Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406175 times)

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Are we still trying to justify LoS2's plot? Look, I didn't want to spoil it for all of you, but here's the official epilogue, brought to us by an anonymous leaker:

"Official?" Uh huh. >_>

http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Are we still trying to justify LoS2's plot? Look, I didn't want to spoil it for all of you, but here's the official epilogue, brought to us by an anonymous leaker:

"And so it was that both Death and Satan were permanently destroyed, putting an end to the ageless suffering of humanity. For from that day on, all would live on in peace and harmony, forever grateful for their blessed existence in a world where no one died, no one was evil, and everyone was a mutant. In the crumbling ashes of Castlevania city, joyful children would come to point and shout in glee at Satan's lifeless and bloodied corpse, and the occasionally fortunate traveler would meet two not-exactly-so-evil vampires, cursed to wander the streets of Castlevania for all eternity. But that traveler would smile, as he'd know, just by looking at them, that everything would be all right -- for Gabriel and Alucard, despite centuries of differences, did love each other after all.
The End."

And Dracula's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Happy ever after... This isn't some feel good family movie. Argh.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Yea I'd like to know where that came from.

It does sound like something Mercury Steam would write though.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
It's what we call humor -- and I thought it was obvious enough that I'd written it. ;D
Anyways, I shouldn't have called it "official", if that's what confused you.

Still...
It does sound like something Mercury Steam would write though.
... I take that as a compliment.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I'm replaying it right now and just about to fight the last boss. In cold I can say the game is good, just didn't live up to the hype. It gets better the 2nd time. 7.5/10

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
altho the architexture in the castle is visually impressive, one aspect that is missing is: the paintings! where are they? what i loved about lament of innocence was the fact that the castle had awesome-looking paintings everywhere (but some were hard to really look at cuz of the damn camera). i recall Walters chamber having a giant painting of a dragon behind his throne (i think it was a dragon), but littered throughout the hallways there were various paintings of extremely odd scenes, both religious & demonic. its a shame los2 didnt include anything such as these

i also liked the fact that the castle was literally begging dracula not to leave, becuz his power gives them life. i thought the creepy "we are your family now, dont leave us" voices from the transition between the castle & the city was awesome. the castle also couldve benefitted from the random stuff weve grown accustomed to in previous castlevania games, that only a trained eye will spot, such as the giant peeping eye in the long hallway in symphony, or the bloody handprints that follow you in portrait, or the lady in the crypt in mirror. little details like that amount to a lot imo

i mean, can u just imagine while walking thru Bernhard's Quarters, you see a silhouette of a giant spider-octopus thing crawling thru the stained glass, but u never encounter it, but u know its there, watching. or in Carmillas Chamber in the library, before you enter a room you see some books being read by an invisible entity, and as soon as u enter they slam shut & fall to the ground. creepy shit like that woulda been awesome
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 06:37:24 PM by crisis »

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
altho the architexture in the castle is visually impressive, one aspect that is missing is: the paintings! where are they? what i loved about lament of innocence was the fact that the castle had awesome-looking paintings everywhere (but some were hard to really look at cuz of the damn camera). i recall Walters chamber having a giant painting of a dragon behind his throne (i think it was a dragon), but littered throughout the hallways there were various paintings of extremely odd scenes, both religious & demonic. its a shame los2 didnt include anything such as these
I agree 100%. Mirror of fate actually had them and it gave it a very castlevania-esque vibe.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
@kiddracul I'm just curious are you going to include Victor in anything else? I really did like him D:

@SarahOfMars - Maybe...

Oboyohboy
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Victor mention in an Alucard city memorial confirmed, get hype son

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
It's happening.gif
This game is the gift that keeps on giving .
(click to show/hide)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
DLC that retcons his death would be nice, but it would never happen.