up.   

I would love to play as a battle-cross wielding Richter or Juste.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I admit, I regret not having a console version, Gamestop game me a LoS Tshirt for preorder, midnight release last time, sadly I won't be enjoying a physical box nor a chance for merchandise

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I would love to play as a battle-cross wielding Sonia.

Fixed that typo for you.  :)

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
It would be beyond awesome if The Belmont Legacy option contains many Belmonts, regardless of canons. Konami approved it, so MS could do anything. No harm in any of the alternatives

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I would have liked to see Mercury's version of the Alucard/Richter bromance. Oh the tension...

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Would so be ok with this.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

But I like Juste.  ??? He was the first Belmont I played as.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
But I like Juste.  ??? He was the first Belmont I played as.
Poor you.

So, I'm like, thirsty, for more info, these last days of waiting are the worst.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Poor you.

So, I'm like, thirsty, for more info, these last days of waiting are the worst.

Poor me because I like Juste, or I haven't played as Sonia? lol

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
In that case, I'd suggest MercurySteam come up with its own Belmont history, rather than borrowing from the classic cannon. I'm just hoping for a little more creativity, which LoS2 can definitely provide -- but I'll admit I've also grown skeptic of MS's redesigns after MoF.

Then again, if this is only to involve artwork, then I don't see any harm to it; LoS2's artistic design is sound as far as I'm concerned.

That was the first thing that I dislike from the LoS Saga... I think that MS is more creative than to borrow names from the old canon. Yes, I know that is a reboot, but don´t forget Cox words: "Forget all you know about Castlevania". Then, why they use the same names from before? Even the logo is the same from the last IGA´s games (just with a little beak in the C). And so, why to make their own canon, if ther saga/trilogy ends with LoS 2? I remember a lot of people complaining with the changes from IGA and his timeline, but, is necessary another "rebooted" canon?
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I would have liked to see Mercury's version of the Alucard/Richter bromance. Oh the tension...

Oh my... please no....
Hahahahahahaha! it would have been funny and awkward.

But I like Juste.  He was the first Belmont I played as.

First statement: You are not alone. I love that interior decorator.   :)
Second statement: Poor you.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
A local video game store told me there'll be a physical box for LoS2. :) (PC version of course)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:46:11 AM by Chernabogue »

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
One of the photos from the Paris Art Exhibition shows the concept art for Leviathan. Battle totally confirmed.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

anything